• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying for Weeks to Close This Show!

In summary, the host has been MIA for over a month and the deadline for an incentive is coming up. The host's customer has been trying to reach her and has sent messages and offered to drive out to her house to pick up the checks, but the host has not responded. The customer is considering submitting the show and is worried about looking bad.
pcheftammy
I had a show on the 16th and finally got the last of the orders last Monday. I have been waiting for payment every since. It's over $300 that I am waiting for. I have been calling and emailing my host and she is not returning my calls. I am kind of ticked because today is the deadline for the incentive. I've even offered to drive out to her house again to pick up the checks, if it is more convenient. By the time this happens it is going to be over a month since she starting taking orders and I am going to look bad. What do you do?

Tammy

If you have the funds to cover the checks you are missing, submit the show and have it sent to your house. If you still have to choose the free product, email and call the host and tell her that you have to have it in by today and if she doesn't contact you by a certain time, you have no choice but to choose the product for her. Also, contact the guests and let them know that you keep missing the host and that their orders have been submitted and should be here soon. You might want to include a $5 off their next order or free SB or something for their time.

Perhaps you should call and ask (leave a message) if she would like to make the phone calls to her guests letting them know the show had not been closed and will be delayed or would she rather you make these calls.

personally, i wouldn't submit any shows until you have all the money. I know you may miss out on the double points, but I would not risk covering a show for $300. That's just too much. If it was less than $50, maybe, but I think you need to contact the guests who you haven't received payment from, explain the situation to them, and see if they can submit another form of payment.

I'd never be able to cover the missing checks.

But I would contact the guests to let them know that the delay is because I haven't been able to get in touch with the host.

I did have a host go MIA despite my repeated attempts to contact her. Luckily I wasn't missing guest payments so I submitted the show under my name.

And told the host that because it was such a long delay I couldn't hold her guests orders any longer, and when she finally did get in touch with me (she placed a $100+ order) I gave her 10% off that and any future order.

Most likely if you call her back and let her know that you'll be getting in touch with the guest and will be working to submit the order with or without her she'll give you a call back. Hopefully she didn't "borrow" their money until her next payday.

I would NOT cover the cost. I would call and tell your host you are needing to submit it for the Feb special. I always tell my host the show has to be submitted by the last day of the month for the current month specials. This month I did tell them b/c of the promotion it was extended a few days. I do not tell them you can submit a whole month later and still get the special. this cuts down on delays drastically.

I would not take the chance myself. You just never know if you will get your money back and then you may have double points but all your commission would be going to cover cost. I only cover cost if I is someone I know very close personally and have No doubt of them paying me back and then of course there are no guarantees.

You could always ask the host if she wants to put it on her debit or credit card and she could just put the checks into her account and neither one of you have to pick up or drop off.

I agree, I wouldn't cover the cost either, even if I could afford it. It's not worth the double points. Leave her a message and tell her she has til 6 pm tonight to submit her order. Def. call the guests and explain the delay..

I guess I just needed to vent, because my host just returned my call. I told her I could not guarantee her guests all their products after today because some items were being discontinued. She is giving me her credit card and all is well!
Thanks!

Related to Trying for Weeks to Close This Show!

1. How can I get more guests to attend my show?

One way to get more guests to attend your show is to offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, for guests who bring a friend. You can also promote your show through social media, word of mouth, and sending out invitations.

2. What are some tips for getting more sales at my show?

One tip for getting more sales at your show is to demonstrate the products and highlight their features and benefits. You can also offer special deals and promotions, as well as encourage guests to try the products and share their positive experiences with others.

3. How can I make my show more interactive and engaging?

To make your show more interactive and engaging, you can incorporate games, quizzes, and activities that involve the products. You can also encourage guests to participate by asking them to share their own cooking tips and techniques using the products.

4. What are some ways to follow up with guests after the show?

Following up with guests after the show is important for building relationships and potentially getting future sales. You can follow up through email, phone calls, or social media, thanking them for attending and offering any special deals or promotions.

5. How can I encourage guests to host their own shows?

One way to encourage guests to host their own shows is to offer them incentives, such as free products or discounts, for booking a show. You can also share success stories from previous hosts and emphasize the benefits of hosting, such as getting free products and having a fun and interactive gathering with friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • heather223
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies