• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can I Duplicate a Previous Guest List on My Website for a Repeat Host's Event?

In summary, Tiffany tells the story of how her repeat host sent over 40 evites from her personal website, and tries to find a way for the host to reuse the evites. However, because there are orders on the last show, the host is unable to change the date and the evites cannot be reused. She suggests that the host call tech support.
finley1991
I don't have hosts use the evites from our personal websites often but now this has come up and I have a question for anyone who might know before I call tech support...

I have a repeat host that sent over 40 evites from my website. Does she need to re-enter all of the names and e-mail addresses or is there a way to duplicate her former list into her current show on my website?

No way to reuse it. She has to start over. :(

I'm pretty sure you can Go back to your closed shows and change the date. Then you should be able to send a new email and it should work out fine. There is also the import feature now that might help her. I wish is was more like e-vite.com though where you can just copy and paste. I told tech support at conference and theguy hadn't heard of e-vite.com. It thought that was interesting. He was very helpful though and wrote it down along with my 10 other issues.

Thanks tiffany... I know that won't work because someone placed an order on the last show and if there are orders, you can't change the date and reuse the show.

UGH... I guess I'll cut and paste the guest list for her. :)

Thanks for your help!!!!

finley1991 said:
Thanks tiffany... I know that won't work because someone placed an order on the last show and if there are orders, you can't change the date and reuse the show.

UGH... I guess I'll cut and paste the guest list for her. :)

Thanks for your help!!!!

Are you sure? I keep an open Catalog show on my website in my name. Sometimes I forget to go back in there and switch the dates so it times out, but I just go back and make it valid again. I haven't had any problems doing that. I've been doing it at least a year now (more than likely longer).

Chef Kearns said:
Are you sure? I keep an open Catalog show on my website in my name. Sometimes I forget to go back in there and switch the dates so it times out, but I just go back and make it valid again. I haven't had any problems doing that. I've been doing it at least a year now (more than likely longer).

I tried it once on another show and it didn't work... so I never tried it again. Hmmmm...

I'm thinking a call to tech support might be the answer but that will have to wait until later today or tomorrow...

"I told tech support at conference and theguy hadn't heard of e-vite.com. It thought that was interesting. He was very helpful though and wrote it down along with my 10 other issues."

That figures. I have been at tech talk at conference before and someone asked a question and the tech guy said "no, we can't do that" and I've flat out told them "of course you can--here's how I do it" and the tech guys are amazed. I would call support and ask for Joe. He's the guy with the gray beard that is always there--I think he's at least a supervisor if not the head guy--we always joke that we meet in the elevators at conference and leadership--I ask about his wife, he asks about my kids, LOL. He's is pretty cool and knowledgeable.

I have the exact same thing--someone hosted a catty show for August, is doing a live show in October and wants to duplicate the list--let us know if there's a way she can do it.

Nanisu said:
"I told tech support at conference and theguy hadn't heard of e-vite.com. It thought that was interesting. He was very helpful though and wrote it down along with my 10 other issues."

That figures. I have been at tech talk at conference before and someone asked a question and the tech guy said "no, we can't do that" and I've flat out told them "of course you can--here's how I do it" and the tech guys are amazed. I would call support and ask for Joe. He's the guy with the gray beard that is always there--I think he's at least a supervisor if not the head guy--we always joke that we meet in the elevators at conference and leadership--I ask about his wife, he asks about my kids, LOL. He's is pretty cool and knowledgeable.

I have the exact same thing--someone hosted a catty show for August, is doing a live show in October and wants to duplicate the list--let us know if there's a way she can do it.

That just happened here about a month ago. Beth asked about printing somethign from Customer Connection, called Tech and they told her no. Then I walked her through how to do it. *shaking head*

DebbieJ said:
That just happened here about a month ago. Beth asked about printing somethign from Customer Connection, called Tech and they told her no. Then I walked her through how to do it. *shaking head*

I was just going to say that! It's hard for even the techs to know everything the program can do. We use it!

Reusing a show on our websites: How about deleting the guests that placed orders and reentering their email address? Then there'd only be a few to enter with the new date.

A couple of other things about reusing the shows on your PWS.

1) It screws up the RSVP. If they were invited before and RSVP'd then it looks like they aleady RSVP'd the second time.

2) If they ordered through the PWS the first time, that order is still there the second time. You'll need to be sure that you don't duplicate it on the new show.

Thanks everyone!I try to avoid TS only because the first question I get is what kind of computer are you using and I have a Mac even though I run Windows XP on it. Now I just say Windows XP but they still press me for an answer to the computer type and I don't want to lie...I'm going to fiddle around with the show today and see what I come up with. I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks! Please let us know what you figure out on your end.

So, i have a question--many of you are way more techy than me--is there a way you could copy the host's guest list to an excel file (maybe even a cut and paste type of thing), or save it to a .csv file (which is a form of excel), and then re-upload it do you think? Kind of like how you can upload email addresses to OUR contact lists on our websites? what do you think? I'm NOT an excel person, but I do know enough to be dangerous--is it do-able do you think?

UPDATE: I had to go in and copy and paste all of the e-mails into the new show. About half-way through I realized that I had to log in as my host and do it that way or the invites would come from me and not her. Lesson learned!

1. What is a website guest list?

A website guest list is a list of individuals who have been invited to visit a specific website or online event. It is typically used for tracking and managing guest attendance and engagement.

2. How do I create a website guest list?

To create a website guest list, you can use a guest list management tool or manually input guest information into a spreadsheet. It is important to include relevant details such as names, email addresses, and any other necessary information for tracking purposes.

3. Can I customize my website guest list?

Yes, you can customize your website guest list by adding or removing columns, adding custom fields, and organizing the list according to your preferences. This can help you better manage and track your guests.

4. Can I send invitations to my website guest list?

Yes, you can send invitations to your website guest list through email or by using a guest list management tool. This will allow you to easily track who has RSVP'd and manage any necessary follow-ups.

5. How do I keep my website guest list updated?

To keep your website guest list updated, it is important to regularly review and update the information as needed. You can also use tools or features that allow guests to update their own information, such as RSVP status or dietary preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sequeemamma
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies