• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock the Guest Special: Navigating Outside Orders on April Parties

In summary, the conversation revolves around a dilemma of whether to offer a guest special to a combined order or not. The group suggests playing dumb and offering it to the person whose name is on the order. They also discuss the eligibility of hosts for the guest special and the potential for the host to use it as a gift for a third party. The issue of staying active is also brought up and it is mentioned that HO sends reminders to consultants with low sales.
LBurke
Ok, here's my delima... I have an outside order on an April party that qualifies for the guest special... my delima is that I'm 99.9% sure that it's a combined order, in which case, neither individual order qualifies... do I ask them if they want it and let them fight over who gets it or do I not offer, since technically neither of them made a qualifying purchase?

Hmmm, that's a tough one. I think I'd play dumb & call the person who's name is on the order.

crystalscookingnow said:
Hmmm, that's a tough one. I think I'd play dumb & call the person who's name is on the order.

I would too.

I agree, Me three!

That's what I would do too!

Yep! Me too. Cuz the person who's name is not on the order is probably not paying the shipping, right?

When you finalize the show it will show up that you have an order eligible for the guest special if you don't put it on the order.

BTW, I had two orders on 1 sheet the other day but at least one of them qualified for the guest special. I found out who the orders were for and asked for the $4 shipping charge for the order that was combined and explained that the warranty had to be in that person's name for the stoneware purchased. At least this order clearly showed by the purchase who was eligible for the guest special and not a combination.

linojackie said:
Yep! Me too. Cuz the person who's name is not on the order is probably not paying the shipping, right?

I imagine that they're both paying $2. But, as far I'm concerned, one person is placing the order. If they can't pay just $2 more for the shipping, then let them fight it out for the freebie! :D

I would offer the guest special to the person that the order is being placed under, then it can be her choice to let the other person know.
Good luck

They may also choose to make it a gift for a third party. :)

When you finalize the show it will show up that you have an order eligible for the guest special if you don't put it on the order.

Yes it will! I tried to finalize my $500 show tonight. Guess whose order I missed the guest special on? THE HOST! She is paying more than $60 including half price items so yup, she gets it too. So now I have to wait until Monday to find out what she wants for free.

Oh well ... at least it will still be submitted in April so I won't get a snarky e-mail from HQ warning me that I'm in danger of going inactive despite my fantabulous March ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
Yes it will! I tried to finalize my $500 show tonight. Guess whose order I missed the guest special on? THE HOST! She is paying more than $60 including half price items so yup, she gets it too. So now I have to wait until Monday to find out what she wants for free.
The HOST can get the guest special too (assuming they are paying $60 or more out of pocket)!?
I thought I had been specifically told that they were only eligible for the host special.

pampermejolene said:
The HOST can get the guest special too (assuming they are paying $60 or more out of pocket)!?
I thought I had been specifically told that they were only eligible for the host special.

Yes, they can!

dang, I had no idea! :eek: Glad I've only done 5 shows!
And I just checked and after all the free and discounted stuff none of my hosts have $60 of their money. Now I don't feel so bad.Glad I know to offer it to them in the future though

Last edited:
Di_Can_Cook said:
Oh well ... at least it will still be submitted in April so I won't get a snarky e-mail from HQ warning me that I'm in danger of going inactive despite my fantabulous March ...
HO sends those because you'll have to have $200 in April and May combined, as well as March and April. And for every consultant (like you) who tracks their sales and makes sure they stay active, there's another who doesn't and then gets all complainey when they go inactive. So HO's systems automatically send notes to consultants who have a sub-$200 month.

yeah i know ... but the silly thing is last time I got one of those I DID have more than $200 in sales from a January show. But because it was received in early Feb., it counted as Feb. sales, and said snarky e-mail came on the heels of my submission of said show. And I wish this forum had the option to post this in tiny type, because I really don't want to chase this rabbit trail much further ....

YES THE HOST DOES GET THE SPECIAL! I remembered that in January, when my host who had less than $400 still got a great deal on stoneware by combining a 20 percent discount with the 20 percent off stoneware. But I forgot it this time. Duh!

I didn't mean to sound like I was picking on you, Di. It was the perfect opportunity to explain the system to new folks who don't know how HO works those notes. And I can totally understand why you were frustrated if you got one AFTER submitting a show.

Related to Unlock the Guest Special: Navigating Outside Orders on April Parties

What is the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion?

The "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion is a limited-time offer where customers can receive exclusive discounts and free products by placing outside orders on April parties. These orders must be placed through a party link provided by a Pampered Chef consultant.

How do I participate in the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion?

To participate in the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion, you must place an outside order through a party link provided by a Pampered Chef consultant. This link will take you to a specific party page where you can browse and purchase products at discounted prices.

When is the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion available?

The "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion is only available during the month of April. Outside orders must be placed and submitted by April 30th to qualify for the discounts and free products.

Can I combine the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion with other offers or discounts?

No, the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. This includes host rewards and consultant specials. However, the promotion can be combined with the standard benefits of being a Pampered Chef host, such as free and discounted products based on party sales.

What are the benefits of participating in the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion as a customer?

As a customer participating in the "Unlock the Guest Special" promotion, you can receive exclusive discounts and free products on your outside orders. You also have the opportunity to support a Pampered Chef consultant and their business. Additionally, placing outside orders can help you reach the minimum party sales needed to qualify for free and discounted products as a host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mandeelou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
alacey79
  • bridgetbakes
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pkd09