• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ughh....i Need to Block Myself From E-Bay!

If Ebay were brought up at my shows (so far it hasn't), that is an opportunity to promote our great Guarantee, and where to store the sales receipt :)I think it's a good idea to talk about the warranty at your shows! That's always a big draw for people.
BethCooks4U said:
I was told by Susie Lite that what we do with our products is up to us as long as we don't break the restrictions PC has stated and we signed in our agreement. If we want to sell our stuff at a yard sale or to each other or to friends/family that is fine. We can't sell for more than retail or through ebay type places. And the guarantee is void.

As consultants we agree to PC's terms. That is different then purchasing a car or other items. I don't know if they still do it but many auto makers used to give their employees a deep discount and they had restrictions on that too. As a nurse working for an agency I could not join the staff of a place they placed me within 6 months of working there for the agency. Most companies have clauses to protect themselves.

Having worked for a major auto company in the past and buying a vehicle under discount, the employee's name HAD to remain on the title for 6 months. That was their restriction. However, the discount was also extended to immediately family and also sisters and brothers and BILS and SILS too.

What is a pain and hard to police is hosts who frequently host shows, have their friends buy stuff and take their free and half-priced stuff on E-bay. I'm SURE this truly happens where the consultant doesn't even know. Hard to police those people except refusing to sell to that customer and voiding their host benefits. Those people will argue that they don't have an agreement.

The people mentioned above are who can ruin a good host program for all of us so I hope there aren't too many!!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlovetocookandeat

This person is selling both PC & Tupperware, and lots of it!

edit - just happened to find this when I was looking for an original price on some retired items, which I am donating to a fundraiser

Last edited:
I just can't take this............I am struggling to get my 6th show on the calendar for January and these folks are capitalizing on something they KNOW is wrong! I guess we can only pray that their consciences kick in and instead of following the path of money the easy way, they will do what is right.

My AD's former Director was one of those people that would buy the $350 (former amount a Director had to "sell" in order to get overrides). We can't prove mthat she was an EBay seller, but we are pretty sure she was....she didn't want to give up a $2000 a month paycheck for doing nothing remotely close to what PC asks of us.....it really is sad that people woud rather cheat than do it right, but it is a way of life. I think it comes from being a society that is big on instant gratification....we want more than what we have and there are others that are willing to help us get it, the worng way!

Off the soapbox now!

<h2>1. Why do I feel the need to block myself from eBay?</h2><p>It's common for people to feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the constant temptation of online shopping, especially on a platform like eBay where there are endless items to choose from. It's important to recognize when your shopping habits are becoming unhealthy and take steps to control them.</p><h2>2. How can I block myself from eBay?</h2><p>There are a few options for blocking yourself from eBay. You can use browser extensions or apps that block access to certain websites, set up parental controls on your device, or even ask someone you trust to change your eBay password and not tell you.</p><h2>3. Will blocking myself from eBay affect my job at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>No, blocking yourself from eBay should not have any impact on your job at Pampered Chef. It's important to prioritize your work responsibilities and not let online shopping interfere with your job performance.</p><h2>4. How do I resist the urge to shop on eBay?</h2><p>One way to resist the urge to shop on eBay is to find a replacement activity or hobby that you enjoy. This could be something like cooking, exercising, or spending time with loved ones. You can also try setting a budget for yourself and sticking to it, or only allowing yourself to shop on eBay during certain designated times.</p><h2>5. Are there any resources available to help me manage my online shopping habits?</h2><p>Yes, there are many resources available to help you manage your online shopping habits. You can join support groups or seek help from a therapist who specializes in addiction. There are also self-help books and online courses that can provide tips and strategies for controlling your online shopping impulses.</p>

Related to Ughh....i Need to Block Myself From E-Bay!

1. Why do I feel the need to block myself from eBay?

It's common for people to feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the constant temptation of online shopping, especially on a platform like eBay where there are endless items to choose from. It's important to recognize when your shopping habits are becoming unhealthy and take steps to control them.

2. How can I block myself from eBay?

There are a few options for blocking yourself from eBay. You can use browser extensions or apps that block access to certain websites, set up parental controls on your device, or even ask someone you trust to change your eBay password and not tell you.

3. Will blocking myself from eBay affect my job at Pampered Chef?

No, blocking yourself from eBay should not have any impact on your job at Pampered Chef. It's important to prioritize your work responsibilities and not let online shopping interfere with your job performance.

4. How do I resist the urge to shop on eBay?

One way to resist the urge to shop on eBay is to find a replacement activity or hobby that you enjoy. This could be something like cooking, exercising, or spending time with loved ones. You can also try setting a budget for yourself and sticking to it, or only allowing yourself to shop on eBay during certain designated times.

5. Are there any resources available to help me manage my online shopping habits?

Yes, there are many resources available to help you manage your online shopping habits. You can join support groups or seek help from a therapist who specializes in addiction. There are also self-help books and online courses that can provide tips and strategies for controlling your online shopping impulses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies