• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Rum Sauce on Mahi Mauhi

In summary, most people just broil or pan fry Mahi Mahi. You can also bake it, but it depends on the day. If you have a grill pan, you can cook it with just a splash of oil. The sauce will get sticky in the pan.
mrssyvo
I have some Mahi Mauhi thawing right now, and I was thinking about putting the pineapple rum sauce on it, my question is, I have never fixed Mahi Mahi, do I fix it like I do salmon? Has anyone done this yet, and what were the results. It is still too cold to grill outside.

Most of the time we just throw fish on a pan in the oven with seasoning or what ever topping or wrap it in tinfoil and put it in the oven.

do you bake it at 350 ?

mrssyvo said:
do you bake it at 350 ?

It depends on the day, sometimes 350 sometimes 400! I have never been good with figuring temps on items we just make and don't have a recipe for

I believe you would be safe in broiling it, just as you would salmon.
My recipe for salmon mentioned for a 20 oz. piece you broil for 10 minutes
on one side, and take out and turn over and put two pats of butter over
your seasonings to keep it moist. Broil for an additional 10 minutes. When
the fish begins to separate into noticable flakes, test with your meat
thermometer. Mine read 146 to 150 degrees and was perfect. When I had
Mahi Mahi in Hawaai, it was broiled and about one inch thick. It was so good we returned to the restaurant a second evening to order the same item.

The only way I've had Mahi-Mahi is pan-fried with butter on the stovetop. If you got good quality fish, you don't need to do much to it. I'd almost just fry it in butter and put the sauce over to finish it.

If you have our Grill pan, use just a splash of one of our oils and once you have the
grill marks on the fish, serve the cooked fish with a spoon of the sauce. I would think
the sauce would get sticky in the actual pan. The more we talk about this, the less I want to eat out tonight. I will probably try it on Salmon fillets.

YUM, that sauce sounds soo good!

I agree I always pan fry mahi mahi. Just a little salt and pepper and butter/EVOO in the pan and top it with the sauce at the end. Just make sure you don't over cook the fish, it won't be as good!

OH- I think I will use the grill pan. I have both of our oil's, so I will do that, and out the sauce on at the end. I thought we got the wasabi sauce as well with SAT, but I guess not- I am going to have to buy that now.

1. What ingredients are in the pineapple rum sauce?

The pineapple rum sauce on mahi mahi is made with fresh pineapple, dark rum, brown sugar, lime juice, and a blend of spices including ginger, garlic, and cumin.

2. How do I make the pineapple rum sauce?

To make the sauce, simply combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Then, pour the sauce over the cooked mahi mahi and serve.

3. Can I use a different type of fish with the pineapple rum sauce?

While mahi mahi is traditionally used with this sauce, you can also use other types of fish such as salmon or swordfish. The sweet and tangy flavors of the sauce will pair well with most types of seafood.

4. Do I need to marinate the fish in the sauce?

No, you do not need to marinate the fish in the pineapple rum sauce. Simply cook the fish according to your preferred method, and then pour the sauce over it before serving.

5. Can I make the pineapple rum sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply reheat it before serving over the cooked mahi mahi.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • ChefetteDuJour