• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top 10 Money-Saving Ingredients

In summary, the top 10 money-saving ingredients include rice, beans, pasta, potatoes, eggs, canned tomatoes, onions, frozen vegetables, ground meat, and affordable cuts of meat like chicken thighs or pork shoulder. Rice can be used in a variety of dishes and buying in bulk can save money. Some budget-friendly recipes using inexpensive ingredients include rice and bean burritos, pasta with marinara sauce, potato and egg frittata, canned tomato and onion soup, and ground meat and vegetable stir-fry. To save money on meat, consider buying affordable cuts, purchasing in bulk, and incorporating more plant-based protein sources. Tips for using frozen vegetables to save money include buying in bulk, avoiding waste, and looking for sales and coupons.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
This was just published in Epicurious. Glad PC utilizes a lot of these ingredients in their recipes, however, seems like potatoes aren't used very much.

Top 10 Money-Saving Ingredients at Epicurious.com

Hope someone finds this useful.

thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Ditto - nice to see that it's not just rice and beans

Thank you for sharing! ;)

Glad you are finding this helpful.

Thanks for posting this. I read through and found the recipes they shared to be similar to some that I make. #10 surprised me....my family :love::love::love::love: flank steak (my 14yo DS in particular). I use the Jamaican Jerk rub on it and it is awesome...I had to laugh though when the article mentioned having leftovers with this. UH, not in my house!!!

Related to Top 10 Money-Saving Ingredients

What are the top 10 money-saving ingredients?

The top 10 money-saving ingredients are rice, beans, pasta, potatoes, eggs, canned tomatoes, onions, frozen vegetables, ground meat, and affordable cuts of meat like chicken thighs or pork shoulder.

How can I use rice to save money?

Rice is a versatile and affordable ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. It can be served as a side dish, added to soups and stews, or used as a base for stir-fries and casseroles. Buying rice in bulk and storing it properly can also save you money in the long run.

What are some budget-friendly recipes using inexpensive ingredients?

Some budget-friendly recipes using inexpensive ingredients include rice and bean burritos, pasta with marinara sauce, potato and egg frittata, canned tomato and onion soup, and ground meat and vegetable stir-fry.

How can I save money on meat?

You can save money on meat by buying affordable cuts like chicken thighs or pork shoulder, purchasing in bulk and freezing for later use, and incorporating more plant-based protein sources such as beans and eggs into your meals.

What are some tips for using frozen vegetables to save money?

To save money on frozen vegetables, buy in bulk and only use what you need for each meal to avoid waste. You can also mix them with other ingredients like rice or pasta to make them stretch further. Look for sales and coupons to get the best deals on frozen vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ann F
  • wadesgirl