• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Recipes for My Toaster Oven: No Frozen Food Here!

In summary, the conversation is about the use of a toaster oven and the desire for recipes specifically for toaster ovens. The participants share their own uses for the toaster oven, such as heating up pizza and making english muffin pizzas. They also discuss the possibility of finding a cookbook with toaster oven recipes and the usefulness of a small bar pan for cooking in the toaster oven.
chefsteph07
I got a toaster oven for Christmas, which I think I am going to LOVE...however, it did not come w/ any recipes, only a manual for instructions..anyone have one of these that you do anything creative with other than make frozen food?

You know that would be a good cookbook for someone to come up with. I personally don't have any specific recipes either though I use mine all the time. I use it everyday as my toaster as I have no room on counter for it and the toaster. I like to heat up pizza in the toaster oven as I will not eat microwaved pizza:yuck: and it's quicker than waiting for the oven. One thing I will occasionally make is english muffin pizzas which the toaster oven is perfect for. As far as toaster oven specific recipes that's something I'd like to see too. Maybe I'll look and see if I can find a cookbook for that??:thumbup:

http://www.toaster-oven.net/List-Pages/toaster-oven-recipes.htm

http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/recipeGadget?gadget.toasteroven

Here are a couple of sites with some recipes I'm going to look into more myself. Just google toaster oven recipes and lots of sites come up. These are just the 2 I felt worthy of sharing that I got a chance to peruse. I've been dying to get myself the small bar pan so I can use toaster oven more often!:)

I have a toaster/convection oven that holds a 12" pizza pan (came with it) and I love it. What I've done is take the PC recipes and use a recipe calculator to cut them in half so I can put them in the toaster oven. This way I have leftovers but not an over abundance....(PS I'm single).

I had a toaster oven on my list again this year and I still didn't get one. :cry: I guess I'll just have to earn the one from PC in the Jan-Feb promotion (I already have all the cookware). :sing:

kcmckay said:
You know that would be a good cookbook for someone to come up with. I personally don't have any specific recipes either though I use mine all the time. I use it everyday as my toaster as I have no room on counter for it and the toaster. I like to heat up pizza in the toaster oven as I will not eat microwaved pizza:yuck: and it's quicker than waiting for the oven. One thing I will occasionally make is english muffin pizzas which the toaster oven is perfect for. As far as toaster oven specific recipes that's something I'd like to see too. Maybe I'll look and see if I can find a cookbook for that??:thumbup:

I looked on Amazon and they do have Toaster oven recipe books, like the ones you see at the check outs at the grocery store. I don't want to pay shipping for it so maybe I'll stop at Barnes and noble sometime and see if I can find something.

Kathie's Kitchen said:
I have a toaster/convection oven that holds a 12" pizza pan (came with it) and I love it. What I've done is take the PC recipes and use a recipe calculator to cut them in half so I can put them in the toaster oven. This way I have leftovers but not an over abundance....(PS I'm single).

Mine holds the 12 in pizza as well...the other night we made 2 frozen pizzas and a box of chicken wings in about 45 min total..it was amazing! And no preheating!!! Today I made some battered fish for lunch in it...that's what got me thinking if there were actual "recipes" to use for it other than frozen foods. I don't buy a whole lot of frozen food, so I wanted to utilize it more. I did get at the store tonight some more wings and some mozzerella sticks for celebrating tonight so I'll be using it again for that! :thumbup:

If you don't already have it - you MUST get the small Bar Pan. That is the most used piece of stoneware that I own - it is black! I use it for reheating leftovers and cooking chicken tenders, hot dogs....anything that is small.

What types of recipes can I make in my toaster oven?

There are so many creative recipes you can make in your toaster oven! Some popular options include roasted vegetables, baked chicken, mini pizzas, and even desserts like cookies or brownies.

Do I need any special equipment to make these recipes?

No, you do not need any special equipment. Just a standard toaster oven and basic kitchen tools like baking sheets and mixing bowls will do the trick.

Are these recipes only for single servings?

No, these recipes can be adjusted for larger servings as well. Simply adjust the ingredient measurements accordingly and keep an eye on cooking times.

Can I make these recipes ahead of time and reheat them in my toaster oven?

Absolutely! These recipes are perfect for meal prepping and can easily be reheated in your toaster oven for a quick and delicious meal.

Can I use frozen ingredients in these recipes?

While the focus of these recipes is to avoid frozen food, you can certainly use frozen ingredients if needed. Just be sure to adjust cooking times accordingly and fully thaw the ingredients before cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • cindylee146