• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Purchasing the Guest Special - Need Help!

In summary, you can purchase the guest special a month ahead of time, as long as there are no restrictions. If there are restrictions, you must meet the requirements in order to purchase it. The grilling cards are the current month's special and can be obtained by ordering a grill tool. You can also host your own show and receive all the benefits except the booking benefit. This is a great way to build your kit and business, and you can still purchase the host special at your show. However, you cannot earn commission on the products you purchase for your own show.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey guys! I think that I read in Recipe for Success that you can purchase the guest special the month prior so you can purchase it and bring it to your shows the following month? Did I misread that or is there somewhere in PP that I am missing? I tried purchasing the mini-bowl for July and I can't find it on the supply order which is where I would think it would be. Can you guys please lead me in the right direction?

Thank You!!!

Policies & Procedures, p F-8

If the guest special has specific purchase requirements (e.g. Spend $50 get the mini bowl free), the consultant must meet the requirements to take advantage of the special, AFTER discount.
note: in this example the consultant should simply order it using the regular product number and purchase w/ personal discount.

Okay, thank you! I guess I didn't read the whole thing! What about the grilling cards? I already have them but what if I wanted them a month early?

The grilling cards are the current month's (June) special. All you'd have to do is order one of the grill tools and you get the Recipe Card Collection free with that. I ordered several grill tools and got one FREE set of cards for each one ordered. It's nice to have them on hand for prizes. :D

Yes, I am trying to collect some orders to get the June host special! I would LOVE all the grill tools! Thanks for your reply earlier! That's a great idea for the cards to give away as prizes! Good Luck!

I'm ConfusedAre we allowed to get the Host Special too, or just the Guest Special.

Thanks in Advance,
Debbie

Yes! You can be the HOST!!You can collect $150 in orders (from various people) and turn it in as you being the host. Therefore, you can get the host special. That's the only way you can get the host special is having your own show. I've been asking everyone if they want the new ice cream maker and have gotten a great response. Good Luck! :D

You can order the guest special a month ahead of time as long as there aren't any restrictions...free with purchase, etc. If there are restrictions, you must meet the guidelines in order to purchase it. You have to mannually add the number in your product list and put the date in as the month you are sending it and end on the month it is available. I haven't done this in years, so I am not sure if you do this as a sample or supply order. I hope this makes sense. It was really simple when I used to do paperwork by hand. It's a little more complicated with Pampered Partner.

Shawnna

I'm a little confused also because when I started PC in February I was told by my recruiter and director that I could never be the host of a show. I could have a show at my house but I would have to find someone to be the "host" and they would get all the host benefits. So now I'm confused reading all these posts where consultants have hosted their own show and gotten the benefits for it. So if I hosted my own show I can just put myself in as the host and I will get the same benefits as a regular host? Why was I told I couldn't host my own show?

I don't understand why you were told that. You can always host your own show. In Pampered Partner there is a place to mark consultant as host. You get all the benefits except the booking benefit. You can purchase the host special at your show, but not at any shows booked from your show. You get all the free stuff, discount, and half-priced items that any other host would get. This is a great way to build your kit and get those items you might not purchase because of price. It is also a great way to build your business, especially when you don't have any shows booked.

Shawnna

Shawna said it exactly right! That's what I have done if I really want the host special! I did find that when I collected orders and sent it as a catalog show, I didn't earn commission on the product that I purchased. Just want you to know that you can't earn commission on what you purchase but it does count towards your sales for the month.

That frustrates me that I was told I couldn't host my own show. I would definately have done that for my first show. My first show I did as a consultant I had at my house and I had to find someone (not like it was hard to find someone) to be the host. And I did everything for the show! I would have loved to add prodcuts to my kit that way. Thanks for clearing that up for me though. I'm going to start having my own shows more often now.

I am really sorry that happened to you. Always check your Recipe for Success or even e-mail the home office.

Hi Janel,

You definitely can be the host of your own show. It's possible that you were told differently because I think some directors try to discourage consultants from doing that. I've noticed that as my business grows, my customer base grows. As a result, I end up with a few miscellaneous orders every month. Right now I'm adding those orders to a show that might be under the $150 mark. But as my business gets bigger and I have enough of those misc orders to submit a show on it's own, then I will do so and I'll submit myself as the hostess. That way I will be able to get the hostess special.
-Chefingreen

In the worst case scenario you could always put your husband or mother as the Host and be sure to get all the benifice, for the up coming months.

sweet said:
In the worst case scenario you could always put your husband or mother as the Host and be sure to get all the benifice, for the up coming months.
Check your Recipe for Success. The host can not live WITH you so you really can't put your husband as host.

What is the guest special and how do I purchase it?

The guest special is a limited time offer from Pampered Chef that offers discounts or special deals on select products. To purchase the guest special, simply add the item to your cart and proceed to checkout.

I am having trouble purchasing the guest special, what should I do?

If you are experiencing difficulties while trying to purchase the guest special, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and restarting your device. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Can I use a promo code or discount on the guest special?

Unfortunately, promo codes and discounts cannot be applied to the guest special as it is already discounted. However, you can still earn or redeem rewards points on your purchase.

Can I purchase more than one of the guest special?

Yes, you can purchase multiple quantities of the guest special as long as they are still in stock. However, please note that the guest special is limited to one per customer.

Is the guest special available for purchase in all countries?

The availability of the guest special may vary depending on the country. Please check our website or contact our customer service to confirm if the guest special is available for purchase in your country.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mama2bowbaby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Mama2bowbaby
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies