• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes Using the Starter Kit With No Stove/Oven

In summary, you can prepare a lot of food ahead of time and just bring it to the show for presentation. You can also use some of the tools that are included in your starter kit, like the mandoline and food chopper.
koima
I've got a show coming up with no stove/oven, only a microwave. Anything I can do with my starter kit?

I thought about making the recipe up ahead of time and just bringing some food to show the products, like potatoes that can be sliced with the mandoline, chopped in the food chopper, etc. Is that any fun for the guests?

Do the Greek Cheese Torta, and just don't toast the crostini in the oven. I often prefer the bread to be soft anyway, but show them how you could toast them and bring a stone. You could also do the Savoury Cheese Crostini (what I call Spanish Tapas) with all the different toppings, but again, don't toast the bread. This is actually a great demo that shows a lot of tools.

Also, there's the Touchdown Taco Dip - I'm sure that can be heated in the Microwave - ask what kind of stones your host has.

Any of the Trifle Recipes work great for a no cook demo - in fact, I'm doing the Black Forest Trifle tonight! If you can get a hold of the Rice Cooker Plus, do the micro cake - it's a show stopper - just take 1 cake mix, mix as per on the box (with the ingredients to make the cake), ad 3 - 4 dollops of frosting, microwave for 9 minutes, and voila - inside out lava cake!

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Greek Cheese Torta.doc
    39 KB · Views: 332
  • Spanish Tapas.DOC
    24 KB · Views: 275
Why not do the Clubhouse Chicken Squares - just prebake the crust and bring it with you.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares

2 Packages (8 oz. Each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 TBSP mayonnaise
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken (or 1 can (10oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked can be substituted)
½ small cucumber
2 plum tomatoes, seeded
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using the Bakers Roller, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
• Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic - pressed with Garlic press and seasoning mix in Classic Batter Bowl; mix until smooth using Classic Scraper. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust using Large Spreader. Sprinkle chicken evenly over filling.
• Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Remove seeds using The Corer. Thinly slice cucumber using Ultimate Slice & Grate; Cut slices into quarters using Utility Knife. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise; remove seeds using Cooks Corer. Dice tomatoes using Chef’s Knife. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, and bacon over filling. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

A trifle might be good for booking December shows, as it's the host special next month. I'll just need to get myself a trifle bowl! :)

And you can cheat with the trifles by using "Two Bite Brownies" - or prepare the brownies ahead of time.

I second Linda's suggestion of the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. These are a crowd-pleaser...and the recipe shows a ton of tools. Just pre-bake the crust, and you are good to go!

koima said:
I've got a show coming up with no stove/oven, only a microwave. Anything I can do with my starter kit?

I thought about making the recipe up ahead of time and just bringing some food to show the products, like potatoes that can be sliced with the mandoline, chopped in the food chopper, etc. Is that any fun for the guests?

I do this ALL the time. Sometimes I bring a recipe ahead of time, sometimes I don't - depends on the Host, location, etc.

You have an example of each of the BIG 4 - so talk about them! - you will get higher Sales, Bookings, and possible recruits that way, IMO.

Bringing a few potatoes/apples would be a great idea! I have been toying with the idea myself (Because I always do a Catalogue Walk-Through format for my Shows)

ChefBeckyD said:
I second Linda's suggestion of the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. These are a crowd-pleaser...and the recipe shows a ton of tools. Just pre-bake the crust, and you are good to go!

Me 3 or you can bake a pizza dough in advance & make the toppings at the show ( chicken caesar, tuna salad etc....HTH

1. Can I make any hot dishes with the starter kit without a stove or oven?

Yes, the starter kit includes a microwave-safe container that allows you to make a variety of hot dishes, such as mac and cheese, steamed vegetables, and more.

2. Are there any no-bake dessert recipes included in the starter kit?

Yes, the starter kit comes with a recipe book that includes no-bake dessert options, such as chocolate peanut butter bars and lemon cheesecake.

3. Can I use the starter kit to make meals for more than one person?

Yes, the recipes included in the starter kit are designed to serve two people. However, you can easily adjust the ingredients to make larger portions if needed.

4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan recipes included in the starter kit?

Yes, the recipe book includes options for vegetarian and vegan dishes, such as tofu stir-fry and quinoa salad.

5. Can I use the starter kit to make meals for special dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or dairy-free?

Yes, the recipe book includes options for dishes that are gluten-free and dairy-free. Additionally, many of the recipes can be easily modified to fit specific dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies