• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Torte With Fresh Pineapple

In summary, the Tropical Torte With Fresh Pineapple has a crust made of crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar. Canned pineapple can be used as a substitute for fresh pineapple. No special equipment is needed, but a springform pan and mixer are recommended. The torte can be made up to 24 hours in advance and other fruits can be added for variety.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
So I am planning to make this tomorrow at my open house. I really want to show the new products and get everyone excited. The recipes calls for a 16 oz frozen pound cake. I live on the West Coast and we only have Sara Lee frozen pound cakes which only come in 10.75 oz. I was thinking I would use two has anybody tried to make this yet? How did you do it? Where can I find 16 oz pound cakes?

You can do it either way. Just use one and make a smaller one - use the left over ingredients as a mousse or something. Or make two and put a little extra cool whip in with the filling mix to stretch it.

BethCooks4U said:
You can do it either way. Just use one and make a smaller one - use the left over ingredients as a mousse or something. Or make two and put a little extra cool whip in with the filling mix to stretch it.

I've made it already & its GREAT!! Sorry, but here in NYC we have the small & the large right next to one another. But beths idea sounds good also....HTH :D

The 4th store was the charm. I did find the "family" sized Sara Lee. It was at Safeway. Now that I know where to find it, I could always get it for the hosts if I need to.

I found mine at Wal-Mart.

I made that recipe and used a fresh pound cake from the store and it was really delicious

1. How do I make the crust for the Tropical Torte With Fresh Pineapple?

The crust for this torte is made with a combination of crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar. Simply mix these ingredients together and press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and let cool before adding the filling.

2. Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh for this torte?

While fresh pineapple is recommended for the best flavor and texture, canned pineapple can be used as a substitute. Just make sure to drain the pineapple well before using it in the recipe.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this torte?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A springform pan is recommended for easy removal of the torte, but a regular cake pan will work as well. You will also need a mixer to whip the cream for the filling.

4. How far in advance can I make the Tropical Torte With Fresh Pineapple?

This torte can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Just make sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. The longer it sits, the softer the crust will become.

5. Can I add any other fruits to this torte?

Absolutely! This torte is delicious with a variety of fruits such as mango, kiwi, or berries. Feel free to get creative and add your favorite tropical fruits to make it your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefcouts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lilscrapmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • Ginger428