• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toProvide Samples or Not? Pineapple Rum Sauce

But if you can, go for it! Samples are a great way to get people to come over to your booth and spend more money. But if you do too many at once, it might be overwhelming and people might not be able to taste the sauce. I'd suggest doing a small amount at a time, and maybe putting some cream cheese on some crackers to give people an option.
BlessedWifeMommy
I'm doing an event Saturday night. I know there will be 250 people. I'm trying to decide if I should do samples. My thoughts are that it would bring people over to my table, but maybe too many at once?

My thought was to do the Pineapple Rum Sauce over Cream Cheese with crackers.

What is your experience with doing this?

I did this at a booth, and people RAVED over it!

My only suggestion is cutting the cream cheese in half and only putting 1/2 or less out at a time. I had "spurts" of people at my booth, and times with nobody. I had to throw away quite a bit in hopes of keeping it looking "fresh".

aalbert said:
I did this at a booth, and people RAVED over it!

My only suggestion is cutting the cream cheese in half and only putting 1/2 or less out at a time. I had "spurts" of people at my booth, and times with nobody. I had to throw away quite a bit in hopes of keeping it looking "fresh".

Thank you for your reply! A few questions...

Did you have it out for them to serve themselves?

Did anyone order it?

I put it on the bamboo platter, used the bamboo servers, and I did let people serve themselves. And yes, I did have a couple of orders, but mostly bookings from this booth. Alot of folks wanted to buy it from me right there at the table, but I didn't have any on hand, as it was new at the time, and I was just trying it. I directed them to my website to purchase it if they were not local. (if you have a few on hand that could really help) I had a drawing for a free cooking show, and $25 worth of free products. That sparked interest and drew the peps to my table :)

P.S.

I also had Brownie Bites and Pecan Tassies.......just to lure them in......LOL!

IT WORKED!:D

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of brownie bites too. Chocolate is always good!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I'm doing an event Saturday night. I know there will be 250 people. I'm trying to decide if I should do samples. My thoughts are that it would bring people over to my table, but maybe too many at once?

My thought was to do the Pineapple Rum Sauce over Cream Cheese with crackers.

What is your experience with doing this?

I have done this on several occasions and everytime it's a hit. At one show I sold 4 or 5 bottles. I always put mine out on the bamboo platter and serve with the spreader.

Since this is for a booth, I agree with aalbert-only do a small amount of cream cheese at a time. Also, for hygiene purposes, I would probably go ahead and smear some cream cheese on some crackers and put these around the edges of the platter. That way people can just grab one without touching a lot of stuff.

Either way, this is really good and such an easy way to allow them to taste it.

Good luck!

Kelly, thanks for the suggestions. I happen to have some bottles on hand and will plan to do them cash and carry. I don't usually have them but a friend placed an order to give them as gifts and said I could re-order them for her if they sell.

I'd ask, too, if you can do samples. Some fairs don't allow them because of health code.

1. Should I offer samples of the Pineapple Rum Sauce to my customers?

Yes, offering samples is a great way to introduce customers to new products and entice them to make a purchase. It allows them to taste the product before committing to buying a full size.

2. How much of the Pineapple Rum Sauce should I provide as a sample?

We recommend providing a small amount, such as a teaspoon or a small bite, to give customers a taste without giving away too much product. This also helps to conserve your supply for other potential customers.

3. Can I offer samples of the Pineapple Rum Sauce at a party or event?

Absolutely! In fact, offering samples at events or parties can be a great way to generate interest and potentially increase sales. Just make sure to follow any guidelines or regulations set by the event or venue.

4. Do I need to charge for the samples of the Pineapple Rum Sauce?

No, samples should be offered for free as a way to promote and showcase the product. However, you may want to consider offering a special discount or promotion for customers who try and enjoy the sample.

5. How can I make offering samples of the Pineapple Rum Sauce more efficient?

One way to make the process more efficient is to pre-portion the samples into small containers or cups beforehand. This will save time and make it easier to distribute the samples to customers. You can also offer samples as part of a larger recipe or dish to showcase the versatility of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefann
  • dme.grant