• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh, Still Have to Be a Mom When I'm Sick...

In summary, Holly is feeling poorly due to allergies and asthma and her husband is worried about her if she has any symptoms of Swine Flu. Paulette relays her own story of a difficult weekend, from feeling sick to dealing with
BlessedWifeMommy
Okay so I'm sitting on the couch felling crummy. I have a sore throat and headache.

The worst part is I feel like taking a nap (eventhough it is only 8:52 am here) and I can't.

So I'm on here passing time!

Awwww.. I hope you feel better! It really stinks to be sick and still have to take care of others. Not 100% the same situation but I've been really badly bothered by seasonal allergies lately and I've had several family members in and out of the hospital. I've sat by more than one bedside just wishing I could sleep but actually having to listen to the doctors and nurses and take notes so we don't miss anything.

Thanks, I can relate. I hope you don't catch anything in the hospitials.

Oh and my hubby said if I start having a fever, or any other Swine Flu symtoms to let him know. I think it is funny he media has us all concerned.

I have a event tomorrow night I have to go to, so hopefully I'm better soon.

Well if it makes you feel better my allergies and asthma have bee the worst ever since last friday. My DH works 12 hr shifts fri, sat & sun. Last Sat was my B-day and I felt like crap, couldnt breath and was coughing up... well we won't discuss that... all with no help till bedtime.

So I can relate...

Did finally get to the doc on monday. My oxygen level was only 93 (94 is when the beeper goes off) normally durring bad asthma sessions I am at 96. She couldn't believe I was not at the hospital.

Oh I also get migranes at least 2 times a month.... It's so fun being a cick!!! NOT!

Oh and on saturday I did not even get a "happy b-day from my DD or DH" But that is a topic for another post....

Paulette, Happy Birthday! Thanks for taking time to relate.

Thanks...

It is nice to know that others know, some days it is really hard to be a mommy.

It was a verry tough weekend for me. I almost cried many times. Thank goodness I have great friends!

Holly, I do hope you feel better SOON!!!

I feel for you. It's miserable being sick and still having to be keeping up with kids. Sometimes I just relax on the couch and doze off, but then I feel so bad about not keeping up with the kids and the house. But if you're sick, you're sick and the housework and kid messes can wait. Take care of yourself so that you can get better soon! :)

babywings76 said:
I feel for you. It's miserable being sick and still having to be keeping up with kids. Sometimes I just relax on the couch and doze off, but then I feel so bad about not keeping up with the kids and the house. But if you're sick, you're sick and the housework and kid messes can wait. Take care of yourself so that you can get better soon! :)

Well said! You can't be the best Mommy possible if you don't take care of yourself too.

Thanks! I'm now down in the playroom. We have a spare bed in here. Hopefully the kids are good to eachother. I'm not planning on sleeping, just resting. Wish I had someone to call, but we don't live close to anyone who cares enough.

Thanks for hearing my vent...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well....I'm stuck at home with my babies, they have a stomach bug.....I'm in excrement hell!:yuck:

Hope you feel better, and that it doesn't linger for long!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
So sorry to hear you're not feeling well....I'm stuck at home with my babies, they have a stomach bug.....I'm in excrement hell!:yuck:
Hope you feel better, and that it doesn't linger for long!

Been there, done that, at least I'm not having to clean up after them.

I think we can all relate at some point or another. I came down with some sore throat/cough over the weekend. My DH was out of town from Sunday until just this morning. So it was just me. I was 'ok' during the day but slept terribly because I'd cough...so being alone, I couldn't take a nap -although, yesterday, we read our school work *I homeschool my boys* and then we ALL laid down for a nap. Mine was only 10 minutes because I started coughing of course. What is it about laying down to REST that makes coughs worse! And then the tornados and storms started. I'm tired....I feel for you! BUt at least my cough is getting somewhat better and my DH is home.

Morning Holly..how are you feeling? Hopefully better!

Bobbi....sorry you were miserable this weekend.....hope you feel perfectly healthy today!

I can relate :) I always tell my husband, "I think I'm gonna call in sick today" (shrug)
oh well, hang in there!! Someone forgot to give Mom's sick days...

take care, my kids and I are all sick, for the past week or so too.. makes you really appreciate well days.

I'm finally feeling better. Last night I made it through the evening, but was so exhaused when I got home.

Actually I do have a sick day policy from my hubby's work. However you have to call the day before you need the nanny for the day (and before 5 pm). So if I know ahead I'll be sick, then it is okay. But it seems I never know when I'm going to feel really cruddy. I used it once when I was pregnant, but it is hard to predict when I will really need it.

I am feeling like crud again today and I have a show tommorrow. I need this to be a good show and the host is a potential recruit. I have not packed anything for my show yet either. I think it will all work out though. It usually does. We are doing a new recipe for me California club pizza. I plan to make the guests help and use the starter kit tools.

Wish me luck...

Good luck!

Hope you get some rest before the show, it usually helps me when I feel bad.

Recruit that host!!! :thumbup:

What are some tips for taking care of my family while I'm sick?

1. Ask for help: Don't be afraid to reach out to family and friends for assistance with tasks such as grocery shopping or picking up the kids from school.

2. Meal prep: Before you get sick, try to have some meals prepped and stored in the freezer that can easily be heated up for your family.

3. Set up a sick station: Have a designated area with tissues, medicine, and other necessary items so your family knows where to find everything they need.

4. Relax screen time rules: It's okay to let your kids have a little extra screen time while you're sick, so you can rest and recover.

5. Don't overdo it: It's important to listen to your body and not push yourself too hard. Your family will understand if things aren't running as smoothly as usual while you're sick.

How can I prevent getting sick in the first place?

1. Wash your hands frequently: Make sure to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to prevent the spread of germs.

2. Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can weaken your immune system, so make sure to prioritize getting enough rest.

3. Eat a balanced diet: A diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help boost your immune system and prevent illness.

4. Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help flush out toxins and keep your body healthy.

5. Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help strengthen your immune system and reduce your risk of getting sick.

What can I do to make myself feel better while I'm sick?

1. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids to help flush out toxins and keep your body hydrated.

2. Rest: Make sure to get plenty of rest to allow your body to recover.

3. Use essential oils: Certain essential oils, such as eucalyptus or peppermint, can help alleviate symptoms of congestion and coughing.

4. Take over-the-counter medication: Consult with your doctor and take over-the-counter medication to alleviate symptoms such as aches, pains, and fever.

5. Use a humidifier: Using a humidifier can help relieve congestion and make it easier to breathe.

Should I still cook for my family while I'm sick?

1. It's okay to take a break: Don't feel guilty for not being able to cook for your family while you're sick. Your health should come first.

2. Simplify meals: If you do want to cook, try to stick to simple and easy to prepare meals.

3. Order takeout: Don't be afraid to order takeout or have someone pick up food for your family. This will give you a break from cooking and allow you to rest.

4. Meal prep beforehand: If you know you have a busy week coming up, try to meal prep beforehand so you have meals ready to go in the freezer.

5. Enlist help: Ask your partner or older children to help with meal prep and cooking while you're sick.

How can I keep my family from getting sick while I'm sick?

1. Practice good hygiene: Encourage your family to wash their hands frequently and avoid touching their face.

2. Use separate utensils: If you're sharing meals, make sure to use separate utensils to prevent the spread of germs.

3. Disinfect commonly touched surfaces: Wipe down doorknobs, light switches, and other commonly touched surfaces to prevent the spread of germs.

4. Wear a mask: If possible, wear a mask to prevent spreading germs through coughs and sneezes.

5. Avoid close contact: Try to limit close contact with your family members while you're sick to prevent the spread of illness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • wadesgirl