• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding HWC Fundraisers: FAQs for First-Time Sellers

In summary, the host can receive exclusive host products, but they don't get the PHD or the booking benefit.
pcchris
Silver Member
This is my first HWC campaign. I started selling last August, so I have a few questions...even my upline didn't know this answer. When you have your host submit their show as a HWC fundraiser, do they still get the host benefits like they would from a regular cooking show? The flyer says that you should encourage your hosts to have their shows designated as HWC fundraisers. It says "the host can receive exclusive host products". Are these just the pink products, or do they still get their 1/2 price items, free stuff, etc.
Anyone know?

They can order the host only special and that's it, they don't even get the discount or past host discount, although I think if they had been a past host in the last year they can use that discount at the show.

The fundraiser money is in place of the free and discounted products. The host can get the exclusive host special. I believe the host doesn't get the PHD either. However, with HWC fundraisers, ACS can get up to 25% - not the normal 15%. Then, if you want to donate some of your commission, they can get even more!

I had told my son's teacher the first year she had a little in the teacher's lounge fundraiser that she would get 10% off her order but when I put her order in it didn't take it off so I just gave it to her out of my pocket instead, which reminds me I should get stuff to her now!

So, basically you have to find a host that has a giving heart and would want to donate all of her freebies to the ACS... well...I mean, give up her host benefits, and not get her PHD so the ACS would get a donation? Is that correct? Most people I know wan to have a show to get the free and discounted products. Hmmm...this is interesting. I'll have to see how that goes! Thanks for the info!

What you have to find is someone with ties to cancer and/or a Relay for Life team etc.

I know of quite a few people (friends/relatives) with ties to cancer...will be talking with them about this a little later...Ill have to make sure that I tell them the difference between a show and a fundraiser. will let you know what they think when I find out. Thanks again for all of your help, everyone.

Please note that the fine print on the HWC info on CC indicates that HWC fundraisers will NOT receive the booking benefit (the $3 per booking), because of the higher donation percentage.

I know that this is a long way off, but then how do you enter a HWC fundraiser in PP? I'm thinking that you enter it as a fundraiser, then maybe enter AMC, or HWC as organization...is that correct?? just want to make sure I know what I'm talking about..........thanks again for the help!

When the time comes...Information Systems at the Home Office will put something in P3 or PP, if it is still being used, so you can just simply click Help Whip Cancer as the Fundraiser. It makes it very simple.
Ann, thanks!
I didn't notice the booking benefit was gone. That is always good to know as I usually have both fundraisers and regular shows in May. This way if I pick up any bookings I will be sure NOT to put them on the fund raisers as this won't do anyone any good.

If you do a relay for life fundraiser and want the higher donation percentage--make sure that your team knows that the check will go directly to ACS from PC and their team will not be receiving credit for it. (most teams keep track of the money they raised and some compete for bragging rights.) I have a team that I am working with (hopefully) and we will not be doing the help whip cancer fundraiser, but instead a reg. fundraiser so that the check will go to relay for life C/O "susy chairperson". This way they can add it to their teams goal. Does that make sense?

ok, this probably sounds like a dumb question but I'm totally confused. You are all talking about HWC fundraisers and the host doesn't get any of the host benefits, but can I do regular kitchen shows and have the host still get their host benefits if they don't want a fundraiser? Does that make sense?

Yes, Becky, you're right. You can *always* have regular kitchen shows. Fundraisers are just something ELSE we can do "in addition to" or "instead of" regular shows.

Something I plan on doing for my HWC hosts is to order the HWC water bottles from Merrill and give them one of those as a thank you for hosting. That way they still get something and have something to remember the cause. Plus they are way cute :)

During May you can also have people donate to the HWC campaign like you do all year round for the RUFTH.

pcchris said:
So, basically you have to find a host that has a giving heart and would want to donate all of her freebies to the ACS... well...I mean, give up her host benefits, and not get her PHD so the ACS would get a donation? Is that correct? Most people I know wan to have a show to get the free and discounted products. Hmmm...this is interesting. I'll have to see how that goes! Thanks for the info!

I am going to do a fundraiser at my school. I am setting it up myself and everything. If you have a business you could do a "catalog" show and have it set up as a fundraiser.

During May you can also have people donate to the HWC campaign like you do all year round for the RUFTH.
How do we do this? Is there a special order form we get for these products? Do they just Round Up their order just like RFTH but it is for ACS? I am trying to put together an order form to use and I will add that if that is the case!! Thanks againg to everyone!!!
Leah

You can also just do a regular show so the chair person gets the specials, and then donate any/all of your commission towards the fundraiser, you would just enter it as a regular show catalog/or cooking and then just give the fundraiser X amt of money

Good luck,

hope that helps.

liz

Just to clarify...Ok if I am reading this correctly.... I have a dear friend that wants to do a hwc fundraiser. She has overcome breast cancer herself. DO the proceeds go to a cancer ward of her choice or directly to ACS? I am so confused. She went to a local are cancer center in her area and wants the proceeds to go there. Can they?

smarteez2 said:
Ok if I am reading this correctly.... I have a dear friend that wants to do a hwc fundraiser. She has overcome breast cancer herself. DO the proceeds go to a cancer ward of her choice or directly to ACS? I am so confused. She went to a local are cancer center in her area and wants the proceeds to go there. Can they?

I'm pretty sure that if she does the HWC special fundraiser it goes directly to ACS. She could do a normal fundraiser for the ward of her choice in may playing up the HWC products. This way money would go to both the ward and ACS but at a lower % as only HWC fundraisers are at the higher percentage.

Did that make sense?

I'm pretty sure that when people round up their order in May, the money still goes to America's Second Harvest. I think a few years ago they had it go to ACS - the rounded up change...but then they went back to making it strictly for Am. Sec. Harvest.

The chair person of a Fundraiser can get the Host Special...as a thank you for hosting.
The whole reason do fundraisers is for the cause...not for themselves. If they want free products, just don't make it a fundraiser, make it a regular show. They can still help raise $$ for ACS by encouraging people to buy the pink products... In this situation, it does both raise $$ for ACS ...AND gets them free products.

Oh...and I don't think she can choose where the money goes...if you mark it as HWC fundraiser...the money is going to ACS Breast Cancer Awareness Early Detection and Education program.

1. What is a HWC fundraiser?

A HWC fundraiser is a type of fundraiser offered by Pampered Chef, where sellers can raise money for their organization by selling selected products from the company's catalog.

2. How do I sign up for a HWC fundraiser?

To sign up for a HWC fundraiser, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to the company's customer service team. They will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary information and materials.

3. What percentage of sales goes towards the fundraiser?

For a HWC fundraiser, 15% of all sales goes towards the organization. This means that for every $100 in sales, $15 will be contributed to the fundraiser.

4. Can I choose which products to sell for the fundraiser?

Yes, you can choose up to 25 products from Pampered Chef's catalog to sell for your fundraiser. You can also work with your consultant to determine which products will be the most popular and profitable for your organization.

5. How long do HWC fundraisers typically last?

HWC fundraisers typically last for 2-3 weeks, depending on the organization's needs and goals. This gives enough time for sellers to reach out to potential buyers and for orders to be processed and delivered.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies