• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh - Feeling Bad -- Need Peptalk!

In summary, a few weeks ago, my NED sent out an e-mail asking us who we would like to recommend sit in her box during the general sessions. I have 2 consultants going and both have been struggling this year and haven't really, quite honestly, achieved much in the big picture of PC. Chris has over 1000 in her downline and surely there were others out there more deserving. I got an e-mail today from one of my consultants who
finley1991
So a few weeks ago, my NED sent out an e-mail asking us (her first line directors) who we would like to recommend sit in her box during the general sessions. I have 2 consultants going and both have been struggling this year and haven't really, quite honestly, achieved much in the big picture of PC. (I haven't either.) So I didn't respond to the e-mail knowing that Chris has over 1000 in her downline and surely there were others out there more deserving.I got an e-mail today from one of my consultants who is going saying how excited she is that she was invited to sit the box on day 3! I feel like crap now because I didn't recommend her or my other consultant, when I should have recommended both on the merit that they are the only ones even making an attempt to go to conference! UGH! UGH! UGH!!!!I e-mailed Chris thanking her for inviting her and for inviting me to sit with her at the director's lunch and explained why I didn't recommend either of my consultants and in hind-sight, it wasn't a good move on my part.I just feel like crap now for not extending the opportunity to sit with Chris to them and thank God that Chris has the vision to see past my stupidness.Anyone got anything to offer me so I can get this horrible feeling out of my stomach? :( :( :( :( :(

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I would have done the same thing. That might not really help but your thought process sounds sane to me.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS TO YOU COLLEEN!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I would have done the same thing as you. Although I really would have wanted to recommend myself!! Don't feel bad!

Question though, was she the one on CS, talking about how she was asked? I think it was thebowman?

I can't say I would have handled it any differently than you did. So...just big hugs to you
((((((((((((Colleen))))))))))))

pampmomof3 said:
Question though, was she the one on CS, talking about how she was asked? I think it was thebowman?

No... she's not on CS.

But I have to go check that out now!!!! :devil:

Uh oh! I think thebowman posted how it was Manion's box............

Colleen, I would not have recommended anyone either.

Do not beat yourself up over this. Seriously, stop that. Put a smile on your face. Come on, I think I feel the corners of your mouth turning up. Yep, here they go. Time to let this go. Come on, you can do it! HOORAY! I can feel the smile on your face. Glad we took care of that.

Now go have a great day!:D

ChefLisa said:
Colleen, I would not have recommended anyone either.

Do not beat yourself up over this. Seriously, stop that. Put a smile on your face. Come on, I think I feel the corners of your mouth turning up. Yep, here they go. Time to let this go. Come on, you can do it! HOORAY! I can feel the smile on your face. Glad we took care of that.

Now go have a great day!:D

It worked! Thank you!

Thanks for all of your kind words... I'm on my way to feeling better. :)

That's great! In my mind, you look just like your picture right now!

When I read your decision, I interpreted it to mean you didn't want to take away a potential slot from someone who was maybe taking their business more seriously than your two gals. I think it's great you were looking at the bigger picture!

legacypc46 said:
When I read your decision, I interpreted it to mean you didn't want to take away a potential slot from someone who was maybe taking their business more seriously than your two gals. I think it's great you were looking at the bigger picture!

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. :)

I don't think I would have done anything different, Colleen. It is such an honor to sit in one of those boxes that I would not have put someone in there for making the committment to go to Conference only....I would have thought that honor should go to someone that has attained some serious goals with their business....

chefmeg said:
I don't think I would have done anything different, Colleen. It is such an honor to sit in one of those boxes that I would not have put someone in there for making the committment to go to Conference only....I would have thought that honor should go to someone that has attained some serious goals with their business....

You know... I've never been invited to sit in the box. And I bet there are a lot of directors and others who have achieved so much more then I have that haven't either.

My NED runs a recruiting contest each May and her top 24 recruiters get to sit in the box. Ties are broken by sales.

now, see....that is a great reason to be invited "into the box"!!!!!!!!!!!

dannyzmom said:
My NED runs a recruiting contest each May and her top 24 recruiters get to sit in the box. Ties are broken by sales.

I love that!

Now that we've gotten Colleen feeling better (right, Colleen?), can someone explain to me what "the boxes" are? I've been to Leadership, but this is my first NC.

In the theater that General Sessions are held in there are "box seats" like you would see rich folks sitting in at an opera....the NED and some SD have their names on banners that hang off of them and they invite folks to sit in them!

Last year my SED invited me to sit in her box. It is an honor - but to be completely honest with you, you can see the stage so much better from the audience. I sat in the box for the new product reveal.

legacypc46 said:
Now that we've gotten Colleen feeling better (right, Colleen?)

Yes, I am better! Thanks everyone!

chefmeg said:
In the theater that General Sessions are held in there are "box seats" like you would see rich folks sitting in at an opera....the NED and some SD have their names on banners that hang off of them and they invite folks to sit in them!

That is the only goal I made for myself at conference last year. One day I want one of those banners with my name on it. (then I will take it home to hang on my house!)

I'm a goof!

Colleen, your heart was in the right place. I agree that you felt in a bigger picture sort of way that there might be other consultants that would benefit much more from the experience.
I would be thoroughly thrilled for her and hope it has the impact on her business that it should.

Enough said, you acted faithfully, which is all we can do.

I just read this. I don't think anyone would interpret what you did in any negative way. I'm willing to bet you make your girls feel special all of the time and your explanation would be more than enough.

Related to Ugh - Feeling Bad -- Need Peptalk!

1. How can I boost my mood when I'm feeling down?

There are several things you can do to lift your spirits when you're feeling low. Some ideas include practicing gratitude, going for a walk or run, listening to upbeat music, talking to a friend or loved one, or engaging in a favorite hobby or activity.

2. What are some quick and easy ways to practice self-care?

Self-care looks different for everyone, but some simple ways to take care of yourself include drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, eating nutritious meals, taking breaks throughout the day, and saying no to things that drain your energy.

3. How can I stop negative thoughts from consuming me?

One technique to combat negative thoughts is to practice mindfulness. This involves acknowledging your thoughts without judgment and then redirecting your focus to the present moment. You can also try reframing negative thoughts into more positive ones.

4. What are some healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress?

Healthy coping mechanisms for stress include exercise, deep breathing, journaling, spending time in nature, and talking to a therapist or trusted friend. It's important to find what works best for you and to prioritize self-care during times of stress.

5. How can I stay positive during difficult times?

Staying positive during difficult times can be challenging, but some strategies include finding gratitude in small things, focusing on what you can control, seeking support from loved ones, and reminding yourself that tough times are temporary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • ChefBrittiny
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76