• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Out a New Flavor Cake - What Frosting & Garnish Suggestions?

In summary, this new flavor for me.. anyone have any suggestion what frosting to serve it with (it shows white) I have cream cheese (MY fave) or how to make a wow factor cake? :P Need to make it for a family dinner party. I have marchiaro cherries I think.. should I add that to the frosting as garnish??? :PBetty Crocker I think?I would think a Vanilla or Cream Cheese would be perfectly fine. And it would probably be pretty if you put a cherry or two in the center/top. (I'm envisioning a round cake on our pedestal. ;) )
heat123
Silver Member
This is a new flavor for me.. anyone have any suggestion what frosting to serve it with (it shows white) I have cream cheese (MY fave) or how to make a wow factor cake? :p Need to make it for a family dinner party. I have marchiaro cherries I think.. should I add that to the frosting as garnish??? :p Has anyone ever eaten this flavor before? It's white with red chips in it... Betty crocker I think?

I would think a Vanilla or Cream Cheese would be perfectly fine. And it would probably be pretty if you put a cherry or two in the center/top. (I'm envisioning a round cake on our pedestal. ;) )I've not had the flavor before...closest I've had is Strawberry. (which was surprisingly good). Good luck!

Or melted choc somehow swirled on the frosting ? or choc chips added to it ??? IDK, just trying to be creative. :p

I say make a vanilla frosting and add the chopped cherries to it, use the juice to give it a pretty pink color

My favorite cake as a child - always requested it for my birthday, and my husbands favorite to this day.

We both agree, the perfect frosting for a Cherry Chip Cake is Marshmallow Frosting (or 7 minute frosting...whatever you call it...it's a cooked frosting that you mix with electric beaters.)

Becky, that sounds delicious! Do you have a recipe for the marshmallow frosting?

Thanks ladies. I think I will use my fave cream cheese frosting.. garnish it with cherries and chocolate ganash swirls. :p Hope it's tastey!

Humble Beginnings said:
I say make a vanilla frosting and add the chopped cherries to it, use the juice to give it a pretty pink color

Watch out using the juice from a bottle of maraschino cherries. I have a friend who every year makes a white frosting and using maraschino cherry juice as the liquid. And every year the frosting slides off the cake onto the serving plate.

Just be careful. ;)

I have been wanting to make a cherry chip cake or cupcakes with a home made butter cream frosting. All these other frostings sound really good too.

I use chocolate buttercream and decorate with chocolate dipped maraschino cherries (make sure they are dry)

Teresa Lynn said:
I use chocolate buttercream and decorate with chocolate dipped maraschino cherries (make sure they are dry)

I thought about choc. frosting too?:rolleyes: Choc. and cherry combo sounds kinda good.:)

Ps. I didn't get to make the cake that night... some1 else made dessert. So I will have to wait to find out what this Cherry chip is all about another time! :p

Also, I do chopped up Almonds in the frosting or just chop up a large chocolate Hershey bar with Almonds and fold that into the cream cheese frosting, yum yum!!

1. What is a good frosting to pair with a chocolate cake?

A classic pairing for chocolate cake is a rich and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting. For a more unique option, try a dark chocolate ganache or a salted caramel frosting.

2. What type of frosting is best for a light and fluffy lemon cake?

A light and fluffy lemon cake pairs well with a tangy lemon cream cheese frosting or a light and airy whipped cream frosting. You can also try a lemon glaze for a simpler option.

3. Can I use any type of frosting on a carrot cake?

Carrot cake pairs well with a variety of frostings, such as cream cheese, vanilla buttercream, or a spiced cream cheese frosting. You can also top it with a sprinkle of chopped nuts or shredded coconut for added texture.

4. What type of frosting should I use for a red velvet cake?

A traditional red velvet cake is typically paired with a tangy cream cheese frosting. For a twist, you can also try a white chocolate cream cheese frosting or a vanilla buttercream frosting.

5. What is a good garnish to use on a strawberry cake?

Fresh sliced strawberries make a beautiful and delicious garnish for a strawberry cake. You can also use strawberry slices, chocolate curls, or a dusting of powdered sugar for a simple touch. For a more decadent option, try topping with whipped cream or a drizzle of strawberry glaze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lovemytools
Replies