• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Universal Knife Block - Great for Forged Cutlery

In summary, this block has an oak finish wood frame and has thousands of plastic rods that adjust to hold any knife and many utensils...and the rods are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
I bought the Kapoosh Universal Knife Block a few weeks ago for just under $30 (you can google it to find a store that sells it) and I am very happy with it! I have had a lot of customers who have asked for a PC block, and I suggested it to HO...but in the meantime, this will be my solution. This block has an oak finish wood frame and has thousands of plastic rods that adjust to hold any knife and many utensils...and the rods are easy to clean and dishwasher safe. (the area attached to a plastic base..they aren't loose)

Thanks for the information.

Awesome! I just ordered one from Bed Bath & Beyond! Can't wait for it to arrive!

I can't wait to get the rest of the forged cutlery set to put in mine!! and maybe some PC steak knives.... except I wish that the handles matched the forged cutlery!

I asked the question to someone at the home office right when the new knives came out and I was told that you shouldn't store them in a wood block because it dulls your knives...so I went out and bought a magnetic strip that is just awesome. I will look for the e-mail reply and post it if I can find it.

I guess it really doesn't matter if your knives get dulled, we have the honing tool right? Have a great day!

The honing tool only keeps the edge sharp...if it gets very dull, it will not create a new edge. The wooden block is the equivalent of cutting on a butcher block board or glass surface. The magnetic strip is a fabulous idea!!

The kapoosh rods are plastic, and "move out of the way" to make room for the knife that is being insterted..I wonder how dulling that is? It is hard to explain...

Good Housekeeping gave it a great review!! The rods are supposed to made in such a way that they will not dull knives.

ok good! I am happy to hear that...because I love it...and I am renting a house so I would rather have a block that can move with my instead of putting more holes in the wall/cabinet for a magnetic strip!

I love this block. i saw it at bed, bath, and beyond about 6 months ago (pre-PC days) and I just sat and played with it. They had a plastic knife to demo it. It is really cool. It is sooooo not a wooden black that will dull your knives. I don't really think it would harm them at all.

Related to Universal Knife Block - Great for Forged Cutlery

What is a universal knife block?

A universal knife block is a kitchen accessory designed to hold and organize a variety of different types and sizes of knives. It typically has slots or spaces for both large and small knives, as well as slots for kitchen shears and a sharpening steel.

Is the universal knife block suitable for forged cutlery?

Yes, our universal knife block is specifically designed to accommodate all types of knives, including forged cutlery. The slots are wide enough to fit thicker blades and the block's material is gentle on the sharp edges of forged knives.

What material is the universal knife block made of?

Our universal knife block is made of a sturdy and durable plastic material that is safe for all types of knives. The material is also non-porous and easy to clean, making it a hygienic choice for your kitchen.

Can the universal knife block be placed in the dishwasher?

While the universal knife block is made of a dishwasher-safe material, we recommend hand washing it to prolong its lifespan. The high temperatures and harsh detergents in the dishwasher can cause the block to warp or crack over time.

How many knives can the universal knife block hold?

The exact number of knives that can be held in the universal knife block will vary depending on the size and thickness of the knives. However, on average, our universal knife block can hold up to 10-12 knives, including a combination of large and small knives, kitchen shears, and a sharpening steel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Devin
Back