• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique Y Words for Preschool Share Time: Help Needed!"

In summary, Ann suggested that the most possible items for DD to bring to school are yogurt, yolk, and a yearbook. Additionally, she mentioned that other possible items include yellow bananayams, yellow Legos, and yellow Crayons. Finally, she recommended bringing something from Yale University, singing the Yankee Doodle song, or having a yew tree.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
OK Peeps, I need your help! My DD has to take in something that begins with the letter Y for sharing time at pre-school today. Do any of you have suggestions (that won't have been chosen by every other kid)? I normally come up with some creative ideas, but Y has me stumped.

This is what I have so far...

Yo-yo - don't have one
Yarn - possible
Yoghurt - possible but messy
Yolk - ditto
Yak - don't have one
Yeti - ditto
Yacht - ditto

And now I have the Norah Jones song (Sesame Street version) "Don't know why Y didn't come" stuck in my head...

Aaarrggghhh!

What about a "yellow" bus? I am drawing a blank too.

yard
year
yearbook
yeast
yesterday
yoga
yogurt
yolk
your
youth
yummy
yuppie
yule

Yankee Candle

Hmmm, not sure if we have a yard-stick. DD's friend is bringing yeast, otherwise that would be a great one.

So far the most possible are yogurt, yolk and year-book.

And a reminder, they have to be objects that a 4 yr old can take into school!

Any more ideas folks?

yellow banana

yams - if you have a can in the pantry. :)

Yams!
A YARD of fabric
or, she could just bring her youthful self in and yoddle for everyone ! :)

Yoo-hoo beverage
Yuck (take in something from the back of the fridge)
Yum (a dessert or treat)

You guys are so funny... Thanks for all of the ideas!

I wish I did have some yams... Maybe I have an old yucky sweet potato in the back of my fridge that would do!! I probably have lots of yuck and yums, LOL! Ann, I've never heard of a yoo-hoo?!

I have a feeling that alot of kids will end up bringing yellow things...

Any more ideas? I need something by noon! I'm still looking at a yolk or yogurt right now.

Annie, Yoo-hoo is a chocolate drink, popular in some areas of the country. A convenience store would have it with the refrigerated soft drinks and individual milk containers.

ooh- year is a good one! Take in a calendar.

yin & yang
yodeler
yeoman
yield sign
yeast

I'd love to go get a yield sign!! :D Or a Yeoman!! (Anyone bring one back from London? Leggy??).

I kind of the like the year/calendar idea. My parents gave us one for Christmas with family pictures in it, which would be cute :).

Thanks again for all of the ideas, time to get an early lunch before we head off to school.

See... we had V last week and that was tricky. The kids are allowed to take in books that start with the letter though so she took in The Very Busy Spider. Are books that start with Y allowed? Not that I have any on the top of my head but it might be good to take a look in the bookcase. Yuck stickers (those green faced poison alert stickers)
Yellow anything... ooh, yellow cake that could be part of snack?
Something from Yale University?
yarn is always good and easy
Words Starting With 'Y'
more Y words there...
Could she learn to sing the Yankee Doodle song?
Have a yew tree? Could take a branch of that if you do.

So, what did you take?

chefann said:
ooh- year is a good one! Take in a calendar.
Leave it to you to mention this! This is what I wanted to say!!:p Yearly Calendar... is yearly a word?

Sure is. :)

And the winner is...

... the calendar! Thanks Ann (and Cathy too!). I was actually impressed with Abbie, as I suggested year to her as a Y word (she had been pushing for yak!), and asked how she could take a year to school. Straight away she sais, "a calendar!". Not bad for only 4 yrs. I'm such the proud mommy :)

Yukon -- help her google some info about the Yukon & print it. Maybe some pictures. It can be a Lang Arts / Social Studies example of the letter Y:)

1. What are some unique "Y" words that are suitable for preschool share time?

Some unique "Y" words for preschool share time include: yellow, yo-yo, yak, yogurt, and yawn.

2. Can you provide some ideas on how to make learning "Y" words fun for preschoolers?

One fun idea is to make a letter "Y" collage using yellow construction paper, yellow pom poms, and pictures of objects that start with the letter "Y" such as a yacht or a yam. Another idea is to play a game of "I Spy" where the children have to find and name objects in the room that start with the letter "Y".

3. Do you have any suggestions for incorporating movement into learning "Y" words?

Yes, you can have the children pretend to be yellow butterflies, yapping dogs, or hopping kangaroos while saying the letter "Y" and its corresponding word. You can also create a "Y" shaped obstacle course for the children to navigate through while saying "Y" words.

4. How can I encourage preschoolers to use "Y" words in their everyday speech?

One way to encourage the use of "Y" words is to point out and praise when children use them in conversation or play. You can also make a game out of finding "Y" words in everyday objects and have the children say the word out loud.

5. Are there any crafts or activities that can help reinforce the letter "Y" and its corresponding words?

Yes, you can have the children make a paper plate yak by painting a paper plate brown and adding googly eyes, horns, ears, and a yarn tail. Another activity is to have the children make their own yogurt parfaits by layering yogurt, granola, and fruit while saying "yogurt".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
grainsmommy
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sarahsellcm
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies