• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ughh....i Need to Block Myself From E-Bay!

If Ebay were brought up at my shows (so far it hasn't), that is an opportunity to promote our great Guarantee, and where to store the sales receipt :)I think it's a good idea to talk about the warranty at your shows! That's always a big draw for people.
SPVA said:
Some people are going to do all they can to find a way to get around the system. Earlier this year I purchased a knife off ebay (yes I know, no warranty, but the price was right and I could have never got it that low). Well, wouldnt ya know, it was during a Sell-A-Thon promotion and the person I bought it from was one of the top sellers, which of course she was rewarded with all the Spring products.

Wow. I am far from a heartless person, but this just leaves me cold. What a slap in the face to everyone who worked hard to achieve sell-a-thon levels the right way. Please share your information with HO.

:eek: So, with the ebayer that has all the Pampered Chef items, I emailed her to ask her about the warranty and if she had a warranty like Pampered Chef carries. Her response was:
yes, I can provide you with a receipt if you request it. thanks so much!!

Either a consulant or a friend of a consultant. I don't understand how she makes any money though. The item I questioned was the 8" Stainless Saute pan that only went for $12!

wadesgirl said:
:eek: So, with the ebayer that has all the Pampered Chef items, I emailed her to ask her about the warranty and if she had a warranty like Pampered Chef carries. Her response was:
yes, I can provide you with a receipt if you request it. thanks so much!!

Either a consulant or a friend of a consultant. I don't understand how she makes any money though. The item I questioned was the 8" Stainless Saute pan that only went for $12!

Interesting...I'm betting she is assuming the warranty is transferable which we know it isn't.

I'm sure she lost on the stainless saute pan but made it up on other things. If she got it with free product value or 60% off she still made something.

Oh why or why do people have to break what is CLEARLY in the policies and procedures? ...and poor Lacy is kicking butt to get a cruise!

janetupnorth said:
Interesting...I'm betting she is assuming the warranty is transferable which we know it isn't. I'm sure she lost on the stainless saute pan but made it up on other things. If she got it with free product value or 60% off she still made something. Oh why or why do people have to break what is CLEARLY in the policies and procedures? ...and poor Lacy is kicking butt to get a cruise!
I bet alot of her stuff is free product - and if she is director, she has doubles on alot of it......And you are right - It really makes us see red when we are all cheering Lacy on - and she is doing it the honorable way.

SPVA said:
I have the paypal receipt for it. I remember when the package arrived thinking that something was up. The name which was paid through paypal and the name on the return address were not the same.
You should report this person! You have documented proof, that she/he cannot dispute. This is almost worth a phone call directly to Richard - IMO! He can give you his fax number and you can fax the docs to him. If this person is a director or higher, they should not be slapped on the wrist, they should be banned! (and, have their name reported in the CN) This one really ticks me off....

I am in shock over the listings for lvkth4ever. NO WAY is she not a consultant or closely connected to one. Did someone report her?

Interesting idea about listing consultants names in CN :) I'm sure they couldn't do that for libel reasons but maybe a little blurb about how many consultants were warned or "cancelled" due to selling on ebay.

"This week we terminated 5 consultants for selling on ebay. Please refer to the contract that you signed when you became a consultant. When we say you are not to sell current or discontinued items on ebay....we mean it!"

Hee hee....or something like that!

GeorgiaPeach said:
"This week we terminated 5 consultants for selling on ebay. Please refer to the contract that you signed when you became a consultant. When we say you are not to sell current or discontinued items on ebay....we mean it!"

That sure would open a lot of eyes and dramatically reduct the amount of PC products on ebay...that's for sure! :D

Can you imagine the looks on people's faces the first time they did that? :eek:

I'm starting to get upset about this. I have serious issues with rule breakers like this! They not only give PC a bad name (see the thread about seriously po'd customer) but then when something does go wrong, they either don't have a receipt, or the receipt they do have is phony, which is another lie/rule violation. That just chaps my hide!!!

Grrrrrr

I am laughing here. this is worth another glass of wine. There is a large bar pan with 3 hours left until the auction is over. It is up to $37 with $10 shipping. It's almost sad for us - these people bidding are clueless. Dont they even think to check the main PC website to see if or how they can purchase products?

Cindycooks said:
I am laughing here. this is worth another glass of wine. There is a large bar pan with 3 hours left until the auction is over. It is up to $37 with $10 shipping. It's almost sad for us - these people bidding are clueless. Dont they even think to check the main PC website to see if or how they can purchase products?

Makes you want to send them a note and tell them how dumb they are huh????

Or make a listing that says:

How to buy Pampered Chef Products:

1. Go to The Pampered Chef, Ltd. and find a consultant.

The products you are buying on here are sometimes cheaper, but most often more expensive.

A consultant can help show you how to get items for FREE!!!!

...and, by buying on E-bay you DO NOT have a valid warranty!

Cindycooks said:
I dont think its a typo either because there is the starting price and then the "buy now" price. The seller would have had to enter it twice I would think. They're just crazy, thats it.

I emailed the seller earlier today asking about the price. I said that I purchased one years ago and only paid about $15, why the huge price difference. Here is her reply.

It's just the scarcity factor, and people who've had the older ones know the difference and will pay more for the older ones. It's especially hard to find the older ones that are new in the package and not used. I paid $130 for a set of three fire king tulip mixing bowls. Kind of crazy.

My two thoughts....if you are dumb enough to pay that kind of price without researching it through PC's corporate website, you deserve to be fleeced AND "people who've had the older ones know the difference"....I've had the older one and while I still use one in my own kitchen...I MUCH prefer the newer one!

Cindycooks said:

It does kill me that we have people at our shows complaining about prices and shipping but then someone online will pay more, sometimes alot more for the same item!

I have two pairs of old white kitchen shears, they are used but if anyone wants to pay me over $50, I'd probably sell them to you:D JK, they are my favorite!

What is "BIN"? Trying to find the info about lvkth4ever....e-mail me privately:
[email protected]

awww...and someone is selling their Director gift....:eek:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-Silk-Tie-Scarf-2007-Trivet-GIFTS_W0QQitemZ130185803212QQihZ003QQcategoryZ25467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Last edited:
~~What is "BIN"? ~~

BIN stand for "Buy It Now". If you agree to pay the BIN price, you get it and no bidding is required. But, once someone starts bidding, the BIN option is removed. HTH.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Tammy

jwpamp said:
What is "BIN"? Trying to find the info about lvkth4ever....e-mail me privately:
[email protected]

awww...and someone is selling their Director gift....:eek:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-Silk-Tie-Scarf-2007-Trivet-GIFTS_W0QQitemZ130185803212QQihZ003QQcategoryZ25467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Wow - so a director (or above) from Arlington VA is trying to unload "director only" stuff on Ebay - how sad is that?

I think they need to have a regional meeting for Directors in VA, and make wearing the scarf or tie mandatory.....(hee hee)

:(

That lady says she is no longer a consultant but would have had to JUST QUIT.

Sad, people are still waiting for their gift and she's selling it!

WOW!!! I got a call from home office about reselliing a sweatshrit that i bought from ebay. I had two days to take it off. I took it off as soon as I got the email. I was scared as heck to be banned from selling PC.
What are these people thinking? Do they think it's worth it? In the large quanities and special items they are selling I hope they get caught.

RaggedyAunt said:
~~What is "BIN"? ~~

BIN stand for "Buy It Now". If you agree to pay the BIN price, you get it and no bidding is required. But, once someone starts bidding, the BIN option is removed. HTH.
BIN may still be available after there are bids if there is a reserve price that has not been met. A reserve price is a hidden minimum that the seller wil accept, and is higher than the starting bid. Sellers use reserves to guarantee a minimum profit, but start the bidding lower to attract buyers.

Did someone already send the Director gift auction to Richard at HO? I can if it hasn't been sent already.

Not here Ann - go for it!

Oh, now I get it...Buy it Now....like this person who has the ENTIRE current catalog on "Buy it Now"??

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjmgsstuff

Oh, Ann, ALREADY SENT!! ;)

Sent. Is it sick that I get some sort of twisted pleasure from siccing HO on these people?

chefann said:
Sent.

Is it sick that I get some sort of twisted pleasure from siccing HO on these people?

Nope :)

You're just taking care of business. Your biz, my biz, our biz. Thanks for doing that! :chef:

jwpamp said:
Oh, now I get it...Buy it Now....like this person who has the ENTIRE current catalog on "Buy it Now"??

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjmgsstuff

Oh, Ann, ALREADY SENT!! ;)

Hmm...looks like someone took advantage of kit enhancement month to get some products and try and make money.

kisrae said:
WOW!!! I got a call from home office about reselliing a sweatshrit that i bought from ebay. I had two days to take it off. I took it off as soon as I got the email. I was scared as heck to be banned from selling PC.
What are these people thinking? Do they think it's worth it? In the large quanities and special items they are selling I hope they get caught.
What? I would have questioned that one further. I thought our no-ebay policy rules were for products? How can they control clothing items that are from a 3rd party vendor? Guess I'm gonna have to re-read that section. I've bought several clothing items on ebay. I think the items that were made prior to my becoming a consultant are much better quality - I think they were made by Town & Country.

I wish there was a way to send an email to each of the violators and let them know we are going to tattle on them. I hate feeling hopeless and stuff like this, where I know someone is doing wrong, and I can't get justice just makes me feel hopeless...

This is why I wish I were a Super Hero!

It's not worth sending a note to the violators. Unless it's a consultant-only item (like the heart dish before today), there's no sure way to tell it's a consultant. And even then, they could have been given the item by a consultant. Also, some sellers start nasty personal attacks. Several members here got caught up in some of that a few months back.

Yes, best to let HO handle it and give them a chance to get all the information we are seeing. Like Ann said, some will come back with NASTY personal attacks and those PURPOSELY violating the rules will try to cover themselves.

Back on kisrae's incident, did you mistakenly use a PC logo or text of any form that is copyrighted? That could explain the pulling of clothing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250201480053&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=130185803212&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

Here is another tie and scarf set for sale! Someone want to report this one too?

Sent. Thanks. There's a thread about how to report it. I think things will have a little more weight if they don't all come from the same person.

chefann said:
It's not worth sending a note to the violators. Unless it's a consultant-only item (like the heart dish before today), there's no sure way to tell it's a consultant. And even then, they could have been given the item by a consultant. Also, some sellers start nasty personal attacks. Several members here got caught up in some of that a few months back.
I know, I agree and that is what is so frustrating! Grrrrrr:mad:

Just wait until the end of this month and into next month, after Director packages and samples come out, but before they're available to customers. There will be a whole rash of sales of them on eBay.

I love the Director's gift! I would absolutely wear that scarf (or tie it on my ribbon tote).

I just wouldn't feel right buying it from someone though. I'd feel like I was cheating everytime I wore it. Next Christmas I will earn my own present.

Back on kisrae's incident, did you mistakenly use a PC logo or text of any form that is copyrighted? That could explain the pulling of clothing.

No I didn't use the PC Logo or texts. But I was told ANY item with the logo is copyrighted and I was in violation.

That's a load of hooey. Once a product has been purchased and is in the marketplace, people are free to resell as they wish. Cars have trademarked logos on them, and people are allowed to sell them used to other people without permission of the automaker.

I'm having a hard time with this one. Certainly they aren't considering clothing to be 'products' are they?

(page 19 Policies manual)
"Approved Vendors:
Do not give the logo, tagline or other trademarks to outside
vendors for use on items such as personal checks, business
cards, promotional merchandise, etc. The following licensed
merchandise vendor is the only authorized vendor to make
and sell business supplies and promotional items that feature
The Pampered Chef® logo and trademarks
.."

Unless they are using this one as a catch-all:

(page 22 Policies Manual)
"You may not sell any Pampered Chef® products — current
or discontinued — through online auction houses (like
eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered
Chef® Personal Web Site."

Last edited:
Linda, I think the second one didn't copy. Both items you posted are the same text.

chefann said:
Linda, I think the second one didn't copy. Both items you posted are the same text.
I fixed it.

If so, then technically they should be yanking the sale of supplies on E-bay too.

Marketplaces here are o.k. because it is a forum for consultants and it isn't an online auction...

Right. By "marketplace" in my previous post, I meant the global free market, not a specific marketplace.

chefann said:
Right. By "marketplace" in my previous post, I meant the global free market, not a specific marketplace.

Yes, I knew that, I was just making a comment for the newbies clarifying that here is o.k...not realizing you used the word marketplace before...totally unrelated.

:)

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - so a director (or above) from Arlington VA is trying to unload "director only" stuff on Ebay - how sad is that?

I think they need to have a regional meeting for Directors in VA, and make wearing the scarf or tie mandatory.....(hee hee)

I tell you what, Becky...I would attend that meeting and go blazin' in there with the scarf AND tie on! I disgusts me that a Director, you know, those of us that say YES to that agreement on top of the consultant agreement, woulod try to SELL a GIFT! I mean, come on...give it to a downline or something but SELL the d@mn thing.................:mad:

I love the idea of having a blurb in the CN about the statistics month to month for being kicked off eBay or how many contracts are terminated because they were selling PC there.

I remember a few years back that Target picked up Tuppwerwares line~the consultants for Tupperware went balistic! It is the same thing~sell a product in a market other than home shows, PWS's and the like and you demean what a DS company is all about!

off high horse now......http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_111.gif

chefann said:
Sent. Thanks. There's a thread about how to report it. I think things will have a little more weight if they don't all come from the same person.

I'm too lazy! I always forget to do other things, this would probably have been one of them.

On the ebay thing... I mentioned before out my host who bragged about getting the cookware cheap for her daughter on ebay and then I showed her she could get it cheaper by hosting a show. She even told me when we were getting ready for her show that she has one of the demin PC aprons that she bought on ebay. To me, items like that should be exclusive to consultants, it's something to be proud to own! I know I don't wear mine but I'm not about to go out and sell it!

eBay My World - jc(01)
Okay, maybe I'm just being spiteful or don't feel good. This person actually lists some products that say "will come directly from PC"! Why do people do this?

wadesgirl said:
eBay My World - jc(01)
Okay, maybe I'm just being spiteful or don't feel good. This person actually lists some products that say "will come directly from PC"! Why do people do this?
Our silicone bakeware includes a steel rim for stability...(lots of details)... Retails for $50.00
Definitely a consultant AND she's lying about the retail price!

wadesgirl said:
eBay My World - jc(01)
Turn her in! There may even be a rule on eBay itself about orders being fulfilled by a third party. So she may be in violation of eBay rules as well as HO rules.

chefann said:
That's a load of hooey. Once a product has been purchased and is in the marketplace, people are free to resell as they wish. Cars have trademarked logos on them, and people are allowed to sell them used to other people without permission of the automaker.
I was told by Susie Lite that what we do with our products is up to us as long as we don't break the restrictions PC has stated and we signed in our agreement. If we want to sell our stuff at a yard sale or to each other or to friends/family that is fine. We can't sell for more than retail or through ebay type places. And the guarantee is void.

As consultants we agree to PC's terms. That is different then purchasing a car or other items. I don't know if they still do it but many auto makers used to give their employees a deep discount and they had restrictions on that too. As a nurse working for an agency I could not join the staff of a place they placed me within 6 months of working there for the agency. Most companies have clauses to protect themselves.

chefann said:
Turn her in! There may even be a rule on eBay itself about orders being fulfilled by a third party. So she may be in violation of eBay rules as well as HO rules.

I can't right now, I'm at work and they kicked my off my personal email last summer :(

BethCooks4U said:
Definitely a consultant AND she's lying about the retail price!

That's what I was thinking when I saw $50 but don't have a catalog with me to see what price it really was.

BethCooks4U said:
I was told by Susie Lite that what we do with our products is up to us as long as we don't break the restrictions PC has stated and we signed in our agreement. If we want to sell our stuff at a yard sale or to each other or to friends/family that is fine. We can't sell for more than retail or through ebay type places. And the guarantee is void.

As consultants we agree to PC's terms. That is different then purchasing a car or other items. I don't know if they still do it but many auto makers used to give their employees a deep discount and they had restrictions on that too. As a nurse working for an agency I could not join the staff of a place they placed me within 6 months of working there for the agency. Most companies have clauses to protect themselves.
Right. My comment above was about the situation with the logo wear. The policies document says that we may not sell product online. The only thing it mentions about logo wear is that the only vendor is Merrill. As far as I'm concerned, reselling an item that was produced by an authorized vendor should be allowed. But that's my opinion, and may not agree with the intended policy.

<h2>1. Why do I feel the need to block myself from eBay?</h2><p>It's common for people to feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the constant temptation of online shopping, especially on a platform like eBay where there are endless items to choose from. It's important to recognize when your shopping habits are becoming unhealthy and take steps to control them.</p><h2>2. How can I block myself from eBay?</h2><p>There are a few options for blocking yourself from eBay. You can use browser extensions or apps that block access to certain websites, set up parental controls on your device, or even ask someone you trust to change your eBay password and not tell you.</p><h2>3. Will blocking myself from eBay affect my job at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>No, blocking yourself from eBay should not have any impact on your job at Pampered Chef. It's important to prioritize your work responsibilities and not let online shopping interfere with your job performance.</p><h2>4. How do I resist the urge to shop on eBay?</h2><p>One way to resist the urge to shop on eBay is to find a replacement activity or hobby that you enjoy. This could be something like cooking, exercising, or spending time with loved ones. You can also try setting a budget for yourself and sticking to it, or only allowing yourself to shop on eBay during certain designated times.</p><h2>5. Are there any resources available to help me manage my online shopping habits?</h2><p>Yes, there are many resources available to help you manage your online shopping habits. You can join support groups or seek help from a therapist who specializes in addiction. There are also self-help books and online courses that can provide tips and strategies for controlling your online shopping impulses.</p>

Related to Ughh....i Need to Block Myself From E-Bay!

1. Why do I feel the need to block myself from eBay?

It's common for people to feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the constant temptation of online shopping, especially on a platform like eBay where there are endless items to choose from. It's important to recognize when your shopping habits are becoming unhealthy and take steps to control them.

2. How can I block myself from eBay?

There are a few options for blocking yourself from eBay. You can use browser extensions or apps that block access to certain websites, set up parental controls on your device, or even ask someone you trust to change your eBay password and not tell you.

3. Will blocking myself from eBay affect my job at Pampered Chef?

No, blocking yourself from eBay should not have any impact on your job at Pampered Chef. It's important to prioritize your work responsibilities and not let online shopping interfere with your job performance.

4. How do I resist the urge to shop on eBay?

One way to resist the urge to shop on eBay is to find a replacement activity or hobby that you enjoy. This could be something like cooking, exercising, or spending time with loved ones. You can also try setting a budget for yourself and sticking to it, or only allowing yourself to shop on eBay during certain designated times.

5. Are there any resources available to help me manage my online shopping habits?

Yes, there are many resources available to help you manage your online shopping habits. You can join support groups or seek help from a therapist who specializes in addiction. There are also self-help books and online courses that can provide tips and strategies for controlling your online shopping impulses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies