• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Identify a Pastry Made on a Round Stone

leaving a spoke-like shape4. Arrange dough strips over filling, pressing ends to seal at center and outer edges. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes5. For glaze, combine sugar and milk; mix until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake. Cut into wedges and serve warm
pampchefmom2002
I have a host who would like me to make a recipe that I am not familiar with. She says it is a pastry, made on the lg. round stone. It is made with the pastry dough, or resent rolls, and there is fruit wrapped up in the dough. Does anyone know what this might be? Thanks!

Could be the Fruit Pizza:

Fruit Pizza

1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups assorted fresh fruit such as strawberries, bananas, kiwi, blueberries, etc (any fruit really)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place dough on round baking stone and cook 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool. For topping, combine cream cheese and sugar and spread over cookie dough, then start placing on the

Thanks, but i don't think it is a pizza. She said that the fruit is wrapped up in the dough. The pizza would be a good alternative though, I would think.

You might check out the file "Fillings for Rings Braids and Wreaths.doc " to find it and other braid recipes:

1. Click on files
2. Type Braid in the Search box
3. Click GO

pampchefmom2002 said:
I have a host who would like me to make a recipe that I am not familiar with. She says it is a pastry, made on the lg. round stone. It is made with the pastry dough, or resent rolls, and there is fruit wrapped up in the dough. Does anyone know what this might be? Thanks!

could it be the fruity cheese coffee cake? I made one before for a brunch and it called for cresent rolls, cream cheese and canned peaches and it looks like it's "wrapped" inside the dough after you place the fruit ontop of the rolls then layer strips ontop. :)

Ps. Here is the recipe if this is what she is infact looking for:

PEACHY CHEESE COFFEE CAKE
(All the Best; P. 67)

This coffee cake is a variation of the celebrated Cherty Cheese Coffee Cake, a recipe that has been one of our favorites for years.

Coffee Cake Filling
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract 1 can (21 ounces) peach, cherry or apple pie filling

Glaze
½ cup powdered sugar
2-3 teaspoons milk

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles, reserving four triangles for decoration. On Large Round Stone, arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of baking stone and points toward the center. (Points will not meet.) Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller TM, roll dough to a 14-inch circle, pressing seams together to seal. (There should be a 3-inch-diameter opening in center.) Form a slightly raised rim along inner and outer edges of dough.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg yolk and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Spoon pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.

3. Using Pizza Cutter, cut each remaining dough triangle lengthwise into three strips. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke-like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes.

4. For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk; mix until smooth. Drizzle evenly over coffee cake. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 370 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 3 fat (2 carb)

Mmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to ask her if that is what she had in mind. If not, sure sounds yummy!

Thank you!

Could also be the Cherry Cheese Ring. this is an OLD recipe! Cherry Cheese Ring Ring and Filling
2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls’
1 pkg. cream cheese softened
¼ cup pwd. sugar
1 egg
½ tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1 can cherry pie filling Glaze
½ cup pwd. sugar
2-3 tsp. milk 1. Preheat oven to 350*
Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles; reserve 4 triangles for decoration. On a large round stone, arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of baking stone and points toward the center. Using lightly floured pizza roller, roll dough to 14 “ circle, pressing seams together to seal and leaving a 3 inch hole in the center 2. For filling, in a bowl, combine cream cheese, icing sugar, egg and vanilla. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within ½ inch of the eggs: top with pie filling 3. Using pizza cutter, cut each remaining triangle into thirds, staring at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges 4. Place baking stone on Large Rack. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown: cool slightly. For glaze, mix icing sugar and milk until smooth: drizzle over ring.

The cherry cheese ring is so yummy!

1. What is a round stone and how is it used for baking pastries?

A round stone is a baking tool made of natural or ceramic material that is used to evenly distribute heat and absorb excess moisture while baking. It is placed in the oven and preheated before placing the pastry on top for baking.

2. How can I tell if a pastry was made on a round stone?

Pastry made on a round stone will have a crispy and evenly browned crust, as well as a flakier and more tender texture compared to pastries baked on a traditional baking sheet. Additionally, the bottom of the pastry may have small markings from the stone.

3. Can I use a round stone for all types of pastries?

While a round stone is ideal for baking pies, tarts, and other flat pastries, it may not be suitable for taller or heavier pastries such as cakes or breads. It is best to consult the specific recipe or a Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations.

4. Do I need to preheat the round stone before baking on it?

Yes, it is important to preheat the round stone in the oven before placing the pastry on top. This ensures that the stone is evenly heated and allows for proper baking and browning of the pastry.

5. How do I clean and care for my round stone?

To clean your round stone, let it cool completely before rinsing with warm water and using a plastic scraper or scrub brush to remove any residue. Avoid using soap as it can absorb into the stone and affect the taste of future baked goods. To prevent cracking, do not soak the stone in water or expose it to extreme temperature changes. Store in a cool, dry place when not in use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• michelletx
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ChefSuzieQ