• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toPlay a Game or Not to Play a Game

L
ltkacz
I was hoping for some feedback from everyone. Do you play a game at your show or not?

I am an "in and out" type of girl. I don't like dumb games that you have to play at parties, at showers etc. PC is my second job, and my sales are typically strong for my shows. I start promptly, and can easily be in and out (including set up) within 3 hours - which of course makes my per hour average large. Numerous hosts have told me, as well as guests, that they loved the fact that I'm prompt, and efficient, that I don't have the party drag on and on. I figure, if the guests want to stay and chat it up after the show for hours - so be it, but I want to be out of there and home with my son and husband.

I did a show in December, and the host was disappointed in the fact that I didn't play a game.

I was just curious as to whether or not I'm in the majority or minority with those darn games.

ltkacz said:
I did a show in December, and the host was disappointed in the fact that I didn't play a game.

I was just curious as to whether or not I'm in the majority or minority with those darn games.

I hate games also. I might be able to deal with the have it/want it/love it game.

gamesi don't play games either and i don't think it has hurt my sales. i think you have to read your audience too - i live in an area that i don't think would be too into the games. i also think many of them are too corny - and that's not my style. some people are really good with making games fun - i tend to be shy and i think it would be a flop!:) if i could find an easy game that wasn't too focused on sales - i might try it.

the two games I play are have it/love it or want it/gotta have it and then the 5 minutes to ask me anything about my business.

I usually play the "Have It/Love It ~ Love It/Want It ~ Got a Question" game throughout my show. That's it. I have had a couple of "Dress Your Banana" parties that were tons of fun too.

Wow, I'm surprised so many of you don't play any games or only play one. Perhaps I need to rethink my approach! I always do the Blue Light Special (with the timer) and two more games as well!

I also normally hate games at showers and shows. However, I started playing the Queen of Shoppers at my shows and everyone has loved it. Many guests tell me that it helps them become more familiar with the catalog. I am not sure what to do though because I am starting to have a lot of repeat guests. Is there another game you play that is similar to the Queen of Shoppers? I really like that it directly relates to the products.

I think it depends on your personal style.....I'm not a games person, and every time I have tried to play any type of game at my shows they have FLOPPED! So I just do what comes naturally for me....and don't worry anymore about doing games. (I hate playing games at showers etc....myself, and when I am at other home party plan shows and games are played, I always groan to myself about playing them.)

Hi,
I'm pretty new here..not familiar with the games...can anyone tell me more about how they are played? Thanks

I don't play games. In the past, I have done the have it, love it & the Queen of Shoppers once or twice. I am with you--I like to be in & out. I want to use the recipe to show the products. I do try to go around the room to ask what everyone's favorite products are & I think that's probably good enough for guest involvement. I don't think where I live is a big game place either. I've never had a host specifically ask me to do a game or be disappointed that I didn't.

I don't like games but I usually play one quick one at the begining of my shows and give away a small give (SB, paring knife, citrus peeler) and people love to win prizes no matter how small they are.

I ask the host about her guests and go from there. Most do.....some don't. I have had two Bunco PC shows.
Melissa

I have several versions of the Left Right game, quizzes, Bingo, Queen of Shoppers, and on and on....

I've never played any games, in fact I've had guests thank me for not making them play any games. I do keep a copy of Queen of Shoppers and right/left in my binder with me, in case someone requests that we play a game.

I am not a fan of games. I feel like a dork. A few times I did the right/left game, but my guests are usually not "into" games.

Games, Games, GamesI am the game consultant and I have had shows booked specifically because of my games.
I play at least one game per show. I love games!! I can make them up in my sleep!! That's why I am in charge of Children's church on Wednesday nights at my church!!
I usually play different games and have been told people love to win things, even small things that they get for FREE. IT's just me! Everyone is different and you have to find what works for you. I always get dollar store items and PC door prizes in party bags with pretty tissue.
As long as you are fun, energetic and do your best, your guests will have fun too!!

Debbie :D

I am a brand new PC consultant and would LOVE to hear how to play some of these games. Can anyone help me out?

Go to "files" and search "games". You will find tons!! :D

Can somebody explain how to play the games that have been mentioned please. I'm new to this - in England - and would welcome any advice. Thanks

I usually play it by ear. Within the first 15 minutes I can get a feel for the group. If they seem like the game type of crowd I do one. It also depends on the size of the group. I average about 50/50.

:D I ALWAYS play games! I play 2-3 per show!

PampMomof3 said:
:D I ALWAYS play games! I play 2-3 per show!

Especially my repeat guests, they dont even want a demo:rolleyes:
I bring something already made, they eat as soon as they get there, then we olay games & they order ( they even make it so they get the guest special)....:D :D :D

Based on all of your methods and opinions, I think I'm definitely going to include ASKING if they want games in my Host Coaching!

Please send me the instructions to your games.... they seem like they may be fun.

Janet
[email protected]

Good Morning, I am also new and would like to know how to play a few of these games. Could someone please send me where to find the games? [email protected]
Thank you
Kathy H

If you do a file search for the word "game" you'll find most of the games mentioned.

What is the Queen of Shoppers Game? Apparantly I am game challenged! LoL

Here are a few game files pulled off of this site.

Attachments

• What occasions do you buy gifts for.doc
    29 KB · Views: 305
  • partyplangames[1].pdf
    253 KB · Views: 680
  • QueenoftheShoppersGame Spring 2006.doc
    25 KB · Views: 287
  • A whole bunch of games!.doc
    156 KB · Views: 4,247
  • PC GAMES.doc
    158 KB · Views: 528
Wow -- I LOVE the game part!!! Everyone at my shows really loves them!!! I'm surprised too that so many don't do the games. I don't do really long ones though. I don't want to be there all night! LOL

I play a few easy games that don't require much. I think that people loosen up when games are played. Sometimes I bring a word scramble that I make and people can unscramble the words throughout the demo, they seem to really like that. Pampered Chef Poker also has seemed to be a good game as well. It is fun for the guests to have a little bit of competition and they do half the talking for you because they are asking and answering the questions about all of the products. Sometimes when someone asks where something is in the catalog and I don't know I will give a small prize to the first person who finds it and reads the description with lots of enthusiasm. Simple and they really don't seem too much like games to me.

:)
sandraschmitz said:
I play a few easy games that don't require much. I think that people loosen up when games are played. Sometimes I bring a word scramble that I make and people can unscramble the words throughout the demo, they seem to really like that. Pampered Chef Poker also has seemed to be a good game as well. It is fun for the guests to have a little bit of competition and they do half the talking for you because they are asking and answering the questions about all of the products. Sometimes when someone asks where something is in the catalog and I don't know I will give a small prize to the first person who finds it and reads the description with lots of enthusiasm. Simple and they really don't seem too much like games to me.
Wow Im surprised at ALL the games. I Never play games. I just do an Intro of myself..y I do PC, do a demo, cook/bake it They Eat and Shop. We visit close visit some more. My shows are usually $700+. I can't imagine if the loosened up. Maybe I should try it

I LOVE playing games. I think they make it a lot more fun for the guests. I know when I was a guest, I would usually get bored by the middle of it. So spicing it up a bit makes me in a better mood to spend MONEY! :D

JoyfulChef said:
Wow -- I LOVE the game part!!! Everyone at my shows really loves them!!! I'm surprised too that so many don't do the games. I don't do really long ones though. I don't want to be there all night! LOL

I agree all my guests love the games to win a prize! I usually play 1 maybe 2 depending on my cook time.

What have been the best games?

I love the queen of shoppers for sure!

I do not play games per se, BUT I do play "got it, Love it" through out the demo, giving tickets out for drawing later. I also give a ticket out if they find the product I am showing in the catalog for everyone else, and then I draw for prizes at the end of the demo. I do this to keep everyone's attention. I like to get in and out, and my guests seem to really appreciate it, but by having the drawing, they have fun also, and it does not take up any more time.

I always play the recruiting game. Pass the prize and ask me a question about my job the one with the prize when the timer goes off gets the prize. I teach all my new girls to play it also. I feel that in playing that game it is the easiest way for someone new to talk about the opportunity. I have a list of questions that Lisa _Chefbear_ from Hallstead, pa gave us when she came to our cluster meeting. I also help them answer the questions and have those out on pens or slips of paper as "cheater" questions. It's fun and easy to duplicate.
I occasionally do another game where they all get index cards and when I say go they have to do the things on them in order. Very chaotic, but funny!

Koolotus said:
I always play the recruiting game. Pass the prize and ask me a question about my job the one with the prize when the timer goes off gets the prize. I teach all my new girls to play it also. I feel that in playing that game it is the easiest way for someone new to talk about the opportunity. I have a list of questions that Lisa _Chefbear_ from Hallstead, pa gave us when she came to our cluster meeting. I also help them answer the questions and have those out on pens or slips of paper as "cheater" questions. It's fun and easy to duplicate.
I occasionally do another game where they all get index cards and when I say go they have to do the things on them in order. Very chaotic, but funny!

Would you share that list? Thanks!!

I just sent a PM to Lisa, hopefully she posts it. I will look to see if I have it on my computer. I usually just make copies of the one she gave me!

??
LisaAnn said:
I've never played any games, in fact I've had guests thank me for not making them play any games. I do keep a copy of Queen of Shoppers and right/left in my binder with me, in case someone requests that we play a game.
how do you play queen of shoppers?
I have played stack the host. and it worked!!

What is Stack the host?

Here's the script for Queen of the ShoppersQueen of the Shoppers 2006 Fall/ Winter

Let’s play a game, with this gift I will part, if you were the first guest to arrive, that’s where it will start!

You thought this gift was meant for you, but I have another idea or two.

So let‘s get started, what could be greater? Except getting the gift, by finding the Easy Accent Decorator! (39)

These will be so useful, surely you’ll see be the one to find the professional Forged Cutlery.(12/13)

No more sharp edges, no more of those cuts,The Smooth-Edge Can opener has just the right touch (28)

Flip through the pages you can win I bet,If you can find our must-have stainless steel bowl set (31)

Lay it over a bowl, and slice it right in,Shred and crinkle also, with the Utimate Mandoline(16)

Thanksgiving means turkey, carrots, potatoes and gravy Throw all them into our roasting pan if you want to be lazy (23)

A little one and a big one that’s wide as some tunnels, In blue and green comes our flexible funnels (26)

One batch, two batches, three batches, four, that’s what our Stackable Cooling Racks are for (40)

From cupcakes to sheet cakes there is nothing better than our easy-to use 3 and a half inch Small Spreader! (29)

This party is fun I am so glad that we met! But right now find the Simple Additions Entertaining Set (9)

You can’t find these elsewhere, I really must share, the unmatchable qualities of our executive cookware! (20/21)

Read about this product, and you’ll be a fan of all that you can make in the Executive Grill Pan!(20)

Now to the person who finds our Food Chopper You keep the gift as you’re the “Queen of the Shoppers”! (17)

I was at Leadership, and one of my workshops I attended was about something like that and the speaker used "Now we have a few minutes while our recipe is in the oven I would like to give away some free products" then you can go into the timer game or another type you may want to do. She didn't like the fraze game either.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • afultz4912
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies