• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Joy's Tips for Avoiding Spam Filters: A Guide for Email Marketers

In summary, the coworker forwarded an email to themselves and also sent it to 3 other people. The email was blocked by the spam filter because it was sent to too many people.
paigev71
I was talking to a single male coworker today about Pampered Chef so I decided to forward him my Tasty Tidbits newsletter. While I was sending it to him, I also sent it to 2 other coworkers who aren't customers yet but I hope they will be. I got 3 undelivered messages back saying I had been blocked by the Barracuda Spam filter (their words, not mine). Is it because I sent it to 3 of them? I had sent it to myself when I first forwarded it to customers and had to dig it out of my junk folder, but a customer at work said she had gotten it just fine. How can we avoid these type things? Has anyone else discovered any solution to Spam filters? I posted this here instead of emailing Joy personally in case someone had some tips she might not know about. Thanks!

From you to someone else, the deliverability depends on your email and your receiver's email. They are really cracking down on spam these days - so much so that legit emails can't get through. Did you receivers have you in their address book? One other thing that irks me is that .biz website addresses will trigger spam blocking more, and of course, our PWS are all .biz websites. Nothing much we can do about that, but it definitely increases your "spamability" score.

Another thing that can trigger spam is the amount of HTML code in the message -- unfortunately, I can't do much about that since I use alot of image linking to reduce the filesize of the message. However, I am trying to clean up my code for future issues. I am self-taught on HTML so I am trying to figure it out as I go along. Do you have a copy of the QuickBites? That one has less code - I wonder if it will "pass" where the one with the images will "fail"....

WOW that makes me feel a bit computer illiterate! LOL!

1. How do I prevent my emails from being marked as spam?

To prevent your emails from being marked as spam, make sure to follow email marketing best practices such as obtaining permission from recipients, using a clear and recognizable sender name and subject line, and avoiding using excessive capitalization or special characters. It is also important to regularly clean your email list and remove inactive or invalid email addresses.

2. Can I personalize my emails to avoid being marked as spam?

Yes, personalizing your emails can help prevent them from being marked as spam. This includes using the recipient's name in the subject line or email body, segmenting your email list to send more targeted content, and tailoring your message to the recipient's interests and preferences.

3. How do spam filters work?

Spam filters use a variety of algorithms and rules to determine if an email is spam or not. These may include checking for certain keywords, analyzing the sender's reputation, and considering factors such as email formatting and coding. Different email providers may also have their own unique spam filtering methods.

4. What is the difference between soft and hard bounces?

A soft bounce occurs when an email is temporarily rejected, such as due to a full inbox or server issue. A hard bounce, on the other hand, is a permanent failure and can happen if the email address is invalid or if the recipient's email server has blocked your email.

5. How can I improve my email deliverability?

To improve email deliverability and avoid being marked as spam, regularly monitor your email metrics and make adjustments as needed. This may include cleaning your email list, segmenting your audience, and consistently providing valuable and relevant content to your subscribers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mom4angela
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies