• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ughh....i Need to Block Myself From E-Bay!

If Ebay were brought up at my shows (so far it hasn't), that is an opportunity to promote our great Guarantee, and where to store the sales receipt :)I think it's a good idea to talk about the warranty at your shows! That's always a big draw for people.
jwpamp
:grumpy: I get soooo frustrated!!

http://stores.ebay.com/Pamper-World

I am with you Janice....I have more items in my basement tahn I care to admit, but how could you screw people over by selling our products on-line rather than at a show AND by cheating them out of their warranty???? I hope HO discovers her if she is a consultant!

Just report Ms. LMMeyer to Richard Laiche to handle...

I'm actually betting she is a host...

Well, I figure since she's changed her UserID recently that she was already caught...sheesssh!!

These people just baffle me (if they are current active consultants anyway)!

Did you report her to Richard yet?

janetupnorth said:

I haven't reported her yet...how do you know her name? That's awesome!

You don't have to have her name, just send him the auction numbers - if you can take a screen shot and send it that's even better.

could google it to see u-tube videos---looks like she could be brendens mom in the video----Brenden's Birthday

I dont think they are all consultants. I think they are buying from consultants - the consultants get the benefits of a sale - and then the ebay person in turn put the item on ebay and marks up the price. The consultant has found a way to get around the system. It's ashame for us that try so hard.

Last edited:
Cindycooks said:
I dont think they are all consultants. I think they are buying from consultants - the consultants get the benefits of a sale - and then the ebay person in turn put the item on ebay and marks up the price. The consultant has found a way to get around the system. It's ashame for us that try so hard.
Yes, it would be a shame if the actual consultant knowingly sells to a person who will then turn around and sell back on Ebay! What great teamwork:thumbdown: :grumpy: !

heat123 said:
Yes, it would be a shame if the actual consultant knowingly sells to a person who will then turn around and sell back on Ebay! What great teamwork:thumbdown: :grumpy: !
How else could she have THAT much stock?!

She's either a consultant or working closely with one. Read the description of the scrapers. It says "available in white or cranberry." And a $10 minimum shipping charge? What you wanna bet that anything ordered from this shop is somehow direct-shipped from HO?

chefann said:
She's either a consultant or working closely with one. Read the description of the scrapers. It says "available in white or cranberry." And a $10 minimum shipping charge? What you wanna bet that anything ordered from this shop is somehow direct-shipped from HO?

how could that be? Sorry when it comes to being dishonest I'm a little slow...which I've heard is a good thing. :)

Before I became a consultant I purchased a stone from eBay. It was shipped from HO. All someone has to do is use the ship to info from eBay as the customer information and submit an order through PP/P3. Of course, the seller is losing money if they're submitting a PP order, since the prices in this shop appear (at first glance) to be retail, and eBay fees for shops are outrageous.

I got her name from her previous E-bay ID, and yes, when googled, I suspect she may be the same user as on You Tube with the little boy.

But, HO can investigate those details themselves, just report the user and/or auction IDs

jwpamp said:
:grumpy: I get soooo frustrated!!

http://stores.ebay.com/Pamper-World

Try not to let it frustrate you. :thumbup:

My thought (may be wrong here...:won't be the first time :eek: is that people looking for bargains/lowest price on Ebay might not be the persons who would host or attend a party even if invited.

But if someone told me about the great deal on PC at Ebay, I'd invite them to host a party to get PC for FREE! No? Then tell about my PWS open 24/7 with newest products and perhaps instruct them how to reach the Outlet on my PWS.

IF Ebay were brought up at my shows (so far it hasn't), that is an opportunity to promote our great Guarantee, and where to store the sales receipt :)

Off topic here...well, similar situation with a very unpleasant person telling everyone to 'buy a tile at Home Supply Super Store".

An opportunity to talk about lead free, made in USA, and the GUARANTEE :)

Prosperous New Year to us all,

there is always someone at my shows that has either bought from Ebay or knows someone that has..........my response is always this:
"I am really sorry that you wasted your money since you won't have the wonderful warranty that PC offers...that is part of what you pay for when you order directly from your consultant"

this usually let's them know not to talk about it anymore and it tells everyone about the warranty!

probably how that----woman with the gen 2 piece---ordered and has no receipt---no luck

I had a customer who booked a party who bragged about the price she got for her daughter's cookware on ebay. How she was hoping noone else would bid higher, her daughter now has better cookware than she does, blah, blah, blah. Until I showed her what the current special was (the cookware), then she shut up and booked a party to get the cookware for even cheaper, and with a warranty!!

MORFIA said:
probably how that----woman with the gen 2 piece---ordered and has no receipt---no luck
Nahhh, she doesn't keep her receipts because she is a RENTER- she rents her clothing, and cookware, and other items, and when they no longer suit her, she returns them...no matter how much time has passed. So in essense she rents her stuff- she buys it, uses it up, and returns it for new or cash.

I say she tossed the receipt because she didn't think that she would need it, and if she did, she would do what she always does...throw a fit until someone shoves a cookie back in her greedy little fist.

jwpamp said:
Well, I figure since she's changed her UserID recently that she was already caught...sheesssh!!

I think she changed it again. It says it was changed in the last 30 days. I don't know how to use E-Bay which is probably a good thing... DH likes to buy lots of stuff from there and it drives me nuts. :)

I don't think she changed it because she was caught, I think she changed it to suite the nature of her market.

By the way, did anyone report this to Richard yet? If not, I am doing so now...

Janet, who is Richard, and how would we go about reporting something like this? I'm merely curious... like I said, I don't know how to use E-bay :)

wadesgirl said:
I had a customer who booked a party who bragged about the price she got for her daughter's cookware on ebay. How she was hoping noone else would bid higher, her daughter now has better cookware than she does, blah, blah, blah. Until I showed her what the current special was (the cookware), then she shut up and booked a party to get the cookware for even cheaper, and with a warranty!!

this just makes my heart swell!!!!!!!!!!!:chef:

I wd like to rent my trip to Leadership and get the 700---back---lol

Yes, I think I shall "rent" a cruise. Hmmmmm.....

Richard Laiche is in the legal department at HO. I just e-mailed him the links to her e-bay store and a past listing on cookware. Gave him her name and location as far as I can tell: LMMeyer Norfolk, NE.

They will handle the rest of the research and give a warning or appropriate punishment if they don't comply with policy and are a consultant (which she either is or a VERY frequent host by her items and listings).

Kacey - this is what I sent to him. HO probably has a VERO account among other things. VERO is Ebay's accounts for protecting intellectual property. I have one for work. If anyone uses our website or catalog images or text, I can report their listing and Ebay will remove it in hours for me. HO I'm sure has the same thing. Depending on how her listings read, they can be removed for copying text. She takes her own pictures so no violation there. But, if she is a consultant, she is violating her agreement with PC and they will deal with it that way. Usually a warning first since most people don't even read our policies and procedures.

Richard -

This was pointed out to me by a fellow consultant this weekend: http://stores.ebay.com/Pamper-World

As far as I can tell from past userids and other information out on the www, she is located in Norfolk, NE, her name is L.M. Meyer and she is either a consultant or a host from the items she has.

Here is a cookware sale, right after our big special in September: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110171492028

Thanks in advance for your help and keeping things fair for the rest of us!

Have a great New Year!

dianevill said:
Yes, I think I shall "rent" a cruise. Hmmmmm.....

Diane, you and Morfia are too funny! I laughed when I read your posts. :)

Thanks Ann...I was going to seach for that earlier but got distracted. :)

Thanks Ann. Since I don't go on Ebay, I won't have to worry about that, but it is very helpful info to have in my arsenal just in case. Rule breakers chap my hide!

janetupnorth said:

Uh oh! My daughter used to be penpals with another consultant's daughter (we had hooked up on another board about a year ago). That consultant's name was the same as above... I just checked my daughter's email address book to be sure. Different state but they did mention they were moving and then we lost contact. I'm praying for her sake that it's not....stupid people!

Last edited:
Some people are going to do all they can to find a way to get around the system. Earlier this year I purchased a knife off ebay (yes I know, no warranty, but the price was right and I could have never got it that low). Well, wouldnt ya know, it was during a Sell-A-Thon promotion and the person I bought it from was one of the top sellers, which of course she was rewarded with all the Spring products.

SPVA said:
Some people are going to do all they can to find a way to get around the system. Earlier this year I purchased a knife off ebay (yes I know, no warranty, but the price was right and I could have never got it that low). Well, wouldnt ya know, it was during a Sell-A-Thon promotion and the person I bought it from was one of the top sellers, which of course she was rewarded with all the Spring products.

Do you have documented proof of this? If so, then I think you need to turn it in to HO!!!

I'm a realist (not a cynic!) and I can't help but question some of the #'s I see turned in for highest sales....this proves my suspicions are probably true.

I have the paypal receipt for it. I remember when the package arrived thinking that something was up. The name which was paid through paypal and the name on the return address were not the same.

I posted about this store last week
http://stores.ebay.com/every-moms-needs-pampered-chef
I never got a chance to report it but apparently someone did, there is nothing in the store!

I was bored and I like to search retired items sometimes on Ebay just to see what is on there. Can you believe the price for the white kitchen shears????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-KITCHEN-SHEARS-1075-Retired-NEW_W0QQitemZ160193783149QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a good one for ya. Sure sounds like a consultant to me offering two of most every item at BIN. Check out feedback, apparently this seller does not like to respond to emails. Sold over 500 products in 30 days.

Seller.. lvkth4ever

SPVA said:
I have the paypal receipt for it. I remember when the package arrived thinking that something was up. The name which was paid through paypal and the name on the return address were not the same.

Then follow Ann's links and consider reporting her. A top seller **should** know better. I used to have a twinge of sympathy for new people but I rest assured in the fact that HO will give those people fair warning and a shot before ending their agreement. Those who blatantly violate the rules need to be caught. What are we teaching our kids nowadays?

Anyone hear the recent report about the 6-7 year old girl entering a contest for Hannah Montana tickets and saying her father died in Iraq when she didn't...that screams all over of mom letting her or putting her up to it. I feel sorry for that girl!

SPVA said:
Here's a good one for ya. Sure sounds like a consultant to me offering two of most every item at BIN. Check out feedback, apparently this seller does not like to respond to emails. Sold over 500 products in 30 days.

Seller.. lvkth4ever

Another one for Richard - send him both your instances.

I listed one pampered chef item on ebay a few weeks ago. This was something that I earned years ago but anyway I wanted to see what it would do. It was listed less than a day and Ebay pulled it and emailed me that the company told them it was in violation of their copy rights... I never heard from the company, thank goodness but was surprised that I had one thing that was not even in the book anymore and there are complete stores still selling.

Does it do any good to notify Ebay that it is a violation, or does that have to come from HO?

Usually I just roll my eyes, and let HO deal with it, but this most recent one from seller lvkth4ever really got to me for some reason. Maybe because I worked so hard to have a good Nov. & Dec., and I see how he/she had probably Thousands of dollars in orders, without doing the work - and MUST know that it's against policy!

crissy11 said:
I listed one pampered chef item on ebay a few weeks ago. This was something that I earned years ago but anyway I wanted to see what it would do. It was listed less than a day and Ebay pulled it and emailed me that the company told them it was in violation of their copy rights... I never heard from the company, thank goodness but was surprised that I had one thing that was not even in the book anymore and there are complete stores still selling.

That would have come from the VERO account HO probably has.

Any imagery or text taken from their websites or other things and used on E-bay can be yanked immediately, but ones like this are harder to catch and shut down because they take their own pictures.

You also probably had enough key words or something that they found you right away.

SPVA said:

Seller.. lvkth4ever

Wow... some of that feedback is downright scathing. Looks like they had a few broken stones along the way too...

Why don't folks just do things legitimately? Ugh

That has GOT to be a typo! Or the seller is just stupid! Surely that's why there are zero bids!

finley1991 said:
That has GOT to be a typo! Or the seller is just stupid! Surely that's why there are zero bids!

I think the seller is trying to make money because she thinks the discontinued item is in high demand.

I dont think its a typo either because there is the starting price and then the "buy now" price. The seller would have had to enter it twice I would think. They're just crazy, thats it.

<h2>1. Why do I feel the need to block myself from eBay?</h2><p>It's common for people to feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the constant temptation of online shopping, especially on a platform like eBay where there are endless items to choose from. It's important to recognize when your shopping habits are becoming unhealthy and take steps to control them.</p><h2>2. How can I block myself from eBay?</h2><p>There are a few options for blocking yourself from eBay. You can use browser extensions or apps that block access to certain websites, set up parental controls on your device, or even ask someone you trust to change your eBay password and not tell you.</p><h2>3. Will blocking myself from eBay affect my job at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>No, blocking yourself from eBay should not have any impact on your job at Pampered Chef. It's important to prioritize your work responsibilities and not let online shopping interfere with your job performance.</p><h2>4. How do I resist the urge to shop on eBay?</h2><p>One way to resist the urge to shop on eBay is to find a replacement activity or hobby that you enjoy. This could be something like cooking, exercising, or spending time with loved ones. You can also try setting a budget for yourself and sticking to it, or only allowing yourself to shop on eBay during certain designated times.</p><h2>5. Are there any resources available to help me manage my online shopping habits?</h2><p>Yes, there are many resources available to help you manage your online shopping habits. You can join support groups or seek help from a therapist who specializes in addiction. There are also self-help books and online courses that can provide tips and strategies for controlling your online shopping impulses.</p>

Related to Ughh....i Need to Block Myself From E-Bay!

1. Why do I feel the need to block myself from eBay?

It's common for people to feel frustrated and overwhelmed by the constant temptation of online shopping, especially on a platform like eBay where there are endless items to choose from. It's important to recognize when your shopping habits are becoming unhealthy and take steps to control them.

2. How can I block myself from eBay?

There are a few options for blocking yourself from eBay. You can use browser extensions or apps that block access to certain websites, set up parental controls on your device, or even ask someone you trust to change your eBay password and not tell you.

3. Will blocking myself from eBay affect my job at Pampered Chef?

No, blocking yourself from eBay should not have any impact on your job at Pampered Chef. It's important to prioritize your work responsibilities and not let online shopping interfere with your job performance.

4. How do I resist the urge to shop on eBay?

One way to resist the urge to shop on eBay is to find a replacement activity or hobby that you enjoy. This could be something like cooking, exercising, or spending time with loved ones. You can also try setting a budget for yourself and sticking to it, or only allowing yourself to shop on eBay during certain designated times.

5. Are there any resources available to help me manage my online shopping habits?

Yes, there are many resources available to help you manage your online shopping habits. You can join support groups or seek help from a therapist who specializes in addiction. There are also self-help books and online courses that can provide tips and strategies for controlling your online shopping impulses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies