• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh! Got to Love Those Customers...

In summary, the customer ordered from the outlet and then complained about the finish on the handle coming off. The customer was referred to the 800# for help.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I really hate it when people order from our wonderful outlet just to get something cheap and don't read warranties.

I have a customer that ordered from the outlet awhile back and got the Gen II set - she is now complaining that the finish is coming off around the handle.

(Let me mention that she is our local Arbonne rep. and a little irritated I joined PC instead of Arbonne but still purchased through me - she has a very strong, opinionated personality).

I referred her to the 800# to help her.

She claims she asked me for a receipt and didn't understand what I said back then so I RE-explained the outlet process and how her receipt is what HO e-mails her and gives her online, I cannot reprint her order because they don't come through to me except to show activity.

Love it how the bad pops up with the good...

I don't have a PWS, although I have been thinking about it. I do know that sometimes other DS consultants are such pains. Like they don't know to keep their receipts?! Or that sometimes what applies in one aspect (ordering from a show) doesn't apply in others (like ordering online).
I feel for you!!

Ohhhh, Janet, I feel your pain! Just dealt with a similar situation!

Seems to me when you place your outlet order a note pops up telling you to print & safe all the info for your records.You gave her the 800# -- now it's up to her.
Guess she didn't read the bit about no warranty on outlet items, either.

I have had good sales on the outlet but so far no one has asked about the warranty or tired to replace something so I am going to dread the day that happens.

Oh Janet, so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I think sometimes other DS people are the hardest to deal with. You would think they would be the easiest. :)

I'm hoping the 800# gets her off my back. She just doesn't read directions, funny, she's a former school teacher...She is just one of the "pushy, rude" type DS consultants...I hope it works out - I gave her all the information I had. :)

She is a BRM - Bless, Release and Move On - person. Or as our minister calls them, EGR - Extra Grace Required! He also says that if you have an EGR person in your life, be grateful. If you don't, then you are most likely the EGR in everyone else's life!

pamperedpals said:
Oh Janet, so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I think sometimes other DS people are the hardest to deal with. You would think they would be the easiest. :)

Isn't that funny how it works that way?

Janet, sorry you have to go through this- however being that you are an ever source of encouragement, maybe she was placed in your path for a reason! :)

In early November I had a lady order from the outlet. She ordered the pie plate. Then in December she ordered again and ordered 2 sets of measuring spoons. Well, she didn't open her pie plate until right before Christmas and it was broken. Then her spoons arrived with 10 spoons all the same size in both packages...I actually don't remember spoons even being on the outlet, so she may have just ordered them through my site. But anyway, she brings her pie plate to me...leaves it on my door step to send back for her. I call HO and get a ref. # and send it back for her. So, I made nothing from that sale because it was after 30 days and postage ate up any profit I made. Then she calls me complaining about the spoons. So, I tell her I will reorder her spoons and we will trade because I can use the spoons as door prizes. So, I deliver her spoons and she is not home. I give them to her husband in good faith telling him that she can bring me the other spoons...have not heard one word from her. she sees me all the time and never mentions the spoons or the pie plate...I don't even know if she received the pie plate because HO wouldn't send it to me it had to ship to her directly because it was an outlet order. I do not understand people. I love that we have the outlet because it gives customers a chance to purchase stuff at a great price, but sometimes I wonder if its really worth it.

I would have charged her the shipping and asked for the spoons when I saw her next................

its complicated with this customer. It is too long of a story to get into.

Ugh - that stinks. I've even given FREE items to people and had them complain or ask me to exchange them. Um, NO, it was FREE! What more do they want, my blood?!?

Kitchen Diva said:
Isn't that funny how it works that way?

Janet, sorry you have to go through this- however being that you are an ever source of encouragement, maybe she was placed in your path for a reason! :)

Yup, you're right...it has turned into her calling HO, feeling dumb she didn't see the warranty and VERY disappointed in PC, but asking if I could find her a new 2 qt., me explaining the new cookware, her showing interest in it (wanting a discount but I said the BEST discount is hosting a show in September - 60% off) and then her sharing that she cut back her DS business because her husband is very ill and needs her.

This situation has turned 180 degrees so far. I called HO to explain her disappointment - they noted it and couldn't do anything. I explained everything I've told her - they assured me I said and did all the right things. Now I will just provide her good customer service and maybe an ear to those tough things. She is a very strong, brash, tough lady, but she suddenly melted down today on e-mail. Hmm...a window is opening...

Janet, kudos for the way you're handling this :)

Yes Janet. Way to be above the situation!! I would like to think that I stayed above the situation last night, b/c I never got mad back to her...just after the conversation was over.
I think you are handling this very well, who knows, maybe a recruit?!

janetupnorth said:
Yup, you're right...it has turned into her calling HO, feeling dumb she didn't see the warranty and VERY disappointed in PC, but asking if I could find her a new 2 qt., me explaining the new cookware, her showing interest in it (wanting a discount but I said the BEST discount is hosting a show in September - 60% off) and then her sharing that she cut back her DS business because her husband is very ill and needs her.

This situation has turned 180 degrees so far. I called HO to explain her disappointment - they noted it and couldn't do anything. I explained everything I've told her - they assured me I said and did all the right things. Now I will just provide her good customer service and maybe an ear to those tough things. She is a very strong, brash, tough lady, but she suddenly melted down today on e-mail. Hmm...a window is opening...

Janet...I pray that you are shown why YOU are put in this situation right now...you may be able to reach her because you WERE calm and nice to her...even if she was "in the wrong" and just didn't read when she ordered off the outlet.

What is the most common complaint from customers?

The most common complaint from customers is usually related to a product not meeting their expectations or arriving damaged.

How do you handle a difficult or angry customer?

When faced with a difficult or angry customer, it is important to remain calm and empathize with their concerns. Offer a sincere apology and try to find a solution to their issue.

Can I return or exchange a product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, our company has a satisfaction guarantee policy and we are happy to provide a refund or exchange for any products that do not meet your expectations.

Are there any special discounts or promotions available for customers?

Yes, we often have special discounts and promotions available for our customers. Be sure to check our website and social media pages for any current offers.

How can I contact customer service for assistance?

You can contact our customer service team through email, phone, or live chat on our website. We are available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hselby87
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedberry