• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unprepared but Successful: My Cooking Show Experience

I talked to the girl and she said she would like to do a catalog show. She is confident that she can pull it off in just a week.
chefkitty
I held a cooking show for my sis-in-law last night. Even though I have been trying to get out of the family and friends loop it worked out great. One of her friends brought a friend who is all about PC and decided she wanted 2 pieces of stoneware at 60% off (mainly the deep covered baker) so she asked if she could run a catty show til the end of the month! I was so surprised and unprepared. Of course it didn't help that I had forgotten my briefcase at home. Luckily I had enough extra catty's and order forms so she could take them with her when she left. Also ty to everyone who has ever posted a party game on this website. Because I had left my briefcase at home I didn't have any of my game sheets but I was able to use my sis-in-laws computer to get on here and figure something out!!! thanks for the ear and sorry so long!!:)

That's awesome, think double points!!!:)

I had kind of the same thing happen to me last night. Tried doing some cold calling to get shows booked for March/April. The first lady I called really LOVES the stoneware, so she said she wanted to do a catalog show. She is confident that she can pull it off in just a week. I'm thinking double points too!
Great way to think on your feet at your show. LOVE this site too!

Thanks guys. I know Double points rock!!!! I haven't done too well this month so hoping that this will boost me a little.

Good for you! Don't you love those out-of-the-blue shows? Hope this is the beginning of a winning streak for you!

possibility?
chefkitty said:
I held a cooking show for my sis-in-law last night. Even though I have been trying to get out of the family and friends loop it worked out great. One of her friends brought a friend who is all about PC and decided she wanted 2 pieces of stoneware at 60% off (mainly the deep covered baker) so she asked if she could run a catty show til the end of the month! I was so surprised and unprepared. Of course it didn't help that I had forgotten my briefcase at home. Luckily I had enough extra catty's and order forms so she could take them with her when she left. Also ty to everyone who has ever posted a party game on this website. Because I had left my briefcase at home I didn't have any of my game sheets but I was able to use my sis-in-laws computer to get on here and figure something out!!! thanks for the ear and sorry so long!!:)

Did you talk to this girl that was, as you put it, all about PC and offer her the opportunity?? I would have been ALL over that one!! LOL!!!

1. What inspired you to write about your cooking show experience?

As a consultant for Pampered Chef, I wanted to share my journey of going from being completely unprepared to successfully hosting a cooking show. I hope to inspire others who may feel intimidated by hosting a show and show them that with a little planning and practice, anyone can be successful.

2. What are some tips for someone who has never hosted a cooking show before?

First, familiarize yourself with the products and recipes beforehand. Practice cooking the recipes and using the products so you can confidently demonstrate them during the show. Also, make sure to invite guests and promote the show to ensure a good turnout. And most importantly, have fun and be yourself!

3. How do you handle unexpected challenges during a cooking show?

It's important to stay calm and think on your feet. If a recipe doesn't turn out as planned, have a backup plan or alternative recipe ready. If there are technical difficulties, try to troubleshoot them quickly or have a backup device ready. And always remember to keep a positive attitude and make the best of any situation.

4. What are some common mistakes that people make when hosting a cooking show?

One common mistake is not practicing enough beforehand. This can lead to feeling unprepared and flustered during the show. Another mistake is not promoting the show enough, resulting in a low turnout. It's also important to not be too pushy with sales and instead focus on creating a fun and informative experience for your guests.

5. What is your favorite part about hosting a cooking show?

My favorite part is seeing the joy and satisfaction on my guests' faces as they learn new recipes and discover the amazing Pampered Chef products. I also love the sense of community and connection that is created during the show, as we all bond over our love for cooking and good food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • lauradahl