• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silicone Floral CuPampered Chefake Pan

In summary, the author used the muffin mix to make show-worthy desserts for this month. She used the floral cupcake pan and found success with it. She also suggested various ideas for using the muffin mix and the floral cupcake pan.
raebates
Staff member
I did muffins in this for my shows this month. Of course, the muffin mix doesn't fill all 12. I've tried various things in the empty cups, which led me to a wonderful discovery:

Floral Biscuits!

I used the really cheap biscuits. I pushed one deep into each of the empty wells. They were beautiful. I could so see using these to decorate a breakfast buffet. I also think they'd be cute for a Mother's Day breakfast for biscuits and gravy.

Need idea! So you did the refrigerated dough, right? I love the pan...pretty without the work, but it's great to give MORE ideas! Thanks!

I continue to love the simple brownies made with three eggs, and other ingredients
on the box. Then I add a teaspoon of peanut butter chips. They were a big hit today,
and I got 18 from one box mix. I only sprayed and used 6 cups on the second batch.
I did not put anything into the empty cups, and they did not appear to suffer for being empty.

I, too, made brownies in there. I added some "andes mints" baking pieces to the batter. They were so good. They stayed so moist inside.

Here are a few things I do with mine:

I take butter and let it sit at room temperature and then fill a few cups and place it in the freezer to harden again and make it easier to take out. I then serve floral butter at my brunches.

I also make my banana loaf in the muffin cups instead of a loaf pan.

Any suggestions for success with these pans? I don't have the floral pan yet, but had a customer who was having trouble with hers. Said she tried muffins and brownies I think and both stuck all over the pan. Without using it myself I don't feel as though I was much help. Thanks for any tips!

The main trick is to make sure every nook and cranny is oiled. Second, you have to let whatever you've baked cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Seriously. It's a must. Otherwise, the details stay in the pan when you turn your baked goods out.

I'm now imagining a rose-themed brunch--rose biscuits, rose butter, rose ice floating in the water and OJ pitchers. Lovely.

I am doing the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake for a cake and coffee theme show tomorrow night. I had seen in a magazine a while back to scoop ice cream into a muffin pan ahead of time to have individual servings. I thought this would be a great idea for the floral cupcake pan. I don't have ice cream on hand right now to give it a try, but I will be picking some up for the show when I shop tomorrow morning. I guess i'll have time to try it, since the show isn't until 6:30PM.
Has anyone tried something like this with any success??

Ice cream works well with the floral cupcake pan! I've served some at show with the summer berry recipe.

At my last cluster meeting a director showed us how she melts white chocolate with food coloring & makes beautiful pink chocolate flowers that she wraps up & gives to her hosts in May for HWC.

my upline talked about doing little meatloafs in hers then she freezes them individually for dh lunches. also what about cheese balls or should i say cheese flowers?

These are really great ideas~I want to try them and share them with my customers!!

Thanks for sharing ladies! I haven't had mine out in months---I'm going to have to bring it out of the closet and try some of these.

Do you have to oil the pan for the pink chocolate flowers or only when you are baking?

Here's another question about the floral cupcakes. I had a host make a batch of lemon poppy seed muffins. They turned out great, came out of the silicone great.... but since the muffins raised they would not stand up! A flower on the bottom and the raised bottom made them look like weeble wobbles.
Any tips/suggestions?

I make these but cut the bottom part (raised part) flat before serving...

I trim the bottoms, too, if they're too round. That happens often with muffins.

raebates said:
I'm now imagining a rose-themed brunch--rose biscuits, rose butter, rose ice floating in the water and OJ pitchers. Lovely.

Sitting Pretty with Mom? I love the theme........just in time for Mom! Thanks for all the tips!

Do I flour after I oil? Mine are on the cooling rack right now but are giving me the impression they aren't going to pop out! I have another batch ready to go (its cake batter).Thanks!

No flour is necessary. As a matter of fact, flour can keep them from looking good.

I still have struggled with this pan and the product coming out of them. Any more suggestions? I made one good batch and have already sold 2 of these because of it but now I can't duplicate it. DH got the successful ones out and I have tried unsuccessfully two more times since!

I don't own this product but a hostess I had a couple of weeks ago does and she made some cakes for her party with this pan. She said she sprays the inside of the pan and then pushes them out with her finger from the underside. Hers seemed to turn out great.

junkfortara said:
Here's another question about the floral cupcakes. I had a host make a batch of lemon poppy seed muffins. They turned out great, came out of the silicone great.... but since the muffins raised they would not stand up! A flower on the bottom and the raised bottom made them look like weeble wobbles.
Any tips/suggestions?

One of my consultants discovered you can push them down with the tart shaper right after you take them out of the oven. Doesn't mess up the top, and flattens the bottom!

I use pan spray first. After cakes come out of the oven, I let them sit on a rack for 10 minutes before popping them out of pan (I invert the pan over the large cutting board). The only time I haven't had them pop out is when I tried to get them out too soon. Good luck!;)

Patty Davis said:
One of my consultants discovered you can push them down with the tart shaper right after you take them out of the oven. Doesn't mess up the top, and flattens the bottom!
I cut off the puffy part with a serrated knife to make them all sit flat.

Would you use "Pam" type spray or oil from our kitchen spritzer?

dkitten13 said:
I still have struggled with this pan and the product coming out of them. Any more suggestions? I made one good batch and have already sold 2 of these because of it but now I can't duplicate it. DH got the successful ones out and I have tried unsuccessfully two more times since!

I too, struggle with the silicone pans. The only thing I seem to be able to make in the crown cake pan is a pineapple upside down cake.

The batter needs to be a little stiffer, I find. Try reducing your liquid by 1/8 cup and see if it doesn't work better.Also: CRISCO BAKING, or BAKER'S SECRET for sure. And, cool only 2 minutes before turning it out.

I used our kitchen spritzer and they came out pretty good once totally cooled. Howvever, a word to the wise, I think the problem was with a no name cake mix. The two times it worked - brand name - two times it didn't - no name.

I compiled the ideas you all had with some I already had on file into a Word doc you can print for your customers. At the bottom, just change my contact info into yours! Thanks for all of the great tips!

Attachments

• SILICONE FLORAL CUPCAKE PAN.doc
    30 KB · Views: 416
Patty, this is fantastic, thanks!

dkitten13 said:
Would you use "Pam" type spray or oil from our kitchen spritzer?

The silicone cookware is the only pans I will use Pam spray's on, because the oil in the kitchen spritzer seems to roll down the silicone and not stick to the sides.

1. Can I use the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan for other baked goods besides cupcakes and muffins?

Yes, the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is versatile and can be used for a variety of baked goods, including biscuits, mini quiches, and even mini cheesecakes.

2. How many cups does the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan have?

The pan has 12 cups, making it perfect for making a dozen cupcakes or muffins at once.

3. Is the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the pan is made of FDA-approved silicone material that is heat-resistant up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it safe to use in the oven.

4. Can the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan be used in the microwave?

No, the pan is not suitable for use in the microwave as it is not recommended to expose silicone to direct heat.

5. How do I clean the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan?

The pan is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water for best results and to extend the lifespan of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • tabnat80