• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update: Mega Scraper Production Delay - Important Information for Consultants

In summary, Home office has decided to delay the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon. They anticipate shipping samples after the start of the new season.
missyciccolella said:
I guess I don't view myself as a customer...I don't really "buy" anything so if I don't earn it, I don't have it. I would much rather my customer have it available so I don't have to explain the story and can keep my customer intead of having it to show and saying "sorry you can't buy it".

Thanks for typing this so I didn't have to. . .

Deep breaths, everyone.

I am so sorry for the people who feel beat up on. I have felt the same way in the past. I made the mistake of posting an idea on here, which I later thought better of, and some people had me in tears! That said ... I decided to stick around and have continued to benefit from this site. I sincerely hope you stick around.

I am a LITTLE disappointed ... and I do wish they'd substitute the Micro Scraper, as I think that will sell anyway. However ...I also understand that things happen. In my previous product line, they constantly ran out of stock on items. And they would introduce products in the spring line, only to retire them in the fall. And I NEVER earned a product because they set the incentive level way too high, at times of the year when it's impossible to sell!

I'm glad we work for a company that looks out for us AND our customers.

There is an old saying about "being part of the solution and not part of the problem."

Does anyone honestly LIKE the fact that HO is having a problem with these scrapers? Absolutely not!

As some are tired of being "attacked" (your words, not mine) on being negative...well, it seems those that try to think of the brighter side are made out to be mindless Stepford wives.

We know HO is not perfect. What is wrong with trying to make lemonaide out of lemons? It was just a Cheffer sharing an announcement and what has made Chef Success successful is finding ways around the obsticles that we face. Why is that so wrong?

The Kool Aide comment was a degrading comment that a woman made when a consultant tried to explain policy for returns. It was an insult to ALL of us. Having a Cheffer say that to others on this board is uncalled for. I personally made an effort to help this woman who originally made this comment. When I read her next posts on her blog, I was ashamed that I put any effort into helping her. She calls us MLM...Moms Losing Money!! To repeat her comment is uncalled for because you are in turn insulting yourself too.

Last edited:
I also agree the "Kool Aid" comment was uncalled for and very negative to all of us.

Like VTODD71 said though, we are all entitled to our opinion and nobody should be banned from posting just because they may not like something HO does. It's better to discuss these things w/other consultants then people outside of PC.

I just don't think we should bash each other. Like I said in another post - we are all going to have our days (most of us are women!!):)!

Okay - I wasn't going to post on here, because I'm trying to not get dragged down by the negative stuff......however;

I used to belong to another PC chat board - it was a great place to go for tips and info, etc.....and then, people started posting more and more complaints, and whenever anyone tried to get them to stop - they always pulled out the "we have a right to say what we want" card. The problem is that people got sick of hearing the complaints, and pretty soon, all of the people who REALLY benefited the board - not complaining, but actually sharing all kinds of good tips, flyers, etc....just left - and all that remained was negativity. I would hate for that to happen here.

I listen first to, and will take the side of, someone who has contributed all kinds of good info, and has been willing to help other consultants on this board, as opposed to others whose only contributions to this board are negative and complaining.
Okay - so you have the right to spew your complaints and negativity all over the rest of us - but that means we also have the right to tell you what we think.

pampchefrhondab said:
Like VTODD71 said though, we are all entitled to our opinion and nobody should be banned from posting just because they may not like something HO does. It's better to discuss these things w/other consultants then people outside of PC.

I just don't think we should bash each other. Like I said in another post - we are all going to have our days (most of us are women!!):)!

I agree. I believe it is better to discuss all aspects of the company, good or bad, here than with customers. I would never say anything bad about PC with a customer because that isn't good business. But sometimes it is good to just get things off your chest.

I also agree we shouldn't bash each other. But two wrongs don't make a right. Sure, colechef may not have used the best wording but some of you weren't exactly Mrs. Nice Person either. By the way even us men have our days too. LOL Hey I had to crack a joke to liven up this thread somehow. :D

The weather in Boise is COLD.....how's it in your area?

cmdtrgd said:
The weather in Boise is COLD.....how's it in your area?

Believe it or not it is cold here in Florida too. It is currently 46 degrees. :D

lol. The low here is supposed to be 0 tonight, so it's a little on the chilly side. Although its been in the 30's during the day, so I really can't complain. We're getting snow again on Friday. Is there anyone that actually likes winter? It seems like everyone I talk to is counting down the days until spring.

Looking outside was beautiful with blue skies, puffy clouds and lots of sun. But, when you go outside it was 18 degrees!!

vtodd71 said:
Believe it or not it is cold here in Florida too. It is currently 46 degrees. :D

Is that normal this time of year? 45 degrees certainly isn't cold, but I'm going to Orlando next month, and I keep picturing warm, beach weather. Of course, thats probably because the last time I was in Florida it was July.

chefbritt said:
Is there anyone that actually likes winter? It seems like everyone I talk to is counting down the days until spring.

No. Why do you think I moved from Indiana to Florida. No snow. No 0 degree weather. I love it! :p

chefbritt said:
Is that normal this time of year? 45 degrees certainly isn't cold, but I'm going to Orlando next month, and I keep picturing warm, beach weather. Of course, thats probably because the last time I was in Florida it was July.

Honestly our weather changes constantly. It is crazy. The joke is if you don't like the weather today, stick around because you may like it tomorrow. If you are going to Orlando which is about 4 hours south of me, you should be fine. The weather is always 10-20 degrees warmer in the south.

It does get warm in July but I don't mind it so much.

Oh how I wish winter would go away! We're going to be really cold this weekend - sub zero for the first time this winter. On the positive side I'm glad I don't have any shows booked:)! I have to go to a jewelry one I was invited to on Sunday and I really am not going to feel like going out in that weather! I feel sorry for the consultant. At least I won't be sitting outside watching a football game in Wisconsin either - those poor fans and players!!

Last edited:
We are cold here too. The WIND is the worst!! makes taking the puppy out not very fun!!

Yeah! Winters in Northern IN are NOT fun! I was born in Monticello, IN by the way. Speaking of other DM shows, we are going to a Partylite show next week.

StacieB said:
We are cold here too. The WIND is the worst!! makes taking the puppy out not very fun!!

Yeah but isn't it ALWAYS cold in South Dakota. I believe I read somewhere once where in South Dakota it even snowed on Halloween. Bless your heart. I feel for you guys.

Monticello is not too far from me. I'm near Fort Wayne.

pampchefrhondab said:
Monticello is not too far from me. I'm near Fort Wayne.

Yes! I've been to Fort Wayne. Have you ever been to Indiana Beach?

(psst... Did we distract the others enough yet :D )

vtodd71 said:
Yeah but isn't it ALWAYS cold in South Dakota. I believe I read somewhere once where in South Dakota it even snowed on Halloween. Bless your heart. I feel for you guys.

Oh Yes, I remember one Halloween when I was in High School where wer got a Foot. Craziness!!!

vtodd71 said:
Honestly our weather changes constantly. It is crazy. The joke is if you don't like the weather today, stick around because you may like it tomorrow. If you are going to Orlando which is about 4 hours south of me, you should be fine. The weather is always 10-20 degrees warmer in the south.

It does get warm in July but I don't mind it so much.
Sounds like what is said about Michigan. Also ahve heard "if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes and it will change."

That statement is so true for SD too JAE!!

vtodd71 said:
Yes! I've been to Fort Wayne. Have you ever been to Indiana Beach?

(psst... Did we distract the others enough yet :D )

No, only have the song stuck in my head now from the commercials - thank you very much:p !

(I hope the distraction is working;) )

Grandmarita said:
Do you interpret this to mean that what they have, they are reserving to
fill orders that we submit in the initial few weeks of March shows? That is six weeks from now, and it surprises me that they do not have a sufficient number to fill the Incentive bonus' we have earned way back in November.

Grandmarita - I haven't seen a post from you in a while. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing! Are you going to Nat. Conf. this year?

pampchefrhondab said:
No, only have the song stuck in my head now from the commercials - thank you very much:p !

(I hope the distraction is working;) )

Those commercials are sOOOOOOO annoying!

The same thing happened last year with the Julienne peeler. Manufacturing errors occur. I'm just glad to see that they will still allow our customer's to by them rather than putting them on stop sell. While I would like to see one first hand because the thing confuses me a little, I would rather our customer's get their hands on one and tell everyone else about it.

As far as negativity, remember the old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". I think some people (no I'm not calling anyone out, just using a general statement) need to remember their manners on here. It's much easier to type something that you probably wouldn't say to someone face to face. I got called selfish a while back and I doubt that person would have called me selfish to my face or to her team!

chefann said:
Carol, it must be that all the smarties are in Michigan, because I agree with you 100%. :)

Ha ha...:D I agree with you both 100% ....:balloon:

pampchefrhondab said:
At least I won't be sitting outside watching a football game in Wisconsin either - those poor fans and players!!

My husband asked me if I wanted to go up to Green Bay and see if we could get any tickets. I said, "I like our big screen and the 70* here in my livingroom, thank you." I like to watch the Packers and all, but not in 8*.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I wasn't going to post on here, because I'm trying to not get dragged down by the negative stuff......however;

I used to belong to another PC chat board - it was a great place to go for tips and info, etc.....and then, people started posting more and more complaints, and whenever anyone tried to get them to stop - they always pulled out the "we have a right to say what we want" card. The problem is that people got sick of hearing the complaints, and pretty soon, all of the people who REALLY benefited the board - not complaining, but actually sharing all kinds of good tips, flyers, etc....just left - and all that remained was negativity. I would hate for that to happen here.

I listen first to, and will take the side of, someone who has contributed all kinds of good info, and has been willing to help other consultants on this board, as opposed to others whose only contributions to this board are negative and complaining.
Okay - so you have the right to spew your complaints and negativity all over the rest of us - but that means we also have the right to tell you what we think.

AMEN!:thumbup:

Wow, I went to church and came back to all of this. Glad I went to church. I was very upset to get the email from HO. I want the products I earned...they are not a gift, they are something we earned and will show up on our 1099 as income. So yes, basically you paid for them in one way or another. We just got a better deal on them.

I think it stinks that we are not getting what we earned. I love PC but for the last several seasons we have had production problems. While I understand that this happens sometimes, it seems it is happening to us a lot. Yes, we put out a lot of products, but our products are not decided overnight. It would seem that we should be able to foresee some of this.

Yes, I would rather my customer have it than me, so I am glad we can still sell it even if we can't have it yet. But, if they don't have sufficient stock to send out to consultants who earned them, I don't see how they have sufficient stock for us to sell them. If this turns out to be a great selling product, I feel it will be put on backorder and then stop-sell. I for one will not be trying to sell them until I know we have sufficient stock for our customers.

While this is a production problem, the company has to take some part of the responsibility for it. There is nothing we can do about it so it doesn't help to argue. This is a good place to vent our frustrations. We are suppose to be here to help and support each other. It is much better that we don't attack someone every time we don't agree with what they say. We cannot see body language, and frustration in the written word when we don't know the person directly. So, how we "take" something is not always the way the writer intended it to sound/come across. I chose to ignore the Kool-Aid comment from the past and present posts.

I would love if HO gave us a choice of another product for our incentive. But, since they said they would ship my scraper later, I will just have to wait for it.

Lets all "CHILL OUT" and be Christ-like. I am not trying to bash, insult or belittle anyone, but most of us claim to be christians...different denominations, but same religion. Christians are human and have a bad day sometimes, just like everyone in the world. But, if we all just take a step back and a deep breath we could be a lot kinder to each other.

our products are not decided overnight. It would seem that we should be able to foresee some of this.

I found it strange that this happened so close to the shipping date. Did HO wait until the last minute to start getting these products or maybe the manufacturer shipped them last minute? Or maybe it was due to warehouse space that they weren't on hand earlier. It could have been that they were in stock and when they were doing QC found issues with them. We have no way of knowing and although I'm a little disappointed, it's not that big a deal. I'll get it sooner or later.

Oh wait, lightbulb moment! We could blame it on FedEx! :p

Marisa you are too funny!! I can't blame anything on FedEx. I happen to have a great fedex person. I have only seen my driver one time. The first few times he came I had issues because he left packages at the back of the house in the wet grass beside the door...no porch. But after my husband told him to leave them on the porch or in the shop, he generally leaves them on the front porch out of the weather. I happen to live in a small rural town, so nobody bothers my stuff...and everyone knows everyone around here. I am the only PC consultant within 30 or 40 miles, so even if he leaves it at the wrong house everyone knows where it goes.

Yes, this is disappointing, but nothing to get too worked up about.

RebelChef said:
I found it strange that this happened so close to the shipping date. Did HO wait until the last minute to start getting these products or maybe the manufacturer shipped them last minute? Or maybe it was due to warehouse space that they weren't on hand earlier. It could have been that they were in stock and when they were doing QC found issues with them. We have no way of knowing and although I'm a little disappointed, it's not that big a deal. I'll get it sooner or later.

1. It truly isn't close to the shipping date. First shipping date for these for customers is March 1st or 1 1/2 months away.

2. They do have enough on hand for incentives and in time but CHOSE to hold those for customers.

3. Warehouse space - let me tell you, there is enough for these, but still crazy to carry too much stock in your warehouse on a new product. It is better to produce closer to the needed time.

4. I don't think we'll DIE without it. :D

FedEx, well funny story at our work this week. A customer of ours just received her package and it was a ship-to change (gift). When she got it she called to thank her daughter for the Christmas gift (gift card was in it).

The order was from 2003!!!!

So, our new theme at work for our National Acct. Manager coming in today is: FedEx - When you absolutely, positively have to have it fast - within 5 years.

I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm going to quit PC after this crazy incident! I mean c'mon! How can they expect us to do our job without a scraper that we shouldn't really be showing people yet anyway??? The nerve!!!

;)

redsoxgirl said:
I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm going to quit PC after this crazy incident! I mean c'mon! How can they expect us to do our job without a scraper that we shouldn't really be showing people yet anyway??? The nerve!!!

;)

How 'bout those Patriots!! :D

redsoxgirl said:

;)

ROFLOL! Good point...

...and if you want one early, I'm sure you can find one on E-bay March 1st from all those "non-consultants" selling.

RebelChef said:

Their manufacturer may have waited until the last minute. I work in a manufacturing business. Sometimes things fall through and while you can make promises, sometimes you cannot keep your end of the bargin depending on the circumstances. We once had a sales person tell a customer that we would have their order done by 5 p.m., bad part, they didn't even get us the order until 11 a.m. that morning. That was not enough time to even have the order done by 5 p.m. the next day. Miscommunications happen, lack of judgement happen, mistakes happen.

P - A - T - S
PATS! PATS! PATS!

:D :love: :D :love: :D :love: :D :love:

janetupnorth said:
GO PACKERS!!!!!!

WOO-HOO! I'm with ya Janet! I'm gonna hurry home from my show on Sunday~can't wait to watch the game!

(love how this thread got highjacked several times btw; I'm not even gonna comment on the original issue)

lacychef said:
WOO-HOO! I'm with ya Janet! I'm gonna hurry home from my show on Sunday~can't wait to watch the game!

(love how this thread got highjacked several times btw; I'm not even gonna comment on the original issue)

Lacy, Lacy, Lacy....you just had to come here didn't you?:D

Hey Lindsay,

You had me for a minute there! I read it and thought, "WHAT THE ****?!?! That is not like her! " I though that I was going to have to chime-in and tell you 'something'......then I realized you were joking - good one!

ChefBeckyD said:

These comments sound exactly why I feel this way...

I don't know if anyone has noticed but I have not posted much lately. It is because I am tired of all the negativity and I am especially am tired of being attacked when I try to help others by pointing out the policies and guidelines that HO provides so that we can all succeed and have ethical businesses. I am human and admit that, even though no offense is meant, my words can be interpreted differently than I mean them. I never mean to upset anyone and speak in response to postings with incorrect or unethical information by several people before I speak up.

HO is very generous to us. Sure, things don't always go as planned but they are human as we are and not everything is in their control. I am so tired of the attacks and negativity that I highly doubt I will renew my membership in March when it comes up. Please don't celebrate until then. I have feelings too.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
These comments sound exactly why I feel this way...

I don't know if anyone has noticed but I have not posted much lately. It is because I am tired of all the negativity and I am especially am tired of being attacked when I try to help others by pointing out the policies and guidelines that HO provides so that we can all succeed and have ethical businesses. I am human and admit that, even though no offense is meant, my words can be interpreted differently than I mean them. I never mean to upset anyone and speak in response to postings with incorrect or unethical information by several people before I speak up.

HO is very generous to us. Sure, things don't always go as planned but they are human as we are and not everything is in their control. I am so tired of the attacks and negativity that I highly doubt I will renew my membership in March when it comes up. Please don't celebrate until then. I have feelings too.

That makes two of us Beth. I'll stick to DCS. I really hate what CS has become over the last 6 months or so.

See - that is exactly what I was talking about. Sure - the negative garbage can continue - but then we lose people like Beth & Carolyn- who have a lot of wisdom, and successful tips for us - and who have always been willing to help and encourage other consultants, and have proven themselves to be compassionate friends.That makes me sad.

pamperedlinda said:
Hey Lindsay,

You had me for a minute there! I read it and thought, "WHAT THE ****?!?! That is not like her! " I though that I was going to have to chime-in and tell you 'something'......then I realized you were joking - good one!

LOL Linda
Seriously - I have bigger things to worry about in my lif than if I get a scraper or not - like trying to get pregnant and find a house! :D

chefann said:
That's how I interpret it, Rita, that they're delaying our shipments to make sure they have enough for customers.

It also says that the supplier had production problems. So there was nothing HO could have done to get more. IMO, it's better to keep our customers happy than to send them to us and have back-orders for customers.

I totally agree Ann!

dannyzmom said:
That makes two of us Beth. I'll stick to Director Chef Success. I really hate what Chef Success has become over the last 6 months or so.
FUnny you should mention that. I JUST had my membership expire and waited and contemplated a good week or so whether or not I'd renew it here. I decided to do it at the $5 option because I really don't see myself getting on here as much. I definitely don't lately and for the same reason. :( Oh well. I completely agree that everyone has their right to their opinion, but just the overall tone of how things have been lately is quite disappointing.

As for the issue that originally started this thread, I was disappointed for about 2 seconds that this item would be coming later. I was amazed how worked up people got. The tone that came across was as if the HO was deliberately trying to make us mad or something. They are doing this for the best interest of the customer. Some of us feel like we're customers too, some of us don't feel that way. Fine. In the long run, it makes our job easier that we don't have to deal with stop-sells or backorders. (Seriously how many stop-sells have we had??? I can count on ONE hand how much it's happened in the last 5 years!! That's pretty amazing.) THIS is what they're looking at down the road. It's a very minor similarity to the early years of PC when they actually had to put a hold on RECRUITING!!! They wouldn't accept new consultant agreements. Can you imagine if this happened now?? People would go ape-s***. IT's because the company was growing like crazy and they couldn't keep up. They correctly determined it would affect the CUSTOMER in the long run....too many shows, not enough product, things taking way too long because of the overload, etc.

Those of you who aren't familiar with this, read Doris's book The Pampered Chef: One of America's Most Beloved Companies. You'll see that this is a VERY smart organization in how they anticipate things. Sure, things happen that are beyond their control, but they don't make these types of decisions without thouroughly thinking them through. Maybe they'll end up offering a replacement for those who earned the Mega Scraper. Who knows. In the meantime, I choose to continue to focus on my business and make it grow. I won't get caught up in my very brief disappointment. To each his own.

***These are just my personal opinions. :blushing:

It's very hard the way things come across, especially when words are written. I posted something a few months ago and got myself chewed a new one by a fellow director. It was brutal and my feelings were hurt. I met this director for the first time in person at leadership and I have to say, I had a hard time being nice and happy to her... I was trying to help with something and I got brutally slammed... right out in the open for everyone to see. Is my opinion of her tarnished? Most definitely. Can it be repaired? I'm not sure. I think we all need to make a huge effort to be sensitive about how we come across on posts. And really, if someone feels the need negatively address someone, please send a PM. Things like that really aren't for the public forum. It doesn't have anything to do with us enhancing our businesses.

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
See - that is exactly what I was talking about. Sure - the negative garbage can continue - but then we lose people like Beth & Carolyn- who have a lot of wisdom, and successful tips for us - and who have always been willing to help and encourage other consultants, and have proven themselves to be compassionate friends.

That makes me sad.

Not to sound mean but I have no patience for people who have a "I'll just take my ball and go home" attitude. Let them leave. I've been on enough forums to know that people come and go. If they choose to leave that is their choice.

I thought we had hijacked this thread and we could talk about more positive stuff but I guess not. :(

<h2>1. Why is there a delay in the shipment of Mega Scrapers?</h2><p>The delay is due to production issues that have now been resolved. However, there is still a shortage of Mega Scrapers available for shipment.</p><h2>2. Will the delay affect my ability to earn Mega Scrapers through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon?</h2><p>Yes, the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through these programs will also be delayed.</p><h2>3. What about sample orders?</h2><p>Fulfillment of sample orders will also be delayed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.</p><h2>4. When can we expect the Mega Scrapers to be shipped?</h2><p>We do not have an exact date at this time, but we will send an email with an updated shipping date as soon as possible.</p><h2>5. How can we still sell the Mega Scraper at our Cooking Shows?</h2><p>You can use the catalog photo on page 22 to showcase the product and explain its features. Additionally, you can use the Micro Scraper and Master Scraper to demonstrate the high quality and strength of the Mega Scraper.</p>

1. Why is there a delay in the shipment of Mega Scrapers?

The delay is due to production issues that have now been resolved. However, there is still a shortage of Mega Scrapers available for shipment.

2. Will the delay affect my ability to earn Mega Scrapers through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon?

Yes, the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through these programs will also be delayed.

3. What about sample orders?

Fulfillment of sample orders will also be delayed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

4. When can we expect the Mega Scrapers to be shipped?

We do not have an exact date at this time, but we will send an email with an updated shipping date as soon as possible.

5. How can we still sell the Mega Scraper at our Cooking Shows?

You can use the catalog photo on page 22 to showcase the product and explain its features. Additionally, you can use the Micro Scraper and Master Scraper to demonstrate the high quality and strength of the Mega Scraper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
esavvymom