• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unusual Delay in PayPal Debit: My Experience and Concerns

In summary, this person's shows have always been debit after submission, but recently it has taken 1 week rather than the usual 8 days.
heat123
Silver Member
I thought I saw a thread re: this same topic, delaying of HO debiting our acct. for shows but could not find it and add my comments?

So anyways, today I had 2 shows delivered and still they have not deducted it from my acct! I thought that was really strange so I double checked the method of payment I used in PP and sure enough it was for my debit card acct?? Strange:confused: I tell ya, I have never known them to wait until after it was shipped and delivered!!!! Anyone else have this happen lately?

Happens to me all the time. They don't usually debit my account until about a week afer my show is submitted. Most of the time the shipment has already been delivered to me or my host.

It has always been that way with my shows! 10-14 days between submission and debiting! It is so scary because a lot can go wrong in 10 days!

About 4 days usually for debit. They do an "authorization" before it ships, but it "processes" at time of shipment (by law they can't deduct before shipment - or I should say shouldn't deduct) and then it takes 3-4 days to clear your account.

Mine always gets debitted right before it's delivered!???! So this is new to me!

Let me qualify that the 4 days is from shipment to debit.

From submission to debit, I would agree it is about 1 week...

It's always 8 days from submission to debit for me.....I had a lady in finance explain it to me one time....but I don't remember the whole explanation - something about the time it takes to go to my bank, get approved,and then get routed back to PC's bank.....maybe if you happen to use the same bank as PC, it might go a little faster?

I do know that it has nothing to do with the CC charges on your show - those are done separately from the debit from your account.....also part of the explanation from the Finance lady....had quite a long chat w/ her....all over a host who wrote a $400 check and then didn't have the money cover it and wanted to change it to a CC instead - after the show had already been sent in!

pamperedlinda said:
Happens to me all the time. They don't usually debit my account until about a week afer my show is submitted. Most of the time the shipment has already been delivered to me or my host.
THis is usually what happens to me.....my current problem: I put 2 payments in wrong for a show; check instead of credit/debit card. And they're receiving their products today & I have to get a check from them....uh-oh!
Sorry, didn't mean to steal your thread!

Wheww, it finally debitted today, 1 day after delivery! Crazy I think!

Related to Unusual Delay in PayPal Debit: My Experience and Concerns

What is causing the unusual delay in PayPal debit?

The unusual delay in PayPal debit could be caused by several factors, such as high transaction volume, technical issues, or security checks. It is not uncommon for delays to occur occasionally, but if you are experiencing a significant delay, it is best to contact PayPal directly for further assistance.

How long does the delay typically last?

The length of the delay can vary, but it is usually resolved within a few hours to a day. If the delay has been ongoing for an extended period, it is best to reach out to PayPal for an update on the situation.

Will this delay affect my account or transactions?

In most cases, the delay should not have any impact on your account or transactions. However, it is always a good idea to check your account for any unusual activity or contact PayPal if you have any concerns.

Can I still use my PayPal debit card during the delay?

Yes, you can still use your PayPal debit card during the delay. However, if you are experiencing any issues with your card, it is best to contact PayPal for assistance.

Is there anything I can do to avoid future delays?

Unfortunately, delays can happen despite our best efforts. However, you can minimize the chances of experiencing a delay by ensuring that your account information is up to date and that you have sufficient funds in your account before making a transaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • DZmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieSM
  • mrssyvo