• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Ideas for Finger Foods

In summary, the host is having an open house and invited a group of consultants to participate. Southern living, Tastefully Simple, Cookie Lee Jewelry, Stampin' Up and Aerosole are all represented. Southern living is doing dips and other appetizers, Tastefully Simple is doing their usual fare of dips and desserts, Cookie Lee is providing jewelry, Stampin' Up is providing stationery, Aerosole is providing candles, and GC and HI are providing food. The host is allergic to nuts and the consultants are asked to bring finger foods only. The strawberry amaretto pastry is a new recipe that is recommended to new consultants. The brownies are good and the meatballs and dip are also popular.
chefdianne
Silver Member
I know I saw threads out here before on this topic but I am in need of finding them or getting new information on what type of foods to make at an Open House. A friend is having an open house and invited me to participate with several other consultants representing Mary Kay, Southern Living, Cookie Lee Jewelry, Tastefully Simple, Stampin' Up and possibly Aerosole and others.
Southern living, Tastefully Simple and I are setting up in the kitchen and naturally Tastefully Simple is doing their dips n' whatever else they can throw in the mix. The host (who is allergic to nuts by the way) would like me to keep it to finger foods. I have some general dessert ideas in mind (I was thinking if I get my torte pan set in this century!!! I would make the raspberry choc dream torte recipe out here) but I feel best hearing from anyone with suggestions on what they think might be best to bring made up ahead, pop in the oven really quick when I get there or keep making as people filter through, yet be able to stop making the recipe to take orders as people place them while they are enjoying their tour through the kitchen. By the way, the wine and beverages will be in the kitchen so if they want to drink, they have to pass by the PC delights. Obviously, I want them to be wowed! I have the SA 3 tiered stand to put up and multiple other SA pieces. Any ideas or does anyone have any words of wisdom from experience with these types of shows?

Thanks in advance!

PS....the host is actually a PC host and is already getting orders so this is also a demo/cooking show but I want to keep it simple for my own sanity!

What about the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries that are a new consultant recipe? They must be good sellers & fairly simple or they wouldn't be one of the 3 recipes that new consultants are recommended to make. I believe it is in the It's good for you cookbook -low cal brownies that are sooo delicious and those are great for chocolate lovers on a diet. You could also do the tangy meatballs and the spinacn & artichoke dip is too die for. I have a hostess that makes it to every event b/c all her friends LOVE it. I used to do a diff recipe & switched to the PC recipe b/c it is that good! Trust me this will sell the dish you make it in and the cookbook.

bump!
I am doing an Open House on Saturday w/ TS, CTMH, GC & HI.

I *heart* the profiterole puffs. You can make them today and freeze them for the weekend if you want! The puff pastries are good. Brownie bites are always a hit and you can make whatever color frosting you want. If you're looking for something savory, maybe one of the rings? MMM, I feel like chicken broccoli ring now...mmm I'm hungry...ham puffs in the mini muffin pan are good, too...check out your cookbooks, the recipes are great!

oreo truffles are always a hit, or tuxedo brownie cups. Both really yummy, easy and can be made ahead

What are some easy finger food ideas for an open house?

Some easy finger food ideas for an open house include mini quiches, fruit skewers, cheese and crackers, vegetable platters with dip, and mini sandwiches.

Do you have any recommendations for finger foods that can be made ahead of time?

Yes, some finger foods that can be made ahead of time include deviled eggs, pinwheels, chicken salad bites, and bruschetta.

Can you suggest any vegetarian options for finger foods at an open house?

Some vegetarian options for finger foods at an open house include stuffed mushrooms, hummus and pita bread, vegetable spring rolls, and spinach and feta phyllo cups.

Are there any gluten-free finger food options for an open house?

Yes, there are many gluten-free finger food options for an open house such as gluten-free crackers with cheese and meat, fresh fruit skewers, gluten-free chips with salsa or guacamole, and stuffed cherry tomatoes.

What are some creative finger food ideas for an open house?

Some creative finger food ideas for an open house include caprese skewers, bacon-wrapped dates, mini taco cups, and prosciutto-wrapped melon bites. You can also try adding different dips or spreads to your usual finger food options for a unique twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • racaotto
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kncmurray