• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with a Strainer? Handle Keeps Coming Off

Dear Janet,Thank you for your email and for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that you have had such an issue with your strainer. We would like to ask that you provide the following information in order to process a warranty claim:Order information so that we may issue a reference #To ensure timely processing, please include all e-mail correspondence in your reply.We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.Sincerely,The Pampered Chef
cwinter474
Gold Member
Anybody have trouble with this strainer? customer says the handle keeps coming off. Is this normal?

cwinter474 said:
Anybody have trouble with this strainer? customer says the handle keeps coming off. Is this normal?

Yup, twice. First time I sent it back and exchanged it. This time I realized what happened.

DH put it in the dishwasher and the metal piece is held in the handle with an adhesive of some form rather than a rivet or anything. The heat of the dishwasher melted the adhesive and it is gone. Works fine but I can pull my handle off. I have not asked for an exchange on this one.

She doesn't have a dishwasher, wouldn't think she would be using that hot of water to wash it with.

Adding:I should call in because the PIG states dishwasher safe and 5 year warranty.

I'd call - I think it is a bad design.

I would think though that its NOT Normal. The catalog states that the Chef's Tools are dishwasher safe so if you washed it in one, and the handle comes off, then its a flaw. I'd talk to HO as it keeps happening. I've had two outside orders in the last 2 weeks that both bought a spatula and they are defective so I'm not sure whats happening

My handle came off, too. I can't recall the specifics, but I had it sitting on or near the stovetop when I was cooking something, and, similar to the heat of a dishwasher, the adhesive melted. I just used some craft glue to re-adhere it! It didn't take a lot, and it all stayed internal, so I figured there should not be any concerns with it in the future. I would say HO needs to be made aware of the issue, but I wouldn't suggest exchanging it. Just a dab of glue will do it.

Tammy

I'm with Janet--bad design. My first one had a wobbly handle from the start.I'm on my 2nd one and don't use it all that often, so it's fine so far.

DebbieJ said:
I'm with Janet--bad design. My first one had a wobbly handle from the start.

I'm on my 2nd one and don't use it all that often, so it's fine so far.

I sent an e-mail to solution center earlier today telling them I am on my second with the problem, I've heard other consultants with issues, what do they recommend????

I just finally got an answer back on this...Dear Janet,Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We appreciate you bringing this information to our attention. We are unaware of any problems with the product. Please provide the following applicable information:Order information so that we may issue a reference #To ensure timely processing, please include all e-mail correspondence in your reply.______________________
This was my original inquiry:Message = I am having an issue with item #2606 for the second time. After about a dozen uses the handle will pull off. My personal one has been exchanged once so I was reluctant to exchange it again. However, I just had another consultant ask if anyone has had those issues since she had a customer with that problem too. Now I'm curious if there is a large bad batch, a design flaw or what. The PIG states that they are dishwasher safe (my first thought that the dishwasher was removing adhesive or some bonding agent holding the handle together). Mine function still pushing the handle back on but curious what to do for other customers. Please respond when you can. Thanks in advance!

_______________________________Still didn't answer all my questions...

Related to Trouble with a Strainer? Handle Keeps Coming Off

1. Why does the handle keep coming off my strainer?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the handle was not securely attached during manufacturing, or that it has become loose over time with use. Another possibility is that the handle has been damaged or worn down, causing it to come off easily.

2. Can I fix the handle myself?

Yes, depending on the type of strainer you have, there may be a screw or bolt that can be tightened to secure the handle. If the handle is damaged or worn, it may need to be replaced. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with replacement parts.

3. Is this a common issue with Pampered Chef strainers?

No, this is not a common issue. Our strainers are designed and tested to withstand normal use in the kitchen. If you are experiencing trouble with the handle coming off, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

4. How can I prevent the handle from coming off?

To prevent the handle from coming off, make sure to securely attach it before using the strainer. Avoid using excessive force or twisting motions when handling the strainer. If you notice the handle becoming loose, stop using the strainer and contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Can I return or exchange my strainer if the handle keeps coming off?

Yes, we want all of our customers to be satisfied with their Pampered Chef products. If you are experiencing trouble with the handle coming off, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We may be able to offer a replacement or exchange depending on the specific circumstances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies