• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director forThose That Share Meetings With Other Directors

In summary, the author joined up with two other directors to do meetings and found that they all had different responsibilities and costs that they had to share. They eventually decided to split the meetings up so that each director would do a month and then have a joint meeting every other month. They also held a $1000 brunch at the end of the year for everyone who had made $1000 in sales.
PamperedK
Silver Member
For those of you that do meetings with other Directors, ADs, etc....how do you split them up? Do you alternate months that each person "runs" the meeting?

What about expenses? There are supplies and such to buy, recipe ingredients if you do a demo, etc. what do you do about that?

I'm starting to feel like I put a LOT more out of pocket than my upline and I wanted to see what other people do to be able to suggest a change.

I just started doing joint meetings with another Director. I chose to do joint meetings with her because I trust her. We talked about how we were going to split up everything. We have split up the duties and the costs. We've tried to keep the costs to a minimum. We are having actual cluster meetings every other month. For the months in between we are doing a Recipe Night. We are alternating houses for the Recipe Nights. We got a free meeting room at IHop, so that's no cost.

If you are uncomfortable maybe you should think about striking out on your own??!!

I join up with two other directors to do meetings. These were the meetings I first attended when I started 8 years ago. When I became a director, my director at the time was getting out the biz, so I just took over and helped the other director run the meetings. We now have a 3rd director who wanted to join us last year because she wasn't getting a big turn out at her meetings and the more, the merrier.

We all kind of split stuff up. We have a meeting planning phone call sometime within the week before the meeting. We usually divide up segments of the meeting outline so we're all doing something. As for what type of cost goes into it, I guess we do try to split it up so it's fair. We all tend to make some type of recipe for our meetings. Our prizes at meetings are usually products and we kind of switch off bringing them. This week week we did a little product knowledge type quiz and ideas for uses. Everyone got a ticket for throwing out suggestions and then we awarded three people from the game and each got a small new product. Each of us directors brought one.

We put on a $1000 brunch at the end of the year (sometimes twice a year if the numbers are looking big) for hosts AND consultants who have $1000 shows and all 3 of us prepare and cook ALL the recipes - and there are a lot of recipes!!) This is one way we go all out and reward this big accomplishment. This is probably the biggest amount of $$ I chip in for something for all of our teams. We all chip in and try to contribute the same amt of money in terms of recipes and champagne for the mimosas. :)

Since meetings are never at my house (we alternate the houses of the other two Directors - mostly because I have younger kids that need to get in bed on Monday nights), I do try to even it out best I can. I try to be aware of it. But if you're feeling like you're contributing more than your upline, maybe it's time for a chat. Maybe trying to divide up things and responsibilities more evenly?

Hope that helps!

The meetings are great and our teams love having them together, so I don't want to go out on my own just yet...We had said we would each be responsible for a month, so she would do one month, I would do the other...but then I found that I was bringing the supplies (like markers, post-its, etc...) because I could stop on my way (the meetings are in her home). Or if someone was doing a recipe demo during my month, she said I should provide the ingredients so the consultant doesn't have to...but then during her meeting, it was my turn to do the recipe demo and I had to pay for my own ingredients. I just need to be more assertive, I think. Now that I read it it sounds silly and not a big deal...I think it's just a lot of little things adding up. I just need to be more assertive and when I buy something, tell her what it cost and what she owes.

My AD and I do our meetings together. My team and I didnt want to split off from them when I promoted. We were planning meetings together before I promoted bc I told her from the get go that I wanted to be a Director. We now have a Team Leader on my team helping us with the meetings. I consider it part of training to be a Director. We split up who does what section and we both seem to like the same things and think along the same lines so we both do prizes and such. We dont really split costs but yet we do bc we are both providing. I think if either one of us felt the other was doing more then we might be more about making it even, but we are both very generous ppl with our teams.

I do my meetings with my NED and one of her AD's. We chat on the phone about a week before the meeting and decide who is doing what part. We all contribute to the prizes that are given away and alternate bringing recipe ingredients and other products. So far everything seems to be quite fair.

Linda, I'm sure I've asked you before... who is your NED?

1. How often should I be sharing meetings with other directors?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend sharing meetings with other directors at least once a month. This allows for consistent communication and collaboration among the team.

2. What is the purpose of sharing meetings with other directors?

The purpose of sharing meetings with other directors is to foster teamwork, share ideas, and support each other in our roles as leaders at Pampered Chef. It also allows us to stay informed about company updates and initiatives.

3. Do I have to prepare a presentation for the shared meetings?

No, there is no requirement to prepare a formal presentation for shared meetings with other directors. However, you are welcome to share any updates, successes, or challenges from your team if you wish.

4. Can I invite other team members to join the shared meetings with other directors?

Yes, you are welcome to invite other team members to join the shared meetings. This can be a great opportunity for them to learn from other directors and contribute to the discussion.

5. What should I do if I am unable to attend a shared meeting with other directors?

If you are unable to attend a shared meeting, please inform the other directors and provide any updates or information you would have shared. It is also helpful to have a designated backup director who can attend in your place if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
  • DuenFounnyHok