• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique Churches - Cool Architecture

In summary, churches are often considered unique or cool due to their innovative design, use of materials, or incorporation of cultural or historical elements. Some common architectural styles seen in unique churches include Gothic, Baroque, Romanesque, and Renaissance. There are several online resources available to find a list of unique churches to visit, and many of these churches are still actively used for religious services. Some may also have gift shops where you can purchase souvenirs or gifts related to the church.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Check these out: http://mariusmotora.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/ten-10-most-unique-churches/

Those are really neat!

Those are so cool!!!!

I would LOVE to worship in The Rock Church, or the one built into the face of the rock cliff. The church in Colombia looks like something out of The Lord of The Rings!

Thanks for sharing Linda.

The Brazilian church is awe-inspiring. Thanks for sharing, Linda!

Number 11: The Annuciation Greek Orthodox Church in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin was one of Frank Lloyd Wright's last commissions - in fact, he died before groundbreaking. It may not look so futuristic and outrageous today, but in 1959, it was startling and controversial.

wholedistant.jpg

More photos of the church here. (There was a great deal of heartburn a few years ago when a cross was added to the roof, because the cross was not a part of Wright's original plan. Wright also designed the Marin County California Civic Center at the same time, and it uses similar design details, which both share with the http://www.racinecounty.com/golden/about.htm at the Johnson Wax headquarters. Wright and Sam Johnson had a good, albeit stormy, working relationship.)

idar-oberstein.de/tourismus.5.0.html

thanks KG, that's pretty interesting too.

Thanks for sharing! Very cool...:balloon:

The Japanese one looks like it's right out of a George Lucas film, doesn't it?

That's cool Ann! I bet it's gorgeous on the inside on a bright sunny day. (And, I can't believe they showed a picture of the turkish toilet! :yuck: which reminds me, I need to schedule my Chinese visa...)

Those are great Linda thanks for the post. I loved the Moscow one.

Related to Unique Churches - Cool Architecture

1. What makes a church considered "unique" or "cool" in terms of its architecture?

A church is often considered unique or cool due to its innovative design, use of materials, or incorporation of cultural or historical elements. Some churches may also stand out for their unusual shape or location.

2. Are there any particular architectural styles that are commonly seen in unique churches?

Yes, some of the most common architectural styles seen in unique churches include Gothic, Baroque, Romanesque, and Renaissance. However, many churches may also have a mix of different styles or completely unique designs.

3. Where can I find a list or guide of unique churches to visit?

There are several online resources available that list unique churches around the world, including travel websites and architectural publications. You can also check with local tourism offices or guidebooks for recommendations.

4. Are these unique churches still actively used for religious services?

Yes, many of these unique churches are still actively used for religious services by their respective denominations. However, some may also be open for public tours or events.

5. Can I purchase souvenirs or gifts related to these unique churches?

Some unique churches may have gift shops on site where you can purchase souvenirs or gifts. You can also check with the church's website or contact their administration to inquire about purchasing merchandise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ish
Replies
Views
nicki25
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies