• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Email Invitations: Addressing SPAM Filter Issues

In summary, email invitations through the PC website have not been as successful as hoped. Many people have had problems with spam filters detecting the HTML code and links in the invitations, and as a result, many have not been sent. Suggestions for improving the success of the invitations have been offered, and one suggestion is to have the host send a reminder to their personal inbox.
RMDave
Gold Member
What has been the general response to email invitations being sent through the PC website?

Mine has not been terrific. One host sent out 100 invitations. A week later we had to send out 80 of them again because people hadn't received them. SPAM Filters. Lots of the html code and links in the invitations sets off SPAM filters. AOL (as an example) has their layer of filters preventing some things from not even reaching a users email ... then users set their own SPAM filters and that cuts out many that get by AOL's filters.

I generally ask the host to write a simple invitation and I send it out with the subject line: From Dee Dee Johnson and then explain in the first line that because of SPAM filters, many people didn't receive Dee Dee's initial invitations.

Suggestions? Experiences? Help, Help, HELP?!?!?

Thanks!

Dave

It is frustrating Dave! After the initial evite, I tend to ask hosts to send an evite reminder to their personal inbox. When they receive it, they can forward to everyone they know. I also tell them that they can tell their friends they can log onto my PWS and type in host name.

I do not send invites via the PWS because of what you describe. I add myself as the only guest, log in as the host, then email an invite to me. I then take that invite (deleted the reply buttons) and forward it to my host for her to then forward to her friends directly from her email address. They are more likely to open it that way and actually receive it!

Last edited:
Thanks all. Great ideas.

DebbieJ said:
I do not send invites via the PWS because of what you describe.

I add myself as the only guest, log in as the host, then email an invite to me. I then take that invite (deleted the reply buttons) and forward it to my host for her to then forward to her friends directly from her email address. They are more likely to open it that way and actually receive it!

Debbie, can they reply that way then if they get it from the actual host rather than the website itself? I may start doing that. One of my hosts sent out about 60 evites from my site for a catalog show and I bet 50 of those haven't been opened for that reason, the spam.

They can reply a normal reply to the host about their RSVP, but the link won't work for each person replying. The PWS won't recognize each individual, because their addresses weren't entered into the PWS and the invite wasn't sent individually.

I have the hostess go ahead and add the emails on my pws. Then before the show, I send out an invitation from my personal pampered chef email. In the subject, I put "Cooking Show Invitation (sent on behalf of _____). That way the subject cannot be flagged as spam. This has worked well for last minute reminders/rsvps. I just need to send it out sooner than a day before the show!

chefsteph07 said:
Debbie, can they reply that way then if they get it from the actual host rather than the website itself? I may start doing that. One of my hosts sent out about 60 evites from my site for a catalog show and I bet 50 of those haven't been opened for that reason, the spam.

They just hit reply and email the host their RSVP. You cannot keep track of it on the PWS this way, but you DO ensure that the email was received and read!

I don't have my hosts use the PWS. I suggest the go on "evite.com" and use it for free. There is a "cooking utensil" icon that can be used. it usually isn't filtered! I try mostly to mail out the invites "snail mail" with mini catalogs! Hope that helps!

What are online invitations and how do they work?

Online invitations are digital invitations that are sent via email or social media instead of being printed and mailed. They usually include a link to an online RSVP form for guests to respond. To use online invitations, you would need to create an account with an online invitation service and customize your invitation with event details and design options. Then, you can send the invitation to your guest list and track RSVPs online.

Can I personalize my online invitations?

Yes, most online invitation services allow you to personalize your invitations with event details, photos, and design options. You can also often choose from a variety of templates and themes to match the style of your event. Some services also offer the option to customize text fonts and colors.

Do I need to pay for online invitations?

It depends on the online invitation service you choose. Some services offer free options with limited features, while others require a subscription or one-time fee for full access to all design and tracking features. Additionally, some services may charge per guest for larger events. Consider your budget and needs when choosing an online invitation service.

Can I track RSVPs with online invitations?

Yes, most online invitation services offer the ability to track RSVPs in real-time. This means you can see who has opened the invitation, who has responded, and any comments or notes from guests. This can help you keep track of attendance and manage your guest list more efficiently.

Are online invitations eco-friendly?

Yes, using online invitations can be a more environmentally friendly option than traditional paper invitations. By not printing and mailing physical invitations, you are reducing paper waste and carbon emissions from transportation. Plus, many online invitation services offer digital options for save-the-dates and thank you cards as well, further reducing paper usage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila