1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I just had a show tonight.... the host had 5 friends come. NOT ONE OF

1. Pedey

Pedey Member

I just had a show tonight.... the host had 5 friends come. NOT ONE OF THEM ORDERED A THING! Not one. She did a good job getting some outside orders - about $280 of them - so it wasn't a total loss, but it could have just been a catalog show & saved me the 3 hour round trip! Not one single person that attended the party placed an order! Are you kidding me!!!??? AAAAGGGGHHHHH! Who does that!!?? LOL

I just had to get that off my chest! :yuck:

Sep 11, 2009
  2. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

Re: Unbelieveable

that is a total downer, sorry about your wasted 3 hour trip...but atleast the good thing is she got a good amount in outside orders!!

Sep 11, 2009
  3. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Do they all work together? If so, when's payday? I keep that in mind when scheduling shows. I do it right before & close after they get paid or hold it the weekend after payday. If they are not getting paid until Tuesday, then tell them that you will close it on Wed morning. If they don't get paid until Friday, then tell them you will close it on Saturday morning. That way, they will actually have MONEY in their account. ;) (super easy when you work with 2 groups like me ... the military and the school employees ...)

Sep 11, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I know that's frustrating. The thing to remember is that you may have made contacts that will pay off in the future. Plus, it was a legitimate show. Also, if she hasn't close yet you might be surprised.

Sep 11, 2009
  5. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I don't think I've ever had or been to a show where 90% of everyone ordered SOMETHING...not sure if its a regional thing but if I don't think I can buy something I usually don't even go. That's upsetting and nervvy for sure...so sorry!

Sep 11, 2009
  6. jwagner75

jwagner75 Novice Member

Do you think that they are going to place outside orders? Did they even look at your packet, I think that would have to be awkward, I would feel weird going to someone show and not ordering something, that is why I have so much pampered chef, princess house, longaberger, etc. etc...

Sep 11, 2009
  7. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Host coaching. Check what you said to her. Somehow she may have broadcast to this particular group of people, "It's OK you don't HAVE to buy anything"... and they came for the free lunch.

Contact them after, and ask how they enjoyed the show - just "survey questions". Allow them to tell you what they will tell you. Maybe you have 5 new recruits coming?!!:)

Sep 11, 2009
  8. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Did you do Customer Care Calls? Get their numbers for the host, call them, ask them if they enjoyed the show and if they'd like to place an order. If not, ask them if they'd like to host a show and get products for free.

Sep 11, 2009
  9. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

That is depressing! Everyone has given good advice though.

I'm getting more discouraged with my business. I had a show Thursday and only 3 people came. I have a show tomorrow and the host isn't expecting very many people - 2 confirmed so far! I won't cancel, but I'm making it easy on me. I'm only doing one recipe - making her do the dessert!

On a positive note I got 2 bookings from the Thursday show! She's hoping to close it at $300, but I use to get $400-$500 shows! I haven't had one in a long time!

I had my own show on Tuesday for Stampin Up and only my sister showed up! I felt so bad for the consultant! I invited 50 people! So many didn't RSVP and when I called they said, "I'm going to try to make it!" Ugh!!! Of course with Stampin Up you have to find people who like to craft! I was glad I chose PC because everyone has to eat/cook! I am getting outside orders and my show is up to $450, but it's crazy how many won't come to shows now!

I hope you get some orders from those who were at the show. Maybe they were just waiting for payday!

Good Luck!

10. Pedey

Pedey Member

Thanks for listening, guys!

They get their OT checks "sometime next week" so I said I'd hold it open for them. I was really hoping to close it by the 15th so I get my 2 shows in early, but I'll keep it open past that if it'll help the host get a higher show total. I'm not too concerned for myself - I don't do PC for the money (although it is nice!) - I do it for the "me time". But I am so disappointed for my host - that she will hardly get any free product - and as it stands now she doesn't get anything half-priced. She was really hoping to get the DCB either with FPV, 1/2 priced or with the 60% off host special....

HOPEFULLY some of her friends come through for her so she can get her baker! I feel so bad for her that they just all came, hung out, ate her food & left her hanging.

Sep 11, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted