• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Undecided Whether to Do a Fall Open House

In summary, the conversation is about the person's decision to host an open house this year. They did one last year and it went well, but they are unsure if it's worth the effort this year. They consider doing it at the City Hall to avoid cleaning, but that would still require time for loading and unloading. They also mention doing a host appreciation event instead, and suggest a cookie swap show in November or early December. The other person suggests a phone-a-thon type event and a pick-up time for orders. They also mention making easier dishes, such as avocado salsa, and suggest trying something new like a cookie swap show. The conversation ends with both parties unsure of what to do.
jrstephens
I did one last year and it went good. I had about 5 -6 people come to it and had several outside orders I collected before hand. I cannot make myself decide to fool with it this year. A few people that would order or book from it have already booked for September and are already collecting orders. I just cannot decide if it would be worth the effort of having to clean up my house and have food out and all that goes along with it. I also have a show the night after I would want to do my OH on a Sunday afternoon.

I thought about doing it at my City Hall to not have to clean up so much but then in the time I would spend loading and unloading I could have my house spotless.

I just cannot make up my mind of whether to do it or not. It seems like for the past few months I have been running doing one thing or another and I don't know if I want to add "another."

I don't think I'm helpful. I used to do them, but I don't really WANT to this year either.I may wait a bit and do a big host appreciation in November or something? Of course, maybe I SHOULD do that now. I just don't really get bookings from them, just orders. They are going to book when they want and like to do it off of friends. Hmmm...I don't think I helped either of us! It is a lot of work, but I think just do less or EASIER things. I make a ton of stuff so I need to just do easier stuff. The Avocado Salsa is SUPER yummy. Good luck with your decision.You could do a phone-a-thon type thing instead so you don't have to do so much and then schedule a pick up time where you have food and such available.

Maybe you could do a Cookie Swap show in Nov. or early Dec. I always fill my calendar with these shows the last 2 weeks of Nov. and the first 2 weeks of Dec. I actually have had a couple people wondering when would be a good day for their cookie show this year. I also do one at my house. Sometimes it is a PC cookie show and people make purchases and sometime I do one as a Thank you and whoever wants to come, comes over and brings their cookies. Everyone that comes really seems to love these shows.

So do people order at them AND bring cookies to exchange?

nicki25 said:
Maybe you could do a Cookie Swap show in Nov. or early Dec. I always fill my calendar with these shows the last 2 weeks of Nov. and the first 2 weeks of Dec. I actually have had a couple people wondering when would be a good day for their cookie show this year. I also do one at my house. Sometimes it is a PC cookie show and people make purchases and sometime I do one as a Thank you and whoever wants to come, comes over and brings their cookies. Everyone that comes really seems to love these shows.

Cna you post more details of how this works? Sounds interesting and like something new to try. Even if I ever make a decision on the Open House.

Jules711 said:
I don't think I'm helpful. I used to do them, but I don't really WANT to this year either.

I may wait a bit and do a big host appreciation in November or something? Of course, maybe I SHOULD do that now. I just don't really get bookings from them, just orders. They are going to book when they want and like to do it off of friends.

Hmmm...I don't think I helped either of us! It is a lot of work, but I think just do less or EASIER things. I make a ton of stuff so I need to just do easier stuff. The Avocado Salsa is SUPER yummy. Good luck with your decision.

You could do a phone-a-thon type thing instead so you don't have to do so much and then schedule a pick up time where you have food and such available.

You're right you didn't help!!! You sound just like me!:angel:

nicki25 said:

OK, we need all the details, please!!!:angel:

This sounds like a lot of fun!!:D

Paula

I give permission for the "hi-jack" of my thread to proceed...................................................ROFLMBO!!!!!!!:D

HIJACK NOW IN PROCESS!:balloon:

Attachments

• cookie swap outline.doc
    35 KB · Views: 305
  • cookie swap invitation.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Cookie Swap flyer.doc
    33 KB · Views: 284
I make my own invitations for these shows. So it contains all the normal info. plus it says that everyone needs to bring 2 dozen cookies and a container to take their cookies home in. I have been doing these for about 3 years now and every year I change up the recipes that we do at the show and what ingredients the host needs to buy. I normally have 4 different kinds of cookies/candy in which we will make during the show. Once eveyone is there we start the show by going over the specials for the month and next couple months and have everyone introduce themselves.
I get to the show about an hour early and the only bad things about these shows is how many products I have to take with me. But anyway, we set up 4 different stations. At each station is all the product and ingredients for a certain kind of cookie or candy. Once we have gone over all the introductions and stuff I split the people up into 4 groups and send them to one of 4 stations. I then go around and tell each group what they are doing and what they are making. Then I just keep going around to all the different groups and talking about products they are using and answer any questions that they have. Also, I bring 2 dozen already made sugar cookies (made with the cookie press) with me and have some people ice them and put sprinkles on them (this is a great thing for kids to do if anyone brings any).
Once everyone is done with their cookies/candy they normally help clean stuff up and into the kitchen (most people don't have enough room in their kitchens to do all 4 groups there so we just put them in living rooms, dining rooms, etc.). Then they typically go back to their seats and start looking at the catalog. Depending on the host, some will put out something to eat and they can also snack then.
Oh, I forgot to tell you at the beginning before I start everyone making their cookies/candy I tell them they are not allowed to eat any cookies/candy until they have theirs in their containers to take home. If they eat the cookies early then there will be none to swap.
Once, all the cookies are out of the oven or the candy is out of the freezer, the host and I set all the cookies/candy up on 1 or more tables (including the ones that everyone brought with them). I have the host go first and take about 3 dozen. Then let everyone else go and take 3 dozen. Once everyone has their 3 dozen then if there are cookies/candy left everyone goes again to get a dozen more. Normally people take home 4-5 dozen cookies. I don't take any home with me. I collect orders whenever people have them ready and everyone has a great time. These shows take a little longer than my normally shows but like I said people get excited about them.
I think most of the time these shows tend to be $400-500. Sometimes more especially if it is in November and people can get the product back in time to make more cookies before Christmas. I have a lot of fun doing them too.:)

Wow Nicki - yours is totally different from what I do! I like the hands on approach of yours though!

With mine - they all bring their favorite Holiday Cookie (1-2 dozen, depending on how many will be there) and then I do a demo of a very simple cookie or candy.

I have everyone explain their cookie - why it's a favorite, how they make it, etc....and talk about which PC tools would be great for making that recipe.

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow Nicki - yours is totally different from what I do! I like the hands on approach of yours though!

With mine - they all bring their favorite Holiday Cookie (1-2 dozen, depending on how many will be there) and then I do a demo of a very simple cookie or candy.

I have everyone explain their cookie - why it's a favorite, how they make it, etc....and talk about which PC tools would be great for making that recipe.

That's a great idea and it would take a lot less time. Maybe I will try that this year. I am going to have to start thinking about what cookie/candy to do. When I was at conference I got one of the surprise packs and it had a old cookie cookbook in it. I am hoping to get a couple good recipes from that.

1. What is a Fall Open House?

A Fall Open House is an event hosted by Pampered Chef consultants during the fall season. It is a fun and interactive way for customers to sample new products, learn new recipes, and shop for holiday gifts.

2. When is the best time to host a Fall Open House?

The best time to host a Fall Open House is typically in late September or early October. This allows customers to start planning for the upcoming holiday season and gives them plenty of time to place orders for gifts or party supplies.

3. How do I invite people to my Fall Open House?

There are a few different ways to invite people to your Fall Open House. You can send out physical invitations through the mail, create a Facebook event, or simply reach out to friends and family through phone calls or text messages.

4. What can I expect at a Fall Open House?

At a Fall Open House, you can expect to see and sample some of our newest products, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and have the opportunity to shop for gifts or kitchen essentials. There may also be special offers or discounts available exclusively at the event.

5. Do I need to purchase anything at the Fall Open House?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at the Fall Open House. It is simply a fun and informative event for you to attend and learn more about Pampered Chef products. However, if you do find something you love, you are welcome to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikki70563
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nikki70563
  • floccies
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • esavvymom