• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with My PC Business: Need Help to Refocus and Re-Energize

In summary, the person is feeling frustrated and in a slump with their Pampered Chef business. They have tried various strategies to increase bookings, such as leaving catalogs and contacting potential hosts, but have not had much success. They also feel that their director is not supporting them as much as they used to. Other Pampered Chef consultants offer advice, such as checking in with past hosts and utilizing customer care calls. The person is reminded to remember their "why" for doing Pampered Chef and to communicate their needs to their director.
lisatx04
Don't want to bore you all, but I just think I need help to refocus or something...

Been with PC a year this October. Business was okay, the way I wanted it. 2 shows a month. Since June, I have had 1, yes, 1 show!! No catty shows, no outside orders. Nothing. My list of 100 is totally used-I am surprised they even take my phone calls! I have left cattys in almost all offices I go to,that have my contact info on it. I have called every "possible interest in hosting", which is never panned out. I contacted realtors and followed up-nothing. I even carry my PC bag with me, have given out the catalog and never heard from them again.

My director just isn't there for me anymore. When I was doing shows, they were good shows, so I guess now that her share of the money isn't coming in and she has signed new consultants, she doesn't need me anymore. :( That was rude, sorry I didn't mean to offend any directors, but that is the black and white of it!! :eek:

I like PC products and want to continue but it just does not seem like it's for me anymore. Have any of you felt like this and if so, how did you get out of the slump?

Please help!!

Have you checked back in with your past hosts? How about the guests at those shows? Try making some customer care calls to check on them and while yo uhave them on the phone tell them about the upcoming specials. Good luck.

I have definately been there. I have gone to neighborhoods & put out surveys. I have gotten some bookings there. Also, any fairs you could do would be helpful. Make customer care calls and see where that takes you. Get your hosts to book again. It is a new season & they are sure to want the new products. Then offer incentives at the show to book right then. Don't expect anyone to contact you. That is just how it is. If you give someone a catalog, get their information. Any communication will be up to you. I am sorry to hear about your director. Call her anyway & see if she can offer anything. If not, go above her to get the help. If you really want to continue with PC don't give up. Find a way to make it happen.

I'm sorry, Lisa. You sound really frustrated, and I can understand that.

First, I want to assure you that we've all gone through slumps. As my upline pointed out not long ago, you need to remember your why. Why do you do PC? That way, when you're frustrated and don't like what you're doing, you can focus on why you're doing it until you're out of that slump.

That said, I agree with Linda. Call the hosts from six months to a year ago. Tell them you had so much fun with them that you're hoping they'll want to do another show. Let them know what specials are coming up.

Are you mentioning hosting a few times at your show? There are lots of ways to do this (one-liners, commercials, host average stack, etc.). The important thing is to make sure people know that hosting is 1) easy, 2) fun, and 3) profitable.

As for your director, have you talked with her about what you need from her? Directors are human, and, like all of us, sometimes they drop the ball. It could be that she doesn't realize that you're not receiving the support you expect. Sit down and think through what you feel you need--a weekly call, emails to check in, etc. I recently told my director that I wanted to be more accountable with the 3-2-1. I asked if I could email her a weekly report of the contacts I'd made and the results of that contact.

Please don't let a slump chase you from PC. Now, you shouldn't feel guilty if it's truly time for you to step away. I just don't want you to do something out of frustration that you'll regret in a couple of months.

Lisa~

I have a hard time keeping my schedule full when I am only booking 2-4 shows a month, too. It seems if I have 2 shows a week, then I stay on a roll and the bookings come. If I can only do 2-4 shows a month, then I know that I will have to be on the phone getting those bookings.

Sorry to hear that your Director isn't giving you what you need right now. I would see if you could set up a call with her to discuss what help would be beneficial to you. Every consultant is different, so she may have backed off so you wouldn't feel pressured since you aren't doing too many shows. I agree with Stacy, though. If your director doesn't help you after you ask, go above her and ask for help!

Don't give up if PC is enjoyable to you!!

{{{{hugs}}}} I know it's frustrating and you have to make your own decision about whether to continue your business or not. I wish you the best!

I am sorry your director isn't responsive to you. It could be that she has a large organization and has no choice but to pick and choose who she talks to each week (they say we should touch our performers and new people first).

Personally, I do not have a large team (16) so I still have time to touch everyone frequently (and even if -when- my team grows I plan to at find a way to continue to make every member of my team feel valued). Some months it is mostly by email or phone messages though - can't always actually talk to everyone - depends on my and their schedules.

I have some consultants who only do the bare minimum to stay active but I reach out to them at LEAST once a month and offer whatever they need/want from me. I feel that if they are responding to me in any way they are "worth" my time/effort. I also at least email EVERYONE who has signed with me or my team until they ask me to take them off my list. If they are not responding I do not know what is going on in their lives.

Even if they don't want to sell anymore, they are still in my life as friends. Two who have chosen not to sell anymore have just booked shows with me.

Lisa,

Sorry to hear you are frustrated. I took some time off this summer to assess what I wanted to do with my business so I can understand where you're coming from. It's almost like starting up again when you've not had shows for a while. I decided I really did enjoy PC but just wanted to keep it at 2-4 shows a month instead of the 8-10 I was working on before.

I do think as Kelly said it can be harder when you have fewer shows to keep things going because you don't have as many shows to draw from. As Linda said, those past hosts can be a great place to start if you haven't reached out to them. That is how I got things rolling again. When I was a hostess before becoming a consultant I would do a show a year so some of these ladies may be ready again. Fall is always a fun time to as people are getting ready for the holiday season and gift giving allows for more purchases.

Have you considered throwing your own show for the new season. Create your guest list and invite everyone you know to come and check out the new items and ideas for quick and delicious meals. I have had a lot of interest in the 29 minute cookbook and new ideas for simple, quick meals. Once you get them to your show then you can expose them to more of the new items and the new theme shows which should generate a higher degree of interest in hosting their own shows.

Good luck!

I think we have all shared your frustrations so you are not alone in that area. Have you tried talking with your director? I know you say she isn't there for you, but is that b/c she isn't returning your calls; not holding monthly meetings; or she is not picking up the phone to call you? I had a terrible director when I joined...she moved and then I signed...I never heard from her except when her directorship was in jeopardy. I was happy to roll up to my new director! Point being, I took every teleclass I could, I listened to every CD on the supply order form and I did what I had to make it work. I wasn't getting any support, returned phone calls, she wouldn't set up hospitality for me (and HO won't help consultants with that one unless you're a director) - she was a total dud! If you want it bad enough you'll make it work. I had to have a set income every month or it was back to office work. You have a great network here and we are more than happy to help...collectively all the Chef Success members have 100s of years of experience in all walks of life - utilize us! We want you to succeed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa,
Have you done any Craft Shows or Business Expo's? That is a great way to get leads. Even from the "NO'S"!!! I recently did a craft show and got 5 bookings out of the "NO'S" and only 2 out of the "Yes's" I had which were 6 yes's out of the fair!!
Go to CraftLister.com for and put in your area for listings of upcoming Craft Fairs.
Good Luck.
Schel

Now is the worst time to give up! This is the time of year when you actually start getting people calling YOU for shows and shopping! Keep leaving you rcatalogues strategically placed everywhere you go.
Try to get in on some sort of trade fair or something. Also, ask a local biz if you can put a lead box and some prize slips on their counter.

I have had NOTHING all summer, and i just did a trade fair last weekend, and my October is full with 9 bookings, got a booking for this thursday, and November is about half way there!

Find a way to get a lead box out there somewhere if you haven't got a fair you can participate in.

What is a lead box?

Sorry... it is just a draw box that you can get leads from.

Like with your door prize slips that you use at shows.
I have one out right now that is just one of those pretty boxes with the lid that you can get at the dollar store. I cut a "Slot" on the top of it and made a little sign on my computer that just says "Enter to win a package of Pampered Chef products (Value more than $30)"
I will go back at the end of the month and take the "Leads" out and pick a winner.
Then you have some people (Leads) to call!
The winner will just get a package of products that I have purchased from the supply order (Worth $30 retail... but not $30 for us!)
But you could put whatever amount you want on your box.

Veevahchef said:
Sorry... it is just a draw box that you can get leads from.

Like with your door prize slips that you use at shows.
I have one out right now that is just one of those pretty boxes with the lid that you can get at the dollar store. I cut a "Slot" on the top of it and made a little sign on my computer that just says "Enter to win a package of Pampered Chef products (Value more than $30)"
I will go back at the end of the month and take the "Leads" out and pick a winner.
Then you have some people (Leads) to call!
The winner will just get a package of products that I have purchased from the supply order (Worth $30 retail... but not $30 for us!)
But you could put whatever amount you want on your box.

I have one that I bought from Merrill but I didn't know if anyone would let me put it out.

Also, ask a local biz if you can put a lead box and some prize slips on their counter.

Thanks, Veevahchef - this is a great idea!

what type of biz do you take it to?? I was wondering too, what biz would let you do that..?

I have 2 Lead Boxes out at this time.
feather18 said:
what type of biz do you take it to?? I was wondering too, what biz would let you do that..?

They are both in the same little town less than 1 mile from each other. One is a small resturant (mainly take out) and the other is a second hand thrift type store. I have had the lead boxes out for about 1 month. I have just picked up slips and had about 30 total. I gave s small bar board away at 1 place. The other I haven't given a prize yet because it hasn't produce enough slips yet.

I have one cooking show and 1 catalog show going on that came from those leads.

I set myself a goal to purchase 4 more boxes and place those within the next 6 months.

cbord said:
They are both in the same little town less than 1 mile from each other. One is a small resturant (mainly take out) and the other is a second hand thrift type store. I have had the lead boxes out for about 1 month. I have just picked up slips and had about 30 total. I gave s small bar board away at 1 place. The other I haven't given a prize yet because it hasn't produce enough slips yet.

I have one cooking show and 1 catalog show going on that came from those leads.

I set myself a goal to purchase 4 more boxes and place those within the next 6 months.

Look for business that already have some kind of drawing bag or box in it already. I spotted a curves bag in the resturant and asked to put my box. T

Here's an update on my original post...

I have been sick and out of work for awhile now, so I have had the chance to think things over. I went back to the "why"..why do I have a PC business. When I first started just about a year ago, it was for fun. Something to do to get out of the house 2 times a month or so. Then it turned into money, not because I was making so much, but because along with my FT job, I had extra money that was to do with as I wanted, whatever that was. So that's my "why".

After I posted here, and read some of your replies, I decided to call my director and speak with her. We had a great conversation, and she seemed supportive. I told her I felt like I was starting at ground zero again, and that I was totally lost. After prioritizing some things, I got on the phone and made some calls. Left messages and spoke to one live person, but so far nothing.

I am planning on a open house at my own home in Oct/Nov, which I plan to do a no cooking demo, but have everything prepped and cooked so they can eat, chat and order (hopefully). My director siad she will give me all her new fall products to have on hand. I am planning on inviting just about everyone I know, and then somehow reach out to past hosts and guests of those shows.

Also am looking into doing some holiday craft shows/bazaars, and am waiting to hear back from several of the organizers.

I will be using my PWS as well, to send out emails. I want to push the chocolate show. I work with all women and they LOVE chocolate!

So that brings me to where I am now. I have bought some things from Merril, ordered my supplies for the new season and just have to purchase a few more things and I'll think I'll be back in the swing. I have also gone through these boards, and printed and saved lots of things I plan on using for the future.

Thanks to all who read and replied. I am so glad that I found this site when I first started. You guys really love what you do and it shows!!

Lisa

Lisa,

It's good to hear that you're giving PC another chance! Sounds like you've got a good game plan, too.

Now you are on the right track congratulations!!

Glad you'll be sticking around. I'm also glad you had a good talk with your director. There are some really horrible ones out there, but most directors really want to help you succeed. Best wishes!

Lisa,
You could also pamper local businesses. Bake up some yummy muffins or a coffee cake or something in our stoneware and take it to the business with a carafe of coffee and some OJ. Ask if you can leave a few catalogs in case someone is interested, and mention that if they want, they can have a catalog show - just pass around the catalog, collect orders and enjoy some great host benefits. If nothing else, it may give you a connection where you could ask to put up one of those lead boxes. :)Best of luck - I'm glad you decided to stick around. I was in a similar spot this past winter, and I ultimately decided to go completely inactive and re-sign under a different director. I'm very anxious to start up again in February, and I'm using my waiting time to soak up as many ideas as I can and make as many connections as I can. Sorry, I hijacked the msg. ;)

don't give upHi Lisa I am new to Chef Success but your post caught my eye. We all go thourgh slumps....I had a couple ideas....how about a Holiday Open House where you can invite past hosts, guests, friends, family and neighbors. Offer a mystery host prize where someone will walk away with the host benefits from your open house! You could also check with your local chamber about Holiday Fairs going on in your area....new faces can mean new business! As far as your Director, I agree you should touch base with her. If you haven't submitted anything since July than you have gone inactive and maybe she assumes that's what you intended. Most Directors are there to support you, I know I am with my team, maybe she just isn't aware that you want to reactivate and grow your business! :) Good luck to you

1. How can I overcome feeling burned out in my PC business?

Burnout is a common struggle for many consultants in the direct sales industry. To overcome this, it's important to take a step back and evaluate why you feel burned out. Are you taking on too much? Are you lacking support and motivation? Once you identify the root cause, you can make changes to prevent burnout. This could mean setting boundaries, finding a mentor or accountability partner, or taking a break from your business to recharge.

2. What can I do to refocus my efforts in my PC business?

It's easy to get distracted or lose sight of your goals in any business, including Pampered Chef. To refocus, start by revisiting your why - why did you become a consultant? What motivated you? Then, set specific, achievable goals for yourself. Create a plan to reach those goals and break it down into smaller, actionable steps. This will help you prioritize your efforts and stay on track.

3. How can I stay motivated and energized in my PC business?

Motivation and energy are crucial for success in any business. One way to stay motivated is to surround yourself with a positive and supportive community. Attend local and virtual events, connect with other consultants, and participate in team challenges. Additionally, remind yourself of your accomplishments and celebrate your successes, no matter how small they may seem.

4. What resources are available to help me succeed in my PC business?

Pampered Chef offers a plethora of resources to support consultants in their business. This includes training and development programs, marketing materials, and a consultant community forum. Additionally, reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice and support. Remember, you are not alone in your business.

5. How can I turn my struggling PC business around?

If your business is struggling, it's important to first identify the areas that need improvement. Are you consistently reaching out to potential customers? Are you utilizing social media and other marketing strategies effectively? Are you following up with your customers and providing excellent customer service? Once you pinpoint the areas that need work, create a plan to address them and stay consistent. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or seek guidance from your upline or fellow consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bearhall04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bearhall04
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • wcsis