• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good!

In summary, the recipe calls for using coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk, but the author found that they could omit these ingredients and still produce a delicious dish. They suggest trying this recipe with milk and flavoring to see what the difference is.
heat123
Silver Member
So without reading the entire recipe through, I begin to prep before my show last night. I make the pudding as usual (with milk). Get to the party, start to read thru the recipe completely and realize I was supposed to use the coconut milk and conesnsed milk for the pudding!:eek:

But alls well, the guests LOVED and RAVED about it! So I am wondering how much better it is when you actually do it according to direction? lol

I also subbed pound cake for ladyfingers, as I cannot find any in my stores.:D

2 Thumbs Up!:chef:

That's good to know because I am NOT a coconut fan and although the flavor is just a "hint" of coconut, it's still too much for me, now I know I can really make it w/o (and save some money not getting the condensed and coconut milk) and it's still great!

Actually sponge cake is even better than pound cake which you could make from scratch or buy, it absorbs the liquid a little more and to me the flavor is so much better!!! I love love love this recipe, it is my favorite trifle we have ever done.

Is sponge cake more like the consistency of the lady fingers?

Or what about short cakes already in a package? ARe they more like ladyfingers?

I've always used the pound cake, it's cheaper and IMHO much tastier yummmy;)

Back to your original question about the coconut & swt condensed milks, I personally think those flavors are what make this a WOW recipe above an ordinary trifle... I love the combination of coconut and cinnamon! You should try it at least once to taste the difference... :)

Awesome tale of how the test kitchen makes it work! Recipes that are fabulous even when we (occasionally, accidentally) mess them up...

cheflorraine said:
Back to your original question about the coconut & swt condensed milks, I personally think those flavors are what make this a WOW recipe above an ordinary trifle... I love the combination of coconut and cinnamon! You should try it at least once to taste the difference... :)

That's what I was wondering? HOw it would taste if I had done it to Exact recipe!:p;) Next time I make this I will certainly do it according to how it was meant to be. :D

It's good to know that I can tweak this a little. I cannot have coconut milk or sweet condensed milk because of the sugar. I was bummed thinking I would never be able to have this trifle, but if I make it with milk and find coconut flavoring.

scottcooks said:
Awesome tale of how the test kitchen makes it work! Recipes that are fabulous even when we (occasionally, accidentally) mess them up...

Oh... I never call it messing up... just re-inventing!!!!!!! :)

I am planning to make this for an event tomorrow. I couldn't find the coconut milk; was looking in the same place as the condensed milk.
Question 1: is the coconut milk located in a different section
Question 2: if I can't find it, would 2 cans of condensed milk work? I realize it wouldn't have the coconut flavor, but that is ok; just wondering about consistency and overall taste.

Why don't you ask a checker at the market you shop in? Coconut milk has nothing to do with dairy. You might find it in the Asian section. If you can't get it, I'd find another recipe to use.

What is a Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good!?

A Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good! is a delicious dessert made with layers of moist cake, creamy tres leches sauce, and whipped cream.

How is a Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good! made?

A Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good! is made by soaking a cake in a mixture of three types of milk (evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream), layering it with whipped cream and letting it chill in the fridge for a few hours.

What flavors are available for Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good!?

Currently, we offer Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good! in classic vanilla and decadent chocolate flavors. Keep an eye out for new flavors in the future!

Can I make a Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good! in advance?

Yes, you can make a Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good! in advance. In fact, it is recommended to let it chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavors to fully develop.

How should I store a Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good!?

A Tres Leches Trifle Oops but Soo Good! should be stored in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container. It is best consumed within 2-3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
mellissacooks4you