• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uh Oh... Stone Put in Dish Water.

In summary, the person's neighbor accidentally put their stoneware pans in dish water with soap, causing concern for the potential damage to the seasoned surface. However, using a small amount of soap on stoneware is not harmful, and can even be necessary for removing tough residue. It is important to avoid soaking stoneware in soapy water to prevent any potential soapy taste in future foods.
nikkies
My neighbor was helping me this morning and stuck my large bar pan and muffin pan in the dish water (had soap in it.) I don't think it was there long and only partially submerged.

What should I do to it???

I was pretty upset about it considering the night before she asked me for my dish soap when she was cleaning my DCB and I told her that you NEVER clean the stoneware with soap. I appreciate the help but if you're going to destroy my things, are you really helping? :(

I wouldn't be too worried. The reason for not using soap is because the soap adheres to he oils on the surface of the stone that causes the seasoning, causing your foods to taste soapy. Just putting it in dish water probably won't even cause that. If you're really concerned, wash it with a baking soda paste and/or line it with crescent roll dough and bake (discarding the results).

I use soap (sparingly) on my stones from time to time. My bar pans are so well seasoned, that I HAVE to after bacon because hot water alone doesn't get the grease off. I also use it on the outside of my DCB to make the glazed part pretty, and some seems to always go into the inside. No harm done. Nothing I've ever had comes out soapy.

Me too! I only had an issue with one stone from a customer who had some burnt on muffins left in her muffin pan and she soaked it for a couple of hours in dish water with soap. It did not smell like the dish soap but a few days later she baked cupcakes without the papers. She sent them school the next day and the kids all were put off the cupcakes. They tasted like Dawn Dish Soap. So much so, her son came home crying and told her exactly that. Guess which dish soap she used? DAWN! A quick swipe will not be an issue. Just do not soak them!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your stoneware being put in the dishwater with soap. I understand how frustrating that can be, especially since you had specifically told your neighbor not to use soap on the stoneware. First, I would recommend removing the stoneware from the dishwater and rinsing it thoroughly with warm water. Then, dry it off with a clean towel and let it air dry completely before using it again. The soap may have left a residue, so it's important to make sure it's completely rinsed off. If you notice any damage or discoloration to the stoneware, you can try using a baking soda paste (mix baking soda with water until it forms a paste) and gently scrubbing the affected area. This can help remove any soap residue or stains. I completely understand your frustration and I would suggest having a conversation with your neighbor about the proper care for stoneware. It's important to educate others on how to properly care for our products to ensure their longevity. I hope this helps and your stoneware is back to its original state soon. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. Take care!

What should I do if a stone accidentally gets put in my dish water?

If a stone accidentally gets put in your dish water, first remove the stone and inspect your dishes for any scratches. If there are scratches, hand wash those dishes to prevent further damage. Then, drain the dish water and refill with clean water before continuing to wash your dishes.

Can I still use my dish water if a stone has been accidentally placed in it?

No, you should not continue using the dish water if a stone has been accidentally placed in it. The stone may have caused scratches on your dishes, and the dish water could also be contaminated. It is best to drain the water and refill with clean water before continuing to wash your dishes.

What should I do if I accidentally wash dishes with a stone in the dish water?

If you accidentally wash dishes with a stone in the dish water, inspect the dishes for scratches. Hand wash any dishes that have scratches to prevent further damage. Then, drain the dish water and refill with clean water before continuing to wash your dishes.

How can I prevent stones from getting in my dish water?

To prevent stones from getting in your dish water, always check your sink for any debris or objects before filling it with water. Also, be mindful of any stones or rocks that may have fallen into your sink while washing fruits or vegetables.

Are there any special cleaning instructions for stones used in Pampered Chef products?

Yes, it is important to hand wash and dry your Pampered Chef stones before and after use. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the stones, as this can damage the surface. It is also recommended to store the stones in a dry place to prevent any buildup of bacteria.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• feather18
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
CrockedUp
  • BethanyN
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • BeckyC5830