• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Pampered Chef Consultants at the Same Fair! Heylp!

Try to bring a variety of items. I usually bring flyers on fundraisers, bridal shows, kitchen shows, catalog shows, mini catalogs, old catalogs, and I have a drawing for something so that people can fill out the door prize slip and I can get their info, and they can win a prize. Usually something I have on hand that I can display and entice people to come to my booth.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Just found out the craft fair I am doing next Saturday has TWO of us! I do not know the other consultant - she is two towns over - I need kick a** ideas! HEYLP! We cant serve food....I am taking my mandolin....it is a BIG fair - so plenty of room for both of us, but please share your ideas! thankyouverymuch!

RATS!!! APCS? Just make sure your apples are good ones that will "perform."

KimmyDarling said:
RATS!!!

APCS? Just make sure your apples are good ones that will "perform."

The granny smith ones are good for not breaking too easily.

Food Chopper? Quick Stir Pitcher with glitter water?

Offer a show in a bag! Put a host packet in there with little gifts and paper plates and napkins! You could also offer a discount for shopping, too.

Could you use a plug in stove to saute some apple wedges with cinnamin? It would show the small saute pan and would smell SOOO good.

Or how about a game wheel where customers could spin for prizes (free kitchen show, bonus product with show, Season's Best, pick from door prize basket, etc)

How about packaging up some mystery boxes for sale? Everyone loves to receive a surprise. You could make them 10% cheaper than the retail price, and they won't know what they are buying.

Don't forget to wrap up some beautiful gift baskets in cellophane so they can see how easy it is to give a wonderful gift.

Is is possible to team up with the other consultant? Whenever I am at a booth I get so many more contacts when there is another person with me. That way one can be talking to one person while the other is looking for the next contact. You don't lose as many that way.

I have one coming up in 2 weekends,
what should I take, literature wise?
Any suggestions

What to take....
Chozengirl said:
I have one coming up in 2 weekends,
what should I take, literature wise?
Any suggestions

Try to bring a variety of items. I usually bring flyers on fundraisers, bridal shows, kitchen shows, catalog shows, mini catalogs, old catalogs, and I have a drawing for something so that people can fill out the door prize slip and I can get their info, and they can win a prize. Usually something I have on hand that I can display and entice people to come to my booth.

Debbie :D

cmdtrgd said:
Is is possible to team up with the other consultant? Whenever I am at a booth I get so many more contacts when there is another person with me. That way one can be talking to one person while the other is looking for the next contact. You don't lose as many that way.
That would be a good idea. Then you guys can just split everything.

Also, raffle off a $50 shopping spree.

I've done several craft fairs, and my director has helped me immensely. One of the most important things to do is have a door prize drawing, either with a shopping spree, as someone suggested, or with an actual product. Since my director always earns duplicates, she usually has a product we use for a prize.

I use my own door prize slip instead of PC's. I have their name, address, phone, e-mail at the top, as well as a line "best time to reach me." Then I ask them to check all of the following that apply:

I have not heard of Pampered Chef, but would like more information
I would like to hear about upcoming specials
I might like to purchase products
I might want to earn free products by hosting a show
I'd like more information about becoming a consultant
I already have a consultant that I work with; only call me if I win

The last option is so I don't waste time following up with someone who really doesn't want to hear from me.

After the fair, I of course call the winner and arrange to get her prize to her. But then I call everyone else and offer them some special. I'll tell them I'm sorry they didn't win the grand prize, but they did win a free show (where I bring the ingredients, paper plates, napkins and utensils). Or I offer them a percentage off an order. Most people have checked they want to hear about specials and might want to purchase products, and a few have booked. The most important thing is the follow up! And it might take multiple calls; I had one fair last May where a person actually checked she was interested in hosting and she finally booked in September, after I called her every other month or so.

Another hint my director gave me is to save your old catalogs and use those for a fair. Some people just want to pick up a catalog from your table, so keep the old catalogs out (I put a sticker on the front - "For a current catalog, call...). When you speak to someone who is interested, you can give them a new catalog. That way you don't go through a bunch of new catalogs for people who aren't really interested.

And speak to everyone who comes by!! Make eye contact, say hello. As they're looking around, ask them are they familiar with PC, what's their favorite product, etc. Anything to engage them in conversation. Then ask if they'd like to enter the door prize drawing and tell them what you're giving away. Another important point on the door prize - don't just leave the slips out next to the batter bowl, or whatever you're going to put the slips in; keep it in the back and keep the slips in your hand and invite them to enter the drawing. You'll get better leads this way as you're kind of qualifying your leads first. Some people will want to enter just to win something, but you really want good leads that you can follow up on. On the back of the door prize slip (after they walk away), write some kind of note about them, like wearing a red dress, or really likes the food chopper, or was interested in purchasing... That way you'll have a conversation starter when you call for follow up.

I went to a fair recently where I didn't have a booth, as there was already another PC consultant there, and the fair was too small for both of us. She didn't do a door prize, nor did she speak to anyone that stopped at her booth while I was there. So I don't know how successful she might have been. I have found most people don't order at the fair, and if you don't do a door prize drawing, you have no way to follow up with any leads.

Depending on if I need sales for the month, I might offer an incentive to place an order, like a free Season's Best with any order, or an additional entry into the door prize drawing. When I do follow up calls, I can remind them of the special, but it's only good until... Whenever I want to get orders sent in. And with orders, unless they live close by, I just do direct shipping; I don't give them an option. And I let them know how much more convenient it is to get it delivered directly to their house, instead of them having to wait for me to get it to them.

Another small hint - have some kind of candy on the table; around the holidays, especially some holiday type candy, like in the bright red, green and gold foil wrapping. It draws people to your table - most people can't resist candy!! And some people have even asked, "How much for a piece of candy?" (Of course, it's free!) If there's any kids with their parents, it really draws the kids over, and of course the parents follow.

Hope this helps!

Teaming up is a great idea... it's better for the two of you to work together, rather than against each other competing. I keep hearing how there is enough business to go around, so working together and splitting everything really seems like the way to go so you aren't trying to get the same people. I can't believe that the person in charge of the event would allow two of the same. I have tried to get in on some of the events around here and I am told, "we already have a PC rep."GOOD LUCK!

Let us know how it goes and what you decide to do!

I thought about this - but the only reason I hesitate is that I do not even know this consultant! She is not in my cluster at all - and suppose she turns me down, then there would be bad vibes and all that. All she can say is "no" but it worries me! I have her website....what should I say if I do email her? Also - we each paid for booth space - I dont even know if the fair chairperson would even let us combine...

Thanks for all the other suggestions!

Also - any ideas on a small recruiting incentive? I dont want to break my pocketbook - but what could I do to drum up some interest in the business beside having out all my recruiting brochures? I am taking my flip chart and bookings binder....

Last edited:
With any incentive you offer, make it available when the show is held or when the recruit qualifies!

Cindycooks said:
I thought about this - but the only reason I hesitate is that I do not even know this consultant! She is not in my cluster at all - and suppose she turns me down, then there would be bad vibes and all that. All she can say is "no" but it worries me! I have her website....what should I say if I do email her? Also - we each paid for booth space - I dont even know if the fair chairperson would even let us combine...

Thanks for all the other suggestions!

Also - any ideas on a small recruiting incentive? I dont want to break my pocketbook - but what could I do to drum up some interest in the business beside having out all my recruiting brochures? I am taking my flip chart and bookings binder....

If you did decide to work together, maybe the chairperson would let you combine your two spaces to make one larger one that you both could work at. That way the organization is not out the money from the space, and you could work together.. that is, if you talk and decide to do that. Just an idea.

Do you have the "It Pays to Host/Consult" flyer? It's a really nice flyer.. shows what the guest, host and consultant get for $100. (Which, actually the consultant can get it for $50 if they host a show.) Maybe have that blown up and put it on a tabletop easel so people can see it easily. You could also offer $10 off their kit if they book a party, using the FPV towards their kit. That way, the $10 would come out of your commission instead of your pocket and they'll have to sign to get the $10 off.. I mean, it's not something you just hand out at your table or anything. With the $10 off, if they have a successful show, they could sign and get their kit (over $350 in products and supplies) for as little as $40!!

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes :)

That is ashame that you want to compete with another PC consultant. We are a TEAM folks! You do your booth and the other consultant does theirs. The fairgoers will go to which ever booth they want to. It's up to them......

Believe me, I have done a few fairs where there is double the exposure, never been a problem, ther only problem I can see is with the consultants trying to take it all. :)

What is the benefit of having two Pampered Chef consultants at the same fair?

Having two consultants at the same fair allows for more personalized attention for customers and the ability to handle a larger volume of sales. It also allows for a wider range of product demonstrations and recipe ideas.

Will there be a competition between the two consultants?

No, there will not be any competition between the two consultants. Our goal is to work together as a team to provide the best experience for our customers and support each other's success.

Do I have to purchase from both consultants?

No, you are welcome to purchase from either consultant or both if you wish. We are here to serve you and make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.

Will there be duplicate products at each consultant's booth?

While there may be some overlap in products, each consultant will have their own unique inventory and displays. This allows you to have a wider selection to choose from and see different ways to use our products.

Can I book a party with either consultant?

Absolutely! Both consultants would love to help you host a Pampered Chef party and earn free products. You can choose to book with either consultant or even co-host a party with both if you'd like.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CooknSteph
  • dwyerkim
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • stacypc05
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies