• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!

In summary, the hostess had a party that was supposed to be for 6-8 people, but ended up with only 2 guests. The host offered to do a catalog show instead, but the turnout was not good.
leannvv
Do you have a minimun number of guests you'll have a show for?
I had a party that was supposed to be for 6-8 and turned into 2 the day prior- I really wanted her to re-schedule, but didn't know what I should do/say that close in! Suggestions? This was 25 minutes away and on a Saturday afternoon, so I really hated to give it up for 2 guests!

If someone only had two, I would ask her to reschedule. But, I don't have a minimum. I have had shows where the person says that they have 10, and they only have 2 show... so it's a hard call.... Maybe see if she can turn it into a catalog show? :)

I would have let her know that it would only qualify if the sales end up at $150.00. If it was more than a half an hour drive I would tell her to reschedule. I have only had a couple shows end up with noone but I think I might start telling people a minumum unless of course there are outside orders involved. You could always ask her to change it to a catalog show and give her the rest of the month to get more orders. It will only increase her benefits.

I already did it. Fortunately she got another 3 orders, but is still only at $228!

leannvv said:
I already did it. Fortunately she got another 3 orders, but is still only at $228!
Have you closed the show yet? You can see if you can round up some more orders to add to the show or ask her to. Sorry about that.

I do not have a minimum. I have done several shows with only 2 or 3 guest there. They have turned out good b/c the host collected outside orders. Although I love bigger crowds and bigger orders, I do not want to tell my host that is not enough for me to do a show b/c I do not want them to think they are not just as important to me as my host that have lots of people and orders. Especially because having been a host myself, I know they feel just as bad if not worse than I do about the turn out b/c they are wanting a lot of free stuff.

On my recipe ingredients list that I give in host packets, I state that with less than 8 guests I'll make 1 recipe, with 8 or more I'll make 2 recipes. It's like telling them that I expect more people.

I don't do a minimum but I hope that they got some outside orders.

My friend does "home" shows all the time and a lot of the people she has delt with from other companies have set a number to how many people there needs to be before they will do shows. Interesting idea! Don't know if it would work.

Well, on top of the fact that I would hate to go through a bunch of work and get nothing out of it. I would hate for my host to go through a bunch of work and get nothing out of it.However, I would probably just still hope for the best. I have a show on Thursday and I have no idea what the turnout is going to be. I pray for the bookings tho! :)

It depends where the show is. An hours drive for two guests is not my idea of fun and I would probably ask her to do a catalog show at that point.

It's really at your discretion.

I don't have a minimum. I want my hosts to feel like they are important whether they have 2 guests or 20.

It's hard b/c they could have a lot of RSVPs and no one shows. I did see somewhere on here that a director packs it up if only 2 show.

I am going to start doing express shows so that way, I'm about done with the "work" if there's a poor turnout. That way I can just walk them through the catalog, serve and start packing. I've done enough cooking shows that I don't need to "practice" on 2 ppl b/c they tend to be less attentive anyway.

I was just going to post about what happened tonight at my show when I saw this!

I drove over 70 miles to my show tonight! When I got there the hostess was saying she wasn't sure who might be coming...she ended up with only a neighbor and the past host! I "joked" with her asking "Did she know how far away I live?"

Well, I made the best of it! I said we weren't going to do a regular show so tell me...What does this bowl do?, What about the chopper?, Why does everyone need a stone? The past host was ON IT! I gave her the "Experience Success" flyer. Asked her "If you were going to work a part time job with this how many days a week would you want to work?" She replied "One, maybe two." I made myself not throw up information on her, and I left with her signed agreement form!

Needless to say, I am very glad that I did not cancel because it was so far away and only two guest were attending! YEAH!!!!

I would do the show. Especially if she has over $200 in outside orders. You have to remain possitive. What if one of the people coming wants all new cookware or a bunch of stoneware? Or just bought a new house and needs all new stuff for the kitchen? What if one of the guests is looking for a new part time job? Whenever this happens, I take the opportunity to try some new stuff or a different way of doing a show. Sometimes I make them participate in the demo so they can use the stuff. Which is a lot easier to do with a small group of people. Your host can still collect some outside orders and turn it into a great show and you never know about the opportunities that you may have loss.

I would do a show as well with no minimum. Like was mentioned before, you have to have some consideration for your host too. I have traveled over 300 miles for shows. It is a tax deduction for me (although my TD's right now are far more plentiful than my commissions). The host gets nothing for all her time and effort he/she put into a show if it is a non show. I totally understand your frustrations however, customer service is just that...and she is still a customer.
Valky

My cousin did a show for me and I told her I needed 10 to make a good go at it (she is family so I was able to sort of ask her for specifics). Anyway, other than my aunt and her two other people showed up...so in reality 2 guests. Both became booking leads and both spent nearly £100 each, so not at all a bad night. I got some good practice in and had a fun night.

If I ever show up to a small show (did one last week with 4 guests) I use it as an opportunity to try out some new things as it's not so stressful.

I don't have a minmum for show attendance, I have had three people at a show and had a $500 dollar show....... anyless than three I recommend to the hostess that a catalog show would probley be best.. or trying to rescudule it for a differnt date if possible!!

What is the "Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!" promotion?

The "Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef where hosts can earn extra rewards by having at least two guests attend their party.

How do I qualify for the "Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!" promotion?

To qualify for this promotion, you must be a host of a Pampered Chef party and have at least two guests attend your party. Your guests must also place an order during the party for you to receive the extra rewards.

What are the extra rewards I can earn through this promotion?

The extra rewards for the "Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!" promotion vary depending on the total sales from your party. You can earn free products, discounts, and even half-priced items.

Can I still earn the regular host rewards in addition to the "Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!" promotion rewards?

Yes, as a host, you can earn both the regular host rewards and the extra rewards from the "Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!" promotion. This means even more benefits for hosting a successful party with two or more guests.

How long is the "Two Guests? Don't Give Up Your Party!" promotion valid?

This promotion is only valid for a limited time, so be sure to check with your Pampered Chef consultant for the exact dates. Don't miss out on the opportunity to earn extra rewards for your party!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KivaSlade
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
patty42240
Replies
Views
nay62
  • BadGirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies