• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharing a Fair/Expo Table Question

but never with another PC consultant. This sounds like a lot of work, but it sounds like it can be worth it in the end.
dwyerkim
Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but wondered for people who've done fairs/expos and shared a table with someone, how did you handle it? Did you each supply equal amounts of paper supply or some other way split that cost? How did you split up bookings, contacts, etc? I imagine the contacts without much personal connection would just be split in half, maybe by geographic region of our city, but for people that we'v personally connected with or booked shows with, how do you keep that part fair? I am considering sharing a bridal fair table in August and just want to have all the details planned before talking about it with the other consultant. Thanks for your ideas!

Usually you do everyother one and anyone you speak to is yours. Here is a sheet on booth etiquette that I got off this site. Initially I think it was posted by Chefanne.

Attachments

• Booth_Etiquette[1].doc
    29 KB · Views: 684
Funny you should ask!I just did one w/ a fellow consultant that I did not know. We each brought a door prize of similar value. Some cheap hand out items to draw people to the table. Had one box for entries and split them (unlooked at) evenly. Then when we looked them over, did some swapping for regional ease. Also offered 10% off for orders placed that night (w/ direct ship). Trying to pull together a book show... or if they called after the fact and mentioned the show I would honor the 10% or send them a few "tool gadgets & SB (current or not)". This was my choice to do. My partner did the 10% that night only. We also handed out a squirt of lotion to who was interested.We would take ups (turns) approaching people. When the expo got busy, we just started handing out paperwork whereever & like crazy. We each had our own stamped items w/ our names. Laying out and handing out. If people would approach at a slow time, we'd share (input) information, but the person who's turn it was got the contact.Feel free to walk the expo too w/ your paperwork and hand out as you walk. Also hand to other vendors. Wear PC clothing or your apron all the time. Even to the bathroom. Leave business cards in the bathroom w/ hand cream and soap w/ your info stuck to it. (if you won't get in trouble) be sure to pick up when event is over. If someone wanted to book a show, the person who secured the expo got it first, then the other consultant got the next and back/forth that way.Potential recruits ~ opposite way. Or visa versa.This was both of our first times sharing w/ a fellow PC consultant trying to increase leads... so we were very considerate to eachother. No toe stepping or pouncing or such and we both made out very well.If we spent some serious time on one person, we would write their name down and that would be our contact no matter who's up it was.You should talk in detail to your partner. Iron everything out and come to a common agreement on how you will handle what is thrown at you. Expo's can be fast paced, stressful and confusing. Have all your paperwork ready, your host packet & recruit packets prepared. Over pack. You can always bring them home, but you can't go home and get more. :rolleyes: Have a few great "one liner's" practiced so you can draw people to you. Search "tag lines" or "commercial" and see what other people use. I like are you a Wendy (s), Betty (crocker) or Martha (stewart)? I can make Wendy and Betty look like a Martha. ;) Good luck and let me know how it goes! The first one is always the hardest...:eek: Hope this is helpful. If you have detailed questions, I'll see if I can answer for you. Feel free to email me. With any Expo; follow up is KEY! :)

Last edited:
I share booths all the time and we each have different color drawing slips. We take turns talking to people and keep the ones of the people we talk to so they have some connection and the name matches the papers we hand out.

As far as the drawing goes we usually put them together in one container and then who ever's gets picked takes care of the prize (usually a gift certificate worth $10-20 depending on the fair and worth more if the person books a show and uses it at her show).

Thanks for the info. I have done fairs before by myself, just never shared with someone else. I am a little hesitant to share...LOL! The fairs I've done before have been really quite slow, nothing I couldn't handle alone, and not tons of leads so I wouldn't want to have to split them. This wedding expo though they say has several hundred brides, and each bride averages 2.8 people with her, so there could be a lot of contacts (not just brides either). With that many, two of us could probably better manage the traffic flow and not lose people sheerly b/c we can't get to them. I was thinking of doing two drawings, one for people doing a registry right then (better prize) and then a smaller drawing for everyone else. I like the idea of doing colored contact slips, or maybe just hitting the white ones with a highlighter ahead of time to tell them apart, so that you keep the people you speak to personally.

I would say have different drawing slips, so you can tell which ones are yours. (If you are putting them all into the same container) If you speak to someone, make a notation on the slip about them or what you talked about so you can remember them. The last few booths our cluster did together we didn't have a "prize drawing" set up on the table to draw people in. What we did was we each stood on either side of the table...my paperwork on my end hers on her end. When talking to people, offer for them to fill out a DPDS for a gift certificate drawing. I had them hand it directly to me so I could write on it those little reminders about them and what we talked about. Then, I just put them in my apron. I did my own drawing (made up my own GS so they could only redeem it through me and put an expiration date of 90 days on it) and the other girl did her drawing.

Paperwork wise, each of you should bring your own stuff to hand out. I always take our recipe cards with my info to pass out...mini catalogs (much cheaper and most of the time people want to see the "new" things) and only hand out full size catties to those who are really interested.

We have never had a problem with someone "hogging" all of the prospects that come to the table...if it's not busy, maybe take turns talking to people who come up, but if it's busy, just take care of the people as you can and it will even itself out!

HTH

MGG,

Nice outline.

I have attached the recipe card I hand out at booths & fairs. It certainly gets your name out there.

I have had several shows, sales and one recruit from the coupon.

HTH

Last edited:
PCGINA said:
MGG,

Nice outline.

I have attached the recipe card I hand out at booths & fairs. It certainly gets your name out there.

I have had several shows, sales and one recruit from the coupon.

HTH

Thanks for sharing your coupon/recipe... great idea!

What is a fair/expo table?

A fair/expo table is a space at a local event or fair where vendors can display and sell their products. It is a great way to showcase your products and reach a larger audience.

How do I sign up for a fair/expo table?

You can sign up for a fair/expo table by contacting the event organizer or by reaching out to your local Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with information on upcoming events and how to secure a table.

What products can I sell at a fair/expo table?

At a fair/expo table, you can sell any Pampered Chef products that are currently available for purchase. This includes cookware, kitchen tools, and food products. However, we recommend focusing on best-selling and seasonal items to attract more customers.

How much does it cost to have a fair/expo table?

The cost of a fair/expo table can vary depending on the event and location. Some tables may be free, while others may require a fee to reserve. It is best to check with the event organizer or your local Pampered Chef consultant for specific pricing information.

What should I bring to my fair/expo table?

It is important to bring a variety of products to showcase at your fair/expo table. This can include samples, catalogs, order forms, and any display items that will help attract customers. It is also a good idea to have business cards or other contact information readily available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
Replies
Views
Ritab2pamperu
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies