• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple!!

In summary, the cake was good, but the filling was not very appealing. I think next time I will just use mango sorbet for the filling.
Ginger428
Gold Member
I made this for our cluster meeting last month. It was Great!! Only one problem, to demo at a show it really doesn't show alot of products. So I was going to just bring it to my shows already made ( also looks very blah) they were teasing me that it looks like the Menorah Cake without the candles. Anyway I'm thinking what if I make it a trifle, I bet that would go over big. :D

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Let me know how yours turns out.

you mean a trifle using the same ingredients?

candiejayne said:
you mean a trifle using the same ingredients?

Yes...
Wanted to try it today, but the store I went to was out of the cake...:(
Maybe I'll go later or wait till during the week!

Let me know how that works as a trifle... I have a host in April that wants the cake. I too thought it looks bla on the serving plate and doesn't get pretty until it is served. Trifle might work just nicely. Layer 1- Cubed pound cake
Layer 2- sauce (melted sorbet and whipped topping)
Layer 3- pineapple with other lighter sauce?
Repeat?

ChefMary412 said:
Let me know how that works as a trifle... I have a host in April that wants the cake. I too thought it looks bla on the serving plate and doesn't get pretty until it is served. Trifle might work just nicely.

Layer 1- Cubed pound cake
Layer 2- sauce (melted sorbet and whipped topping)
Layer 3- pineapple with other lighter sauce?
Repeat?

or maybe cubed pound cake or (angel food cake?)
pineapple w/ sauce (so some will soak in cubes?)
then the cool whip mixture....this way this will be the top & add blueberries & pineapple for garnish...;)

I'm going to try this as a trifle for my open house tonight. I really want to use the new Pineapple wedger, but I dont' think the cake looks very exciting. :)

Bump. Did anyone try this? If so, how did it turn out?

RossDeb2 said:
Bump. Did anyone try this? If so, how did it turn out?

Sorry...I have been Crazy with some issues, but I'm gonna do it just as soon as possible! Problem also is its just DH & myself ( I'll eat the whole thing :eek: ) and I don't have any shows till the end of the month. Maybe I'll just try it & divide it up around the block ;)

Ginger428 said:
or maybe cubed pound cake or (angel food cake?)
pineapple w/ sauce (so some will soak in cubes?)
then the cool whip mixture....this way this will be the top & add blueberries & pineapple for garnish...;)

I have made it with Angel Food Cake at my shows and it turns out great... maybe even better!

I made it as directed and I think it would be WAYYYY better made with angel food cake. The pound cake was too heavy (texture wise) and buttery. You could even make it into a roll like the Lemon Angel Food Cake roll in All the Best. I think it would be really good that way.

So did you girls both do them as Trifles?
DUH!!! I guess so if you made them with Angel Food Cake.....:eek:

I wasn't a fan of the filling or the sauce, but what I did do was use the pound cake, and 1/2 of the Creamy Mojito torte filling (the cream cheese, lime and mint, and 2 cups of the whipped topping). Sliced it as directed and filled it. Then iced it with the remaining 2 cups whipped topping. I much preferred this, it's a non-alcholic version for those who don't want it and a great "keep it cool" version of the Creamy Mojito torte. Yum!

Ginger428 said:
So did you girls both do them as Trifles?
DUH!!! I guess so if you made them with Angel Food Cake.....:eek:
I did not try it as a Trifle yet. Made it as directed since it was my first time. In the future, I'll probably use an Angel Food Cake from the grocery store bakery and layer it that way or do it as a roll (bake Angel Food Cake in the bar pan ahead of time).

Last edited:
OK...Thanks!! :D

Keep in mind, if anyone here is Jewish, during Passover, you can make it with a Passover sponge cake. It would be a great dessert for that -- nice & light. I made it with pound cake. I think next time I'll try angel food. It might look prettier too.

I made this for a cluster meeting. I did it mostly how the recipe discribes, I put some of the pineapple on top, it was a nice presentation.

I like the idea of making it into a triffle. Would you put the pineapple inside the triffle?

Oh and I did it with peach sorbet since mango wasn't to be found, and I didn't have time to ask.

I made this cake when i was hosting a jewelry party. I loved it as is. My friends did too. No one wanted extra sauce and pineapple on their slice. I suppose for presentation purposes you could put a sprig of mint and a couple slices of pineapple or mango on it or around it if you serve it on the large rectangle platter or lg. bamboo platter we now have. I thougt it was a great cake. It doesn't show much in product but would be good for an express party. Might entice hosts who don't want a long party.

What ingredients are in the Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple?

The Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple contains a combination of fresh pineapple, cream cheese, whipped topping, vanilla pudding, and a buttery graham cracker crust.

Is the Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

The Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free graham cracker crust. However, it does contain dairy and may not be suitable for those with lactose intolerance or milk allergies.

How do I store the Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple?

The Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. It is best to serve it chilled.

Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh for this recipe?

While fresh pineapple is recommended for the best flavor and texture, canned pineapple can be used as a substitute. Just make sure to drain the pineapple well before using it in the recipe.

Can I make the Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple ahead of time?

Yes, the Tropical Torte W/Fresh Pineapple can be made ahead of time. It is recommended to make it no more than 24 hours in advance to ensure the best flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsCaleb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Chefcouts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cactus_flower