• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce

In summary, the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce is made with pineapple, brown sugar, rum, vinegar, and a blend of spices. It has a moderate level of spiciness and can be used as a glaze for grilled meats, a dipping sauce for appetizers, or a marinade for seafood. The spiciness can be adjusted by adding more or less sauce, and it can last for up to 6 months when stored properly. Once opened, it should be refrigerated and used within 1-2 weeks.
SpiritdancerIA
Gold Member
I got my SAT package today, including the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce. The problem? Well, it's pretty cold here, and the sauce appears to have frozen solid :eek:

Does anyone know how the freeze/thaw cycle might effect the sauce? Would it still be safe to use? I thought I might get some answers here while waiting on a callback from HO :)

It's frozen? Mine came today really cold. The sauce is really thick. I would just leave it thaw out room temp.

Well, it was 7F outside as the driver handed the box to me. When I opened everything up, the bottle was actually a bit frosty (not to mention uncomfortable cold!), and the sauce didn't budge at all when I moved the bottle around (including upside down). It looked pretty frozen to me (and it does seem to be a bit more "liquid" now it's been out of the box for an hour or so).

It's more of a chutney consistency than a sauce, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't think there would be any problem with letting it thaw and tasting it. It's not an animal product (to my knowledge), and I think it would be the same thing as letting salsa freeze and thaw.

1. What are the main ingredients in the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce?

The main ingredients in the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce are pineapple, brown sugar, rum, vinegar, and a blend of spices.

2. Is the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce spicy?

Yes, the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce has a moderate level of spiciness. The blend of spices used gives it a nice kick without being too overwhelming.

3. How should I use the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce?

The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce is perfect for glazing grilled meats, such as chicken or pork. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for appetizers or as a marinade for seafood.

4. Can I adjust the level of spiciness in the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce?

Yes, you can adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less of the sauce to your dish. You can also add additional spices or hot sauce to suit your personal taste.

5. How long does the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce last?

The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce can last for up to 6 months when stored in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it should be refrigerated and used within 1-2 weeks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefDeb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mrssyvo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies