• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Believe I Am Having Show Jitters

In summary, the speaker has submitted over 130 shows with a decent average last year, but has had a tough start to this year due to moving. Tonight's show has 16 confirmations and could potentially get the speaker back on track for TPC in sales. The speaker is also trying to generate close-in bookings and is offering a half-price host bonus and a 'book this date, get this item free' flyer for Mar-Apr bookings. Suggestions are given to the speaker to let guests know she is new to the area and to be herself. The speaker has also purchased a CD with great ideas for moving. After the show, the speaker reports back with 5 bookings and is happy
legacypc46
Gold Member
After submitting over 130 shows and having a decent average last year ($700+), you'd think I wouldn't let anything phase me. Well, tonight's show means a lot to my business, and because of that, the butterflies are having a field day.

I moved (long-distance) on short notice in Dec and again at the end of January. Before that, my sales were pretty good (over 25K last Sep-Dec and was fully on track for TPC in sales). Well, Dec and Jan were each less than 2K and Feb submissions, totaled a whopping $296 :eek: .

Now, I already have over 3K for March (long-distance catalog shows can be life-savers), but I only have 4 shows, besides tonight's, scheduled between now and the end of May (and one of those hosts is thinking of doing the show herself. :( and :) ).

Tonight's show has 16 confirmations all made in the last 48 hours (so more than the usual 50% may actually show up). My host knows a lot of people in my new town and has invited from multiple circles (bless her). She also has about $400 in outside orders (bless her again). I know from experience that a potentially great show can become a bust, but this show could get me fully back in the game.

If I can generate some close-in bookings tonight, TPC in sales becomes a possibility again (I'm down by 12.5K; not easy, but not impossible). This is also my primary means of income, so DH would appreciate not having to pick up the budgetary slack. The nerves though, are turning my brain to mush.

The ideas and support on this forum played a huge part in helping me build my business to where it was....so I'm throwing my nerves (and dreams) out there in the open. There are a lot of successful TPC achievers on this site....and plenty who haven't made it only because it's a hobby or part time gig.

I'm making up the 'book this date, get this item free' flyer for Mar-Apr (and May?) bookings. Any other ideas out there?

leggy

I really want the Free Conference, so I offered half-price host bonus for people who booked in that time frame. So, if they have a show in the first 2 weeks of April, they get the Salad Spinner for $10 instead of $20.

You probably already know this - but don't be afraid to let them know you are new to the area and need some help getting your business off the ground!:D :balloon:

I know that I don't have any ideas you haven't already thought of, but I did want to tell you that I'm sure you will KNOCK THEIR SOCKS OFF

I'm sure it is really hard to do the moves you have done and restart your biz, you're an inspiration to me. After signing so many recent hosts, and the flu bug going around I feel like I'm restarting my business too. So, I'll be watching this thread just as much as anyone else!

Bring the chilazane rectangle platter--with plastic eggs in it---Booking gifts in each egg----you can also let them crack an egg for spending $100----

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
You probably already know this - but don't be afraid to let them know you are new to the area and need some help getting your business off the ground!:D :balloon:

That's what I was going to say! Just be honest and have fun and I'm sure you'll do great!

Just goes to show that even the best of us has those jitters from time to time! Thanks for sharing.

I know once you get started you'll be great! Have fun!:balloon:

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the suggestions....DH is picking up some plastic eggs for me right now. Otherwise, I'm just about packed and ready to go (heading out a little before 5). Trying to stay focused on giving my host a great show and just being myself. (Posting about my nerves helped lessen them some....it just was a hard month last month. Love this site for the support and expertise!)

Note to anyone moving: buy the "Move It, You Won't Loose It" CD before you move. It has a ton of great ideas on it.....which are pretty good even if you aren't moving. A $2 investment that's definitely worth it (available via P3 on supply orders). Our own Morfia is one of the speakers.

leggy

Leggy...you are probably off CS now, but I wanted to wish you luck! Hope you get tons of sales and lots of bookings!

Leggy, I was out all day, but I'm sure you did great! You're such an inspiration. And you must have developed some great habits last year at your shows that will come back to you.

So how was it?!?!?!?!?!

5 Bookings====)))))She's Baaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

MORFIA said:
5 Bookings====)))))

She's Baaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Way to kick some butt, leggy!!!!

That's exciting for her. Way to go, leggy!

Thanks guys. We ended up having an absolutely gorgeous day here....one of those days that reminds you of how wonderful spring is going to be....and that you'd rather be outside than at a PC party.:rolleyes: Attendance dropped from the 16 confirmed to 7. (Darn that 50% rule!)

Still, scheduled five bookings, four of which are in this TPC period. Sales are a little over $700 (includes 9 outside orders) and there's an estimated 8 more outside orders. (Average o/o is running about $35....so it may inch over the $1000 mark...or not. :) )

The host was great and so were the guests. We did a modified interactive show and made Southwest Tortatinis and Mini Margarita Tarts. I did it where they assembled their own by working thru various stations. They each personally touched well over $500 worth of product. (I'll make a separate posting on what I did.)

Thanks again for the support. Gotta :love: Chef Success.

leggy

Yea for you, Leggy!

And those 5 bookings will bring more bookings, and those will bring more......you are definitely on your way now! We KNEW you could do it!

And I can't wait to read your post on how you did your show....plus the recipes, please?

awesome job leggy I am glad you had a great show.

Leggy,Awesome job!!!!:D I knew you would do good.

The 1965 comeback tour... revisitedLeggy,
Your post reminds me of the quote my husband keeps in our bathroom... he's a big Elvis fan. It says that in 1965 Elvis stood backstage with near panic stage fright at the international hotel in Los Vegas. It was his first concert there since 1956 when he was boo'd off the stage. Despite the stage fright, he took the stage and rocked the house with "Blue Suede Shoes".. So appearantly Elvis Lives as a PC consultant! Way to go!! Pretty soon you'll be singing aloha from... well Paris or something...

Related to Can't Believe I Am Having Show Jitters

1. Can you explain what "show jitters" means?

"Show jitters" refers to the nervousness or anxiety that someone may experience before hosting a Pampered Chef show. It is a common feeling among new hosts or those who haven't hosted a show in a while.

2. How can I calm my show jitters?

One way to calm show jitters is to prepare and practice beforehand. This can include familiarizing yourself with the products, reviewing the host guide, and rehearsing your presentation. Also, remember that your Pampered Chef consultant is there to support and guide you throughout the process.

3. What if I make a mistake during the show?

Mistakes happen, and it's okay. Your consultant is there to help you and can step in if needed. Just take a deep breath, acknowledge the mistake, and continue with your show. Your guests will appreciate your honesty and authenticity.

4. How can I make sure my guests have a great time despite my show jitters?

The best way to ensure your guests have a great time is by being yourself and having fun. Remember, your guests are there to see and support you, not to judge your performance. Also, be sure to include interactive and engaging activities throughout your show, such as recipe demonstrations or games.

5. Will my show still be successful even if I have show jitters?

Absolutely! Show jitters are completely normal and do not determine the success of your show. Just focus on connecting with your guests and sharing the amazing Pampered Chef products. Your enthusiasm and passion will shine through, and your guests will have a great time regardless of any nerves you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • sherri lynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • lockhartkitchen