• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Superbowl Commercials: FedEx, Blockbuster, and Bud Light Wedding

In summary, the best commercial so far is the Bud Light auctioneer wedding. The worst commercials are the Chevy oldies spot and the Bud spot with the phoney dalmation. The Garmin "Godzilla" parody is just...dumb. The Doritos spots harken back to the Reese's Peanut Butter cup ads of years ago but doesn't do it. The Chevy spot with the "guys can't keep their hands off it" spot is awful. The Coke "spread a little love" spot is not bad, but the heart one is stupid.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
So far, the FedEx commercial on the moon is not bad, Blockbuster with the mouse click is good, but the Bud Light auctioneer wedding is the best so far.

The Snickers "manly" and Chevrolet oldies spots qualify for my absolute dumbest spots so far. The Bud Light English as a second language spot almost makes that nomination but not quite.

I'm not sure if I like the Coke "spread a little love" spot or not. The Bud spot with the phoney dalmation is trying to capture the magic of the dalmation puppies from two years ago but falls short.The Garmin "Godzilla" parody is just...dumb.Oh, and if you're not familiar with broadcasting, the spots you see where CBS is advertising it own shows are spots that were unsold.

Is anyone else watching or is this a TKG-only thread?

My husband agrees with your opinion so far on the commercials.. I am on the computer while he watches the game....

Carreer Builder with people over the cliff? Uh-uh.The Doritos spots harken back to the Reese's Peanut Butter cup ads of years ago but doesn't do it.The Chevy spot with the "guys can't keep their hands off it" spot is awful.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Carreer Builder with people over the cliff? Uh-uh.

The Doritos spots harken back to the Reese's Peanut Butter cup ads of years ago but doesn't do it.

The Chevy spot with the "guys can't keep their hands off it" spot is awful.

I agree w/ teh Carreer Builder spot, but totally disagree w/ the others. Eric and I both looked at each other and busted out laughing at "clean up on register 5", and I thought the Chevy HHR spot was cute! Of course I'm SO easily amused.

The heart one was so stupid....

Okay our (my sister and me...two women that HATE football but are watching so we have an excuse to pig out!) favorite is the first Doritos commercial. "Spicy" "Cheesy" "Crunchy"....very funny :)

Disappointed so far...lots of really dumb or lame commercials.

debswork said:
The heart one was so stupid....
I thought the Heart spot was about the best one so far! (Maybe you're not old enough to worry about heart desease! ;) )

I also really like GM's lonely robot spot...and the Coke bottle in history is a good one, too.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Okay our (my sister and me...two women that HATE football but are watching so we have an excuse to pig out!) favorite is the first Doritos commercial. "Spicy" "Cheesy" "Crunchy"....very funny :)

Disappointed so far...lots of really dumb or lame commercials.
I think I was unimpressed with the Doritos spot because it's been done before. Reese's did it with "You got chocolate on my peanut butter! - You got peanut butter on my chocolate!" about 25 years ago.

I thought the GM robot was cute too...NO DON'T JUMP!!! LOL

I *LOVE* Connectile Disfunction!!!

Mr. Hadley (Coke spot) is my new hero!!!

Hey - maybe Prince will get shocked in the rain, so we can skip all this foolishness and get back into the game!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hey - maybe Prince will get shocked in the rain, so we can skip all this foolishness and get back into the game!

Totally agree there! Who decides on the entertainers for these?!

My favorite so far is the GM robot. I missed the mouse one but DH liked that one...

When half time started I came on to see what kitchen guy thought of Prince my little ones are making fun of him especially when I told him his name was the shape he is dancing on..

Spread a little love was really nice...and Doritoes was HILARIOUS!

I wonder how many people are going to be walking aound tomorrow slapping people across the face......hmmm.....

Doesn't look like CBS sold much air time for half time...they're even running Katie spots.

I loved the blockbuster commercial and find the bud & coke commercials humerous! I thought 1/2 time was very good as well!

KG - maybe because they didn't think too many people would be watching this Super Bowl.....bears and colts? Does anyone care? I'm sure some do, but there's no Packers (yeah, right) and no Patriots. Whoopee. Don't mean to pi$$ anyone off....if you like the bears and the colts, that's your choice...I live in WI...like the Pack, LOVE the Patriots!!

pixel-_ said:
I loved the blockbuster commercial and find the bud & coke commercials humerous! I thought 1/2 time was very good as well!
A has-been like Prinz? Gimme a break.

People are going to watch the Superbowl because it's the Superbowl. The number of unsold spots surprises me.

Did anyone else find the silhouette of Prinz on the tan cloth to be a little more than disturbing? It was like a wardrobe malfunction all over again.

I always wondered what went on inside a Coke machine!Good one!

Sheryl Crowe? Ho-hum.

Now, THAT careerbuilder spot was a good one! "You're a delivery guy! You don't even WORK here!"Taco Bell should bring back the dog instead of hiring lions.I like the Van Heusen spot. Not a favorite, but a good one.

I was really hoping for a new caveman ad... Oh, Geico, why hast thou forsaken me? lol

I was unimpressed by the first bit manipulatred Toyota truck commecial but this last one with the ramp was pretty cool.The Robert Goulet nut spot was just...nuts.

kahluakiggy said:
I was really hoping for a new caveman ad... Oh, Geico, why hast thou forsaken me? lol
Did you know that Warren Buffet owns Geico, too? We should be getting a deal on insurance.

ok so me and the hubby both liked the HHR ad. It's got our vote of so stupid, it stands out! i mean honestly, that's what it's about---getting you to remember them even if they're so terrible and dumb. LOL. I'm in this for the commercials....men in tights just aren't worth it.:rolleyes:

Do we all agree that FedEx ground is fast? Guess not.I don't like the Federline spot...the one that the fast food organization wanted pulled. It wasn't worth their effort.

Was that the Bears' first first-down of this half?

Ok, so I have to change mine....I love the guy with the ax and the chainsaw ad. Hubby votes for both.

At least with Prince there is usually no crotch grabbing or wardrobe malfunctions

True, but you had to wonder if he'd be allowed out in his buttless chaps :eek: Glad to see he was dressed semi-normal.

half time show..I was supposed to go out of town today and changed my mind, Prince is one of my favorite bands to see in Concert; however I was sooo surprised to hear he would be doing the half-time show, as the KG put it why a "has been"? Anyways, not liking football I turned on the TV and it was almost half-time show time, wasn't impressed either. At least I saw it :)

LIz

I like the crabs! Clever!

Prudential rocks? Hardly. Borrrrrrrrring.

What was the Elvis spot even for?

Kathytnt said:
At least with Prince there is usually no crotch grabbing or wardrobe malfunctions
Phallic projections don't count?

pampermeplease said:
Ok, so I have to change mine....I love the guy with the ax and the chainsaw ad. Hubby votes for both.
I loved that ad! I laughed so hard at that.

They never bring on anyone that I care about, so halftime usually means beer run for me. :D

A Geico discount would rock! I love them.

I like the "...get reaquainted with your doctor..." with one finger!!!

I wish I could hear the Chicago sports talk radio stations this week.Poor Wrecks Grossman is going to be pilloried this week.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Carreer Builder with people over the cliff? Uh-uh.

The Doritos spots harken back to the Reese's Peanut Butter cup ads of years ago but doesn't do it.

The Chevy spot with the "guys can't keep their hands off it" spot is awful.
Alright Kitchen Guy The one with the guys ripping there shirts off is Hilarious especially when its icky old guys LOL.
That was actually designed by a Freshman in college and she one the contest to design a Superbowl commercial.

careerbuilder is one for three so far.

CAmomCookin4U said:
Alright Kitchen Guy The one with the guys ripping there shirts off is Hilarious especially when its icky old guys LOL.
That was actually designed by a Freshman in college and she one the contest to design a Superbowl commercial.
I believe she is from UWM, my alma matter.

Last edited:
Man the Colts are Spankin Da Bears Thank goodness I don't care who wins.:D
How long till another commercial? Do we have to watch the rest of the game first.:(

LMAO!! Figures KG.:p

Ok Go Daddy was STuuuuuuuuuuuuPid!

The Snapple spot is almost as good as when Homer Simpson went to ask the Delhi Lama three question.

The NFL/Brett Favre spot is kind of an inside gag, isn't it?

must have been, I didn't understand it

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
StephsKitchen
  • crazy4dabug
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
  • pcjulie
  • Recipes and Tips