• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can I Sell Other Products at My Event?

In summary, the host said no to the request for a multivendor party, and the guest replied that was what she was thinking so it was no problem that the host said no.
ktraceyk
A host sent me this I typed out 2 e-mails but didn't like either. I tried to go with conflict of interest because we sell the similar things and the fact that neither would do well if you have both but both sounded like I was just gready.

Here is her e-mail

"Would it be ok if I had some tastefully simple dips/catolog there also for people to order if they like. My friend sells this stuff.
I wanted to get your permission first."

TIA

I've been approached on things like that too. Here's what I'd send if it were my host asking the question:
In my experience, that never turns out well for the host. Most people come expecting one event, not two and they have a set budget in mind to spend. When hosts surprise them with a 2nd company, they now have to decide how to split their budget ~ which means less host benefits for you. I know that your goal was to get lots of items off your wish list for free and at a discount. My advice is to do a home show or catalog show with Tastefully simple in a couple of weeks after your guests have received another paycheck. It will be easier to maximize your host benefits with BOTH companies that way. ;)

I used do double parties, but usually I was told before the party not after it was set up. I don't any more, because I have a ton off bookings and I am not afraid to lose a host. I usually have this conversation on the phone because I think I come off better in voice than email. I essentially say that it is not my custom to do multivendor parties and I have found in 7 years that when we do have multivendors at one party the host never wins. Each person comes with a set amount to spend so the host never really gets any good rewards from any company. I think it is great that you want to help your friend with her business. Let's have your party with The Pampered Chef then you can dedicate a whole party to your friend's business in say a month or 2. You will receive the great benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party and the full rewards from the other company.

Sheila said:
I've been approached on things like that too. Here's what I'd send if it were my host asking the question:

Well out it went we will see but I would rather loose the show then drive there for $150 in sales. Now last month I could have used anything!

Let us know what she says! ;)

In my experience, usually when a host has asked this, it's because their "Friend who sells whatever" has asked them if they can also set up a table or display....and when I say no, the host is actually relieved. Then the "No" comes from me, and not them, and they don't have to be the bad guy to their friend.
Me? I don't mind being the bad guy to someone who is just looking to ride the apron strings of PC, instead of booking their own shows. :roflmao:

She replied that was what she was thinking so it was no problem that I said no. I think it's what was mentioned her friend asked and she didn't want to say no.

Woohoo! Glad it's worked out & you are both happy. :D

1. What is "Help What to Say"?

"Help What to Say" is a website that provides tips, advice, and examples for difficult or important conversations. It is designed to help individuals communicate effectively and confidently in various situations.

2. How can "Help What to Say" benefit me?

"Help What to Say" can benefit you by providing practical guidance and strategies for effective communication. It can also help you feel more confident and prepared for difficult conversations, which can lead to better outcomes and relationships.

3. What types of conversations does "Help What to Say" cover?

"Help What to Say" covers a wide range of conversations, including personal relationships, workplace communication, and difficult topics such as conflict resolution, feedback, and expressing emotions. It also offers tips for public speaking and interviews.

4. Is "Help What to Say" free to use?

Yes, "Help What to Say" is completely free to use. You can access all the tips, advice, and examples on the website without any cost.

5. Can I submit my own questions or suggestions to "Help What to Say"?

Absolutely! "Help What to Say" welcomes user submissions and suggestions. You can use the contact form on the website to send in your questions or ideas, and they will be considered for future updates and additions to the website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchefsarah