• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Top Tips for Developing Leaders: Unlock Your Potential

In summary, my top 3 tips for developing leaders are: 1) Show them your paychecks so that they can see the difference in pay between different levels of employees, 2) Don't push them to do more than they are willing to do, and 3) Offer them booths or other opportunities to show their skills and be promoted.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Sorry if I'm asking for something you've done before....I didn't see anything so here goes nothing...

What are your top 3 (5?) tips for Developing Leaders? I have BIG goals this year and need to do everything I can to develop more Directors and Team Leaders...would love to hear your thoughts.

1) Show the team my paychecks - when I break it down so that they can see the difference in pay between C, C w/ $15,000 in Career Sales, SC, TL, D & AD ... it really opens some eyes.
2) I never push them to do more than what they want to do. I'm very open with the team that I'm their mentor, not their boss. They get to choose how much or how little they want to work. I'm just here to answer questions and support them in reaching the goals that THEY have set for their own business.
3) Booths! When I was in Okinawa, I started working booths. As I started building a team, I started sharing the booths to give them more exposure to new hosts/customers/recruit leads. When my calendar started getting more bookings than I felt comfortable working ... I started handing out bookings to the team!
4) Once they've set their sights on accomplishing something, I e-mail their team & announce the goal. So if they are ONE person from making a Director Team, I tell the team. I let them know that their upline has done the personal sales, and team sales but needs this ONE thing for the team to promote. That's usually a great way to get someone to jump through hoops & make it happen. They usually like their upline enough that they want to see her accomplish her goal (not trying to be sexist, just haven't had a "him" promote yet). I find the personal e-mails to the smaller group is more effective than the broadcast on the FB page. They seem to respond better when it's just me e-mailing 6-8 of them (or sometimes I do 1 at a time).
5) I used to do monthly updates to the team, but slacked off when I came to TX in March. I've just recently started doing the monthly recognition e-mails again AND I've implemented a Monday Motivational e-mail too so that they can see every Monday who's active for the month, who's earned what monthly incentives and where the Director teams are on qualifying for the month (I actually do a screen shot of the Director Summary page & include the photo in my e-mail).Even if they don't aspire to be a leader, I still like to see them start off strong. The more successful they are in their first 30/90 days, the more likely it is that they are going to LOVE doing Pampered Chef & stick with it. And goals change. So even those (like me) who had ZERO desire to recruit & promote, often find it happening when they work enough shows & booths. Even the timid ones tend to get that boost of energy after the 1st or 2nd recruit & they find themselves getting motivated to recruit more & promote higher. I love the paychecks, the promotions, the trips and the jewelry ... but I still enjoy hearing the excitement in their voices when they reach a new milestone in their businesses. I've always been a teacher at heart & I love to see the "ah ha" moments when they happen. Even with the hospitality ... I'm not getting compensated for their accomplishments, but I don't care! I'm still having fun watching them succeed. :DI also have no interest in quantity. I'd rather have quality. I don't tell anyone that they can't join the team, but I'm not interested in talking people into signing either. If they are not motivated enough to go home & fill out the online application, it's my theory that they are not going to be motivated to do what they need to do to succeed in their business either. I'm willing to help anyone who wants to be helped & teach them anything they are willing to sit down & learn. But I'm not going to chase them around & beg them to come to meetings or do regular phone calls, etc. The ones who really want to excel with PC seem to do what they want to get what they want. Of course, again ... I'm willing to teach anyone anything they want to know. :D

I'm glad to see I am doing a lot of what you do and I have a very similar attitude. I think I can implement a few more things you've mentioned, as well as FOCUS! It's going to be a good year!

I have faith in you Krista! Go rock it girl!!! :D

I just need to up my personal recruiting. 22 last year but that is NOT enough! I need more QUALITY like you said. I recruited some awesome folks last year but the more I can recruit, the more leaders will come out of it. I also need to get myself into a routine - off of facebook and on the phone. More time and energy focused on my team.

1. What is the purpose of developing leaders?

Developing leaders is important because it helps individuals reach their full potential and become effective leaders in their personal and professional lives. It also leads to stronger and more successful teams, as well as overall organizational growth and success.

2. What are some key traits of effective leaders?

Effective leaders possess traits such as strong communication skills, emotional intelligence, adaptability, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to inspire and motivate others. They also have a clear vision and are able to make tough decisions.

3. How can I develop my leadership skills?

You can develop your leadership skills by seeking out mentorship opportunities, attending leadership development workshops or courses, reading books and articles on leadership, and actively seeking feedback and self-reflection. It's also important to practice and apply your skills in real-life situations.

4. How can I motivate my team as a leader?

One way to motivate your team is by setting clear goals and expectations, and then providing support and resources to help them achieve those goals. It's also important to recognize and appreciate their efforts and accomplishments, and to create a positive and inclusive work environment.

5. How can I overcome challenges as a leader?

To overcome challenges as a leader, it's important to stay calm and focused, communicate effectively, and seek support and advice from mentors or other trusted individuals. It's also important to be open to learning from mistakes and adapting to changing circumstances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • otisbg
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez