• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tonight's Show...the Host Had a Major Ant

In summary, Carolyn had ants on her table and on her laptop screen. She also had one tentative booking and one recruit lead. The guests did not mention the ants. Breezy just seemed to fit today and caused poor DH to need to sleep with her.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Tonight's show...the host had a major ant proble.
Ants...everywhere.
On the table where she served the food.
Crawling across the screen of my laptop.
I have the heebie jeebies now :( :yuck:

Re: ick...
dannyzmom said:
Ants...everywhere.

EWWW!! What the H#$% was she thinking? Hasn't she ever heard of spray, traps, whatever? There's no way it could get THAT bad that quick!! What was her 'housekeeping' like?

You poor thing! I'd be feeling something crawling on me for quite awhile after that! How were the sales/bookings/recruit leads? Hopefully it made up for your environment?

Re: ick...EEWW! I have ants, or I did yesterday. It's the third time in the last 8 months! I put the ant stuff out right away each time, though. Then we spray around the house, too. Yuck! My house is new (three years, now). The first time I found them in my house was right after I did major cleaning, and I had a few ladies over. I was so grossed out and mad that the ants seemed to show up right after I cleaned instead of when my house was dirty.

Re: ick...sales only at 449...two "tentative" bookings (call me this week when I have my calendar) and one tentative booking (I'll get in touch with you when I am ready to have a show ... {aka - no bookings}
And one recruit lead I will be calling tomorrow.
I need to go de-louse.

Re: ick...That is just wrong. Did the guests say anything about them?

JAE said:
EEWW! I have ants, or I did yesterday. It's the third time in the last 8 months! I put the ant stuff out right away each time, though. Then we spray around the house, too. Yuck! My house is new (three years, now). The first time I found them in my house was right after I did major cleaning, and I had a few ladies over. I was so grossed out and mad that the ants seemed to show up right after I cleaned instead of when my house was dirty.

Let's just say...this hostess didn't clean before her guests came. I mean...REALLY didn't clean. Nasty counters, nasty floors...the living room was clean - the kitchen and room/office/closet/mess next to the kitchen wasn't clean...ick ick ick

StacieB said:
That is just wrong. Did the guests say anything about them?

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!
But the new consultant I had along with me to observed was SO skeeved out she was itching and twitching the whole ride home!! LOL

Re: ick...Sorry you had critters at your show Carolyn! Uck! We got ants the first year we lived here- but they got blown onto our deck during a severe storm, and decided my kitchen was a good place to camp out! I've heard that some cleaning products attract ants, JAE- I've seen ants in spotless homes and in very dirty ones.

I hope your recruiting lead works out!

Night!

dannyzmom said:
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!
But the new consultant I had along with me to observed was SO skeeved out she was itching and twitching the whole ride home!! LOL

Carolyn, does breezy mean you're going comando--- or you're just feeling a bit windy?

Kitchen Diva said:
Carolyn, does breezy mean you're going comando--- or you're just feeling a bit windy?

Breezy just seemed to fit today - I was feeling light and breezy.

Now, this evening...after eating a big portion of Creamy One Pot Pasta (with lots of broccoli) and chasing it with chocolate milk..."breezy" has taken on a whole new meaning. Poor DH has to sleep with me tonight... He needs nose plugs - LOL

dannyzmom said:
breezy Just Seemed To Fit Today - I Was Feeling Light And Breezy.

Now, This Evening...after Eating A Big Portion Of Creamy One Pot Pasta (with Lots Of Broccoli) And Chasing It With Chocolate Milk..."breezy" Has Taken On A Whole New Meaning. Poor Dh Has To Sleep With Me Tonight... He Needs Nose Plugs - Lol

Lovely! :rolleyes:Lol!

Re: ick...Oh Carolyn how terrible!!! Both for you and your show and your poor dear hubby tonight :)

dannyzmom said:

Now, this evening...after eating a big portion of Creamy One Pot Pasta (with lots of broccoli) and chasing it with chocolate milk..."breezy" has taken on a whole new meaning. Poor DH has to sleep with me tonight... He needs nose plugs - LOL

So glad to felt comfortable sharing! We are just one, big happy (albeit rather off-kilter and routinely needing medication) family...

Re: ick...ICK!

I would have been doing the heeby-jeeby dance too! Not sure how I would have made it through the show...I would have been FREAKING!

Re: ick...Yeah - BLEAH!! :yuck:

ChefAnt.jpg

At least this one is SERVING the food instead of crawling on it!

dannyzmom said:
Ants...everywhere.

that is just wrong!

I had a show many years ago in a home that was totally dirty~I can live with clutter (after 17 years with DH, I have had to learn how!) but this was DIRT! How can people live like that AND ask others over to enjoy food in those kind of conditions????

chefmeg said:
that is just wrong!

I had a show many years ago in a home that was totally dirty~I can live with clutter (after 17 years with DH, I have had to learn how!) but this was DIRT! How can people live like that AND ask others over to enjoy food in those kind of conditions????

Yeah....I have had a few shows where the host did not clean at all! At one I just threw my tablecloth over the crumbs on the table. At another there were dishes everywhere in her kitchen..full of old food! I actually demo'd in her kitchen! I made myself a clean spot! It was horrible.................

Re: ick...REMEDY FOR ANTS----- Black Pepper! Harmful to them, safe for pets ;)

vwpamperedchef said:
REMEDY FOR ANTS----- Black Pepper! Harmful to them, safe for pets ;)

That is GREAT to know. Recently (out of nowhere) they showed up & I've been using Boric Acid, But I'm leary going crazy with it because of my dog. Gonna try it right now! :D

Re: ick...Just think Carolyn, it could have been worse, it could have been big cockroaches!!!!Either way, glad it is over for you...

Re: ick...Gross.... I didn't know about the black pepper trick.

Re: ick...this is the 2nd year in a row we have had ants (same time of year) We had just been at a (verry clean) friends house and she was mortified to have them in her downstairs Bath room. Next morning I am sitting here chatting with you all and here crawls an ant accross my kitchen table. Needless to say the kids and I did some major cleaning. I also spray the outside of the house and under the areas they like to hide.

Re: ick...I hate doing shows in dirty houses!

Thread Hijack: Anyone have a good remedy for spiders? My house is 3 y/o and I have spiders and spider webs all over the place (corners, under cabinets, behind doors, above cabinets). Mostly they are the little spiders and the daddy-long-leg ones. The exterminator said in order to kill them that the chemicals would be too toxic for my family and pets. Any tips are appreciated.

End hijack - back to the icky ants.

pamperedlinda said:
Thread Hijack: Anyone have a good remedy for spiders? My house is 3 y/o and I have spiders and spider webs all over the place (corners, under cabinets, behind doors, above cabinets). Mostly they are the little spiders and the daddy-long-leg ones. The exterminator said in order to kill them that the chemicals would be too toxic for my family and pets. Any tips are appreciated.

Try here:

Spider Repellent Recipe

dannyzmom said:

LOL! Now breezy has taken on a whole new meaning! I have that as how I'm feeling today, but I'm not full of gas! LOL!
Sorry about the ant problem.... I've done a few shows in a few homes where I wasn't very comfy! Freaks me out! :yuck:

Re: ick...I know that if I was a guest at this home with not just ants but dirtiness, I would have not wanted to eat or drink anything.
I know you were clean but just not sure of where the hostess stored the ingredients or what may have crawled on it.

eeww:yuck:

KaryCam said:
I know that if I was a guest at this home with not just ants but dirtiness, I would have not wanted to eat or drink anything.
I know you were clean but just not sure of where the hostess stored the ingredients or what may have crawled on it.

eeww:yuck:

Again, another reason why I love that I shop for the food for my shows, and have the guest reimburse me!;)

Re: ick...eww eww eww....

my director was in a similar situation...did a show with a "crazy cat lady." this woman had 18, yes 18 cats in a 2-bedroom apartment. to add insult to injury, low sales, no bookings, no recruit leads.

poor director is a germaphobe too!

vwpamperedchef said:

Oh I didn't know that one, thanks for the tip.

rennea said:
Oh I didn't know that one, thanks for the tip.

your welcome! it works :)

katie0128 said:
So glad to felt comfortable sharing! We are just one, big happy (albeit rather off-kilter and routinely needing medication) family...

Step away from my pills! :)

Re: ick...http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/Ants.gif
Eeeegad...I did a party on a hot, humid summer day with the same infestation. I went to wash my hands and these sugar ants were crawling all over everything!:yuck:
Img11.gif
Img11.gif
Img11.gif

I am itching and twitching...

I too have ants in the spring but not to this extent. Certainly I would think she would have either postponed the party or held it somewhere else....ugh...I am itchy again!!!
Img11.gif
Img11.gif
Img11.gif

baychef said:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/Ants.gif
Eeeegad...I did a party on a hot, humid summer day with the same infestation. I went to wash my hands and these sugar ants were crawling all over everything!:yuck:
Img11.gif
Img11.gif
Img11.gif

I am itching and twitching...

I too have ants in the spring but not to this extent. Certainly I would think she would have either postponed the party or held it somewhere else....ugh...I am itchy again!!!
Img11.gif
Img11.gif
Img11.gif

Oh Ann even that post makes me itchy:eek:

vwpamperedchef said:
I have these stupid little ants! I was conviced it was because of the crumbs from the kids so I've been cleaning like a crazy lady! I've used spray and traps but I'm afraid to use to much because of the pets and the kids. Do you sprinkle the pepper around and let it sit? How do you use it?

Re: ick...Getting Rid of Ants
Sounds like you just sprinkle it down where you see them. It doesn't kill them, but it keeps them away.

Re: ick...I sprinkle it where they are. I havent had any trouble since.

buckeyefan08 said:
I have these stupid little ants! I was conviced it was because of the crumbs from the kids so I've been cleaning like a crazy lady! I've used spray and traps but I'm afraid to use to much because of the pets and the kids. Do you sprinkle the pepper around and let it sit? How do you use it?

years ago, when we put our house up for sale, we were invaded by the little "sweet" ants! Our real estate agent told us about a product called Tarro. It is a liquid that you out on a tiny piece of cardboard and then WATCH OUT! It is like every ant in the neighborhood shows up to eat that stuff! It contains Boric Acid and the worker ants take it back to the queen ant and then....no more ants! I would NOT recommend outting it out where a kid or pet could get to it; we used it at night when kids and pets were in their respective sleeping areas!

chefmeg said:
years ago, when we put our house up for sale, we were invaded by the little "sweet" ants! Our real estate agent told us about a product called Tarro. It is a liquid that you out on a tiny piece of cardboard and then WATCH OUT! It is like every ant in the neighborhood shows up to eat that stuff! It contains Boric Acid and the worker ants take it back to the queen ant and then....no more ants! I would NOT recommend outting it out where a kid or pet could get to it; we used it at night when kids and pets were in their respective sleeping areas!

Here in South Florida ants can become a real problem (especially if your house is filthy like that of my host the other night)...so we use Tarro a few nights a month after the kids are asleep...just to make sure any ants who might be thinking about coming to visit quickly change their minds.

pamperedlinda said:
I hate doing shows in dirty houses!

End hijack - back to the icky ants.

I'm an arachnaphobe, and get very freaked when a spider (any size, even those eensy teensy little ones) gets too close. However, I've been more tolerant of them since the Home Inspector came out when we were refinancing, and said that if we didn't have spiders we'd have ants. Right now, we have ants, and I haven't seen too many spiders.

I've also noticed (not so much this year so far, but in past years in this house), that when we didn't have spiders, we had mice, as well. Really, arachnaphobe that I am, I'd rather have the spiders.

Sarah

1. What should I do if I encounter an ant problem during my Pampered Chef party?

If you encounter an ant problem during your Pampered Chef party, please notify your consultant immediately. They will be able to assist you in finding a solution and making sure your guests are comfortable.

2. Can I still use the products from Pampered Chef if ants have gotten on them?

It is not recommended to use any products that have come into contact with ants. Please discard any food or products that have been affected by the ant problem.

3. How can I prevent ants from ruining future Pampered Chef parties?

To prevent ants from ruining future Pampered Chef parties, make sure to thoroughly clean and disinfect your party area before and after the event. You can also try using natural repellents, such as cinnamon or peppermint, to keep ants away.

4. Is it safe to eat the food that was served during the party with ants on the table?

No, it is not safe to eat food that has come into contact with ants. It is important to discard any food that may have been contaminated by the ants.

5. Will Pampered Chef cover any damages caused by the ant problem at my party?

Please reach out to your consultant or Pampered Chef customer service for any concerns regarding damages caused by the ant problem at your party. They will be able to assist you and provide further information on our policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies
Views
Pedey
  • MHouting
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies