• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting 64-Bit Desktop for P3 Compatibility: Tech Support Tips

In summary, the customer was told that because the computer had a 64-bit processor, it was too powerful for a P3 drive to work on it. The customer was also told that there was a fix for this problem, but was not able to find it online.
Chef.Wanda
Gold Member
Just purchased desktop with 4gb tried to put P3 on it..wouldnt work so I called tech and they said because it was a 64 bit it was to powerful:cry: any suggestions?

Chef.Wanda said:
Just purchased desktop with 4gb tried to put P3 on it..wouldnt work so I called tech and they said because it was a 64 bit it was to powerful:cry: any suggestions?

That is odd - I have a 64 bit workstation...

Here read this article to start...

http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1109557,00.html

I would say that's a bunch of woo-ha...My laptop is 64 bit and I have no troubles

I got sidetract earlier, but call back and if they give you the same runaround politely ask for another tech. Your machine should be able to run 32 bit applications.

I called back and he said that my 64 bit processor was fine..but it was that my operating system was also 64 which was the problem..He said that you can have a 64 bit computer but the operating system runs on a 32 bit and that is why yours work and mine doesnt. Does that make sense?

Isn't Vista the 64-bit OS? Tech has a fix for P3 with Vista. Sounds like you need to speak to someone else in the department.

I talked to the one this morning and the one just a minute ago and then he passed me on to the "Big Boy".. and he said that he saw that I had called this morning on the same issue and then proceeded to tell me the before mentioned post. He also said that several consultants had called and they were making a "list" and when they received enough names they would develop the software to take care of this problem..Sorry but I am not a computer person and have very limited knowledge.

Related to Troubleshooting 64-Bit Desktop for P3 Compatibility: Tech Support Tips

1. What is a "Desktop with 64 bit"?

A "Desktop with 64 bit" refers to a computer or laptop that has a 64-bit processor, which is capable of handling more complex data and running more advanced software compared to a 32-bit processor.

2. What are the advantages of having a 64-bit desktop?

Having a 64-bit desktop allows for faster processing and better performance when using applications that require a lot of memory, such as video editing or gaming. It also allows for more efficient multitasking and the ability to run 64-bit software.

3. Can I upgrade my current desktop to 64-bit?

It depends on your current computer's hardware and operating system. If your computer has a 64-bit processor and is running a 32-bit operating system, you can upgrade to a 64-bit operating system. However, if your computer only has a 32-bit processor, you will not be able to upgrade to 64-bit.

4. What is the difference between 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems?

The main difference is the amount of memory that can be addressed. 64-bit operating systems can access and use more than 4GB of RAM, while 32-bit operating systems can only access up to 4GB of RAM. 64-bit operating systems are also generally faster and more efficient at handling complex data.

5. Do I need to buy specific software for a 64-bit desktop?

Yes, you will need to make sure that any software you install on your 64-bit desktop is also 64-bit compatible. Most modern software is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, so make sure to check before purchasing or installing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Hathery
  • legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • legacypc46