• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting My Terrible Floral CuPampered Chefake 'Pan

about 2 years ago I had the same problem & the solution that I found was to use a greased cookie sheet instead of the pan. Put the batter in the greased cookie sheet & then put it in the oven. It worked like a charm!
Brandie
I am having a terrible time with my floral cupcake "pan." The first couple of time I used it, I had no problems whatsoever--the cupcakes bounced right out and looked perfect. The last few times I have used it, however, I've gotten one or two decent-looking cupcakes and 10 or 11 really mushed, ugly, broken ones :eek: . I have tried changing what I used as a greasing agent (I started with Pam, then olive oil, the vegetable oil, then nothing--yes, I have made A LOT of ugly cupcakes recently), and I've tried using different cake mixes (devil's food, strawberry, vanilla, and yellow--again--lots of ugly cupcakes). Can anyone offer a suggestion? I wanted to have about six dozen to take to a mom's group for which I am doing a show (which I hope will generate loads of bookings), but I certainly can't take the ones I have been making!

Thanks so much!

I don't know what to tell you, honey! I've used mine several times and haven't had a problem. I would say check the oven. My only problem with this product is clean up. Mine has started to get that Pam build up on the top (flat side). It doesn't wash off in the dishwasher. I can rub it off with my fingers, but it takes awhile.

I hope you can figure it out!

I've only made cupcakes in mine one time and was disappointed in the way they looked. However, when I make pancakes, chocolate or the sticky cakes in the Season's Best, they turn out great. I have a customer that makes the sour cream pound cakes (recipe came with the pan) all the time and she says they look great. Maybe our cupcake pan is just bad with cupcakes :rolleyes:

I use Pam and they come out OK and most of them in one piece. The trouble that I've had with mine is that they are not flat on the bottom - AT ALL!! I've tried tapping the pan on the counter to settle the mix before putting it in the oven and that hasn't helped either...

At conference last summer, I went to the New Products workshop, and they said to use Pam not oil because the oil would slide to the bottom of the wells instead of adhering to the sides. That is the only product that I have ever heard them say to use Pam on instead of oil.

Brandie said:
I am having a terrible time with my floral cupcake "pan." The first couple of time I used it, I had no problems whatsoever--the cupcakes bounced right out and looked perfect. The last few times I have used it, however, I've gotten one or two decent-looking cupcakes and 10 or 11 really mushed, ugly, broken ones :eek: . I have tried changing what I used as a greasing agent (I started with Pam, then olive oil, the vegetable oil, then nothing--yes, I have made A LOT of ugly cupcakes recently), and I've tried using different cake mixes (devil's food, strawberry, vanilla, and yellow--again--lots of ugly cupcakes). Can anyone offer a suggestion? I wanted to have about six dozen to take to a mom's group for which I am doing a show (which I hope will generate loads of bookings), but I certainly can't take the ones I have been making!

Thanks so much!

I have used mine ALOT & lately no matter what I try to cook in it they seem to come out weird. Yesterday I made a batch of brownies & the first batch all stuck. Sprayed the day lights out of it & made another batch & they came out fine. I also have ALOT of build up all over mine as well. I even bought a 2nd one to take to my shows...:eek: I used the new yesterday at a show for pancakes, whenthey were done, I held my breath & they fell out wonderful!!:) Still trying to figure out what went wrong...

I have had issues too, and I think the secret is waiting until they're cool to take them out. If they're too hot, it's easy to break them. I've had better luck when I've exercised more patience!

speedychef said:
I have had issues too, and I think the secret is waiting until they're cool to take them out. If they're too hot, it's easy to break them. I've had better luck when I've exercised more patience!

but is yours all gunky as well?

I'm not sure what you mean by gunky, but the top of it is getting brown (I'm guessing from the cooking spray baking on) The insides clean out really well when I throw it in the dishwasher...

I know what you mean about the flat bottoms--here's what I have done (prior to my current issues...): put in a little more batter, and let them rise up over the top a bit. Then, once the've cooled, use your bread knife to cut the "muffin tops" off. Viola! Flat bottoms!

Mine isn't too gunky, but I wash it by hand every time, and scrub and scrub and scrub.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll go back to using Pam, and maybe I'll just try something other than cupcakes. :)

speedychef said:
I'm not sure what you mean by gunky, but the top of it is getting brown (I'm guessing from the cooking spray baking on) The insides clean out really well when I throw it in the dishwasher...

like an oil film, maybe from using too much spray...i've soaked & soaked it. scrubed it,,,lol..my DH said to me today, I tried cleaning your pan, but it doesnt want to come clean....so I'll judt continue to use it at home & when I have another brunch, I'll take the new one....:rolleyes:

I noticed that if I don't leave them in long enough, and they are still a bit "gooey" inside, they do not come out of the pan good. Also, if you DON"T use butter like the sticky caramel cakes calls for, it does not come out well.
Have you called the test kitchens to see if they can tell you anything?
Athena

I just look at the buildup as seasoning...I never use PAM. It's why I bought my kitchen spritzer, I don't want to put the propellant into the air, and I don't want another darn thing clogging up the landfills not to mention my cabinet! I know, that's a little cuckoo, but I LOVE my kitchen spritzer and it kind of bugs me that they say to use PAM.

The first time I used it, I was having a discussion with a fellow PC and she said to use PAM and I told her I didn't have it. She was like, "I don't know..." and in the midst of the discussion and all I forgot to spray it at all. That was honestly the best batch I've made! I've only made the sticky cakes, though. I have a brunch coming up and I'm contemplating the pancakes, but how does just plain old cake mix turn out? I feel like it should be dense like the sticky cakes in order to get good definition, but I don't know...

I put olive oil on a paper towel and then quickly rub each cup. I have yet to have a problem with them. Also, I think the medium scoop is the perfect measurement so the liquid will not come over the top and your muffins should lay flat.

Good Luck!

The two problems I had were (1) not getting the batter into all the nooks and crannies and (2) leaving parts of the flowers behind in the pan.

To solve problem 1, I not-so-gently tap the pan on the counter before baking to force batter into the pan.

To solve problem 2, I cool them well before trying to remove them.

Now I rarely have trouble.

OK...will try that, but is yours funky at all?

Who were you asking, Ginger? Mine are fine.

raebates said:
Who were you asking, Ginger? Mine are fine.

Sorry Rae...I was asking you, thanks for answering....:D :D :D

No problem. Hope it helps.

I just made 6 dozen cupcakes over the weekend - had no problems at all! But, I let them cool for about 3 minutes, and invert onto the cooling rack. When I remove the pan, I shake it a little from side to side...they all popped out fine! I didn't use any PAM or anything. Sorry to be of no help!

wipe the surface before bakingAfter spraying with Pam or anything really, wipe the flat surface clean to prevent the build up on the surface before adding the mixture to the cupcake wells. This should eliminate most problems.

Strengthens is spelled incorrectly in your quote.

I used mines twice and I used eevo in my spritz and they came out great.
I also push the cups up when I washed it, because when I used it the first time and felt a little embrased because there was crumbs in some places.

Irene

I just noticed this weekend that mine has a hole in one of the cups on the outer ring! It looks like a burn hole. (No--haven't used toothpicks to test for doneness!!) Haven't gotten around to doing the product adjustment yet.

When they first came out I had a customer point out that mine had a small hole in the bottom of on the cups. It looks like there was a bubble when they poured it into the mold. HO replaced it no problem

okay, for everyone that has this product, is it really worth getting? I've been thinking about it but I"m hesitant because I hear of all the problems. One of my big concerns was that the bottoms would be round and I don't really want to have to cut the bottoms off my cupcakes! What do you think, is it worth it??

The cupcakes will sit flat if you take them out of the oven and immediately put the cooling rack on top of the pan. Let it cool for about 5 minutes, then flip the pan and rack over together and finish cooling,. Then pop the cakes out,.

To solve the rounded bottom problem, I put a couple of my silicone hot pads on top while it's cooling and then put my round stone on top. It has made a huge difference and makes them a little more dense! Also, make sure you are using a level off large scoop. As for the build up on the flat surface, I wipe excess off before I put it in the oven.

Thanks for the info on the flat bottoms! I think I may get it after all!

I really love my silicone pan. I let the cupcakes cool before I pop them out, and as Christy said flipping them onto the cooling rack gives them a nice flat bottom. I've found that a darker batter looks better, especially when drizzled with a thin white glaze. I'm going to make the chocolate cream filled cakes this weekend.

pamperedinAlaska said:
I really love my silicone pan. I let the cupcakes cool before I pop them out, and as Christy said flipping them onto the cooling rack gives them a nice flat bottom. I've found that a darker batter looks better, especially when drizzled with a thin white glaze. I'm going to make the chocolate cream filled cakes this weekend.

PLEASE let me know how they come out.....TIA:D

I made the chocolate filled cream cakes and they are awesome! I found that the filling kind of 'floats' up to the top (which is actually the bottom once turned out) eventhough I tried to push it down before baking. It ends up being the same color as the cake so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I haven't had any problems removing the cupcakes, but I have only made our recipes in them including peanut butter cups. I didn't oil the pan at all for them and they came out. I do have the same problem with build up on the top of the pan too. I am afraid to use anything too harsh on it. Silicone can scratch, so I don't want to ruin my pan.

Good luck!

Thanks...I gotta try them...

1. How can I prevent my cupcakes from sticking to the floral cupcake pan?

The key to preventing cupcakes from sticking to the pan is proper greasing. Make sure to thoroughly coat the inside of the pan with a non-stick cooking spray or a thin layer of oil. You can also try using cupcake liners for added insurance against sticking.

2. What could be causing my cupcakes to become mushed and ugly?

There are a few possible reasons for this issue. First, make sure you are not overfilling the cups in the pan. Too much batter can cause the cupcakes to expand and overflow, resulting in a messy, uneven appearance. Additionally, make sure your oven is properly preheated and that you are baking the cupcakes for the recommended time. Over or under-baking can also affect the appearance and texture of the cupcakes.

3. Is it necessary to use a specific type of cake mix for the floral cupcake pan?

No, you can use any type of cake mix with the floral cupcake pan. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box and adjust the baking time accordingly.

4. Can I use any type of greasing agent for the floral cupcake pan?

While non-stick cooking spray or oil are the recommended greasing agents for the floral cupcake pan, you can also try using butter or shortening. Just make sure to evenly coat the pan to prevent sticking.

5. What else can I do to ensure my cupcakes come out perfectly with the floral cupcake pan?

In addition to proper greasing and baking techniques, you can also try tapping the pan on a flat surface before putting it in the oven. This helps remove any air bubbles in the batter and can result in a smoother cupcake. You can also try using a toothpick or knife to gently loosen the edges of the cupcakes before removing them from the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • rebeccastt