1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ugh, still have to be a mom when I'm sick...

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Okay so I'm sitting on the couch felling crummy. I have a sore throat and headache.

The worst part is I feel like taking a nap (eventhough it is only 8:52 am here) and I can't.

So I'm on here passing time!

2. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

Awwww.. I hope you feel better! It really stinks to be sick and still have to take care of others. Not 100% the same situation but I've been really badly bothered by seasonal allergies lately and I've had several family members in and out of the hospital. I've sat by more than one bedside just wishing I could sleep but actually having to listen to the doctors and nurses and take notes so we don't miss anything.

May 6, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks, I can relate. I hope you don't catch anything in the hospitials.

Oh and my hubby said if I start having a fever, or any other Swine Flu symtoms to let him know. I think it is funny he media has us all concerned.

I have a event tomorrow night I have to go to, so hopefully I'm better soon.

4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Well if it makes you feel better my allergies and asthma have bee the worst ever since last friday. My DH works 12 hr shifts fri, sat & sun. Last Sat was my B-day and I felt like crap, couldnt breath and was coughing up... well we won't discuss that... all with no help till bedtime.

So I can relate...

Did finally get to the doc on monday. My oxygen level was only 93 (94 is when the beeper goes off) normally durring bad asthma sessions I am at 96. She couldn't believe I was not at the hospital.

Oh I also get migranes at least 2 times a month.... It's so fun being a cick!!! NOT!

Oh and on saturday I did not even get a "happy b-day from my DD or DH" But that is a topic for another post....

May 6, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

Paulette, Happy Birthday! Thanks for taking time to relate.

6. etteluap70PC

Thanks...

It is nice to know that others know, some days it is really hard to be a mommy.

It was a verry tough weekend for me. I almost cried many times. Thank goodness I have great friends!

Holly, I do hope you feel better SOON!!!

May 6, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I feel for you. It's miserable being sick and still having to be keeping up with kids. Sometimes I just relax on the couch and doze off, but then I feel so bad about not keeping up with the kids and the house. But if you're sick, you're sick and the housework and kid messes can wait. Take care of yourself so that you can get better soon! :)

May 6, 2009
  8. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

Well said! You can't be the best Mommy possible if you don't take care of yourself too.

May 6, 2009
  9. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks! I'm now down in the playroom. We have a spare bed in here. Hopefully the kids are good to eachother. I'm not planning on sleeping, just resting. Wish I had someone to call, but we don't live close to anyone who cares enough.

Thanks for hearing my vent...

10. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well....I'm stuck at home with my babies, they have a stomach bug.....I'm in excrement hell!:yuck:

Hope you feel better, and that it doesn't linger for long!

11. BlessedWifeMommy

Been there, done that, at least I'm not having to clean up after them.

12. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I think we can all relate at some point or another. I came down with some sore throat/cough over the weekend. My DH was out of town from Sunday until just this morning. So it was just me. I was 'ok' during the day but slept terribly because I'd cough...so being alone, I couldn't take a nap -although, yesterday, we read our school work *I homeschool my boys* and then we ALL laid down for a nap. Mine was only 10 minutes because I started coughing of course. What is it about laying down to REST that makes coughs worse! And then the tornados and storms started. I'm tired....I feel for you! BUt at least my cough is getting somewhat better and my DH is home.

May 6, 2009
  13. Jolie_Paradoxe

Morning Holly..how are you feeling? Hopefully better!

14. Jolie_Paradoxe

Bobbi....sorry you were miserable this weekend.....hope you feel perfectly healthy today!

15. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

I can relate :) I always tell my husband, "I think I'm gonna call in sick today" (shrug)
    oh well, hang in there!! Someone forgot to give Mom's sick days...

take care, my kids and I are all sick, for the past week or so too.. makes you really appreciate well days.

May 8, 2009
  16. BlessedWifeMommy

I'm finally feeling better. Last night I made it through the evening, but was so exhaused when I got home.

Actually I do have a sick day policy from my hubby's work. However you have to call the day before you need the nanny for the day (and before 5 pm). So if I know ahead I'll be sick, then it is okay. But it seems I never know when I'm going to feel really cruddy. I used it once when I was pregnant, but it is hard to predict when I will really need it.

17. etteluap70PC

I am feeling like crud again today and I have a show tommorrow. I need this to be a good show and the host is a potential recruit. I have not packed anything for my show yet either. I think it will all work out though. It usually does. We are doing a new recipe for me California club pizza. I plan to make the guests help and use the starter kit tools.

Wish me luck...

18. BlessedWifeMommy

Good luck!

Hope you get some rest before the show, it usually helps me when I feel bad.

Recruit that host!!! :thumbup:

Have something to add?